Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2016, 01:48 PM   #221
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great race. I thought Max was way over the line with some of his moves. He's the new Grosjean or maybe even Maldonado.

Turn 1 was just a mess through and through. Vettel needed to give Kimi more room, Kimi should have protected the inside a bit better, Max should have not tried to make up for a poor start in the next 100m. All ended up with compromised races from then on.

Was pisses when I finally saw the replay of Pascal running over Jenson. I wasn't able to quite see how Jenson ended up back behind the Renault's, will have to look again tonight.

KMag, damn near took the wall down. That was a pretty heavy hit. Reminded me a lot of Kimi's shunt at Silverstone a few years ago.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:33 AM   #222
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Magnussen had an unlucky bounce, you could see in slow mo his back end came totally unweighted and the rear spun loose on him. It probably would have caught most drivers. Maybe it was bad car setup to handle that, or he took just the wrong line, but it didn't look to be his fault in super slow mo.

Max is not Maldonado, he actually does have great skill. Maldonado was just a hazard. I actually think he legitimately thinks what he is doing is not wrong and doesn't "get it" yet. I think it is going to take things going really wrong for him to get it. Perhaps his team should put more into changing his habits becuase other drivers telling him isn't getting through.

Speaking of Maldonado, I actually see some of that in Pascal.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:07 AM   #223
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Felipe Massa has announced his retirement from Formula 1.

Looks like Ferrari's engine upgrade have given them an advantage over RB at Monza. Mercs leaving everyone in the dust.

It would be really nice if we got a nice battle for 1st between Nico and Lewis and then got another 4 way battle from the RBs and Ferraris for the rest of the season. Curious to see if RB will regain their advantage over Ferrari when the calendar shifts back to chasis/downforce favored tracks.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 04:17 PM   #224
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Posted this in the funny pics thread too but figured it can go here too.

Heineken's first F1 ad.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2016, 12:13 PM   #225
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Looks like Mercs are a cut above Ferrari and Ferrari a cut above the next level but RB and Williams are very close on that 3rd level.

In other news the saga of Max is getting uglier. After Villeneuve said Max needs to be careful or he'll kill someone, Max came back by referencing a steward that died after a Villeneuve accident. Ugh Max, not cool buddy. Considering his dad is a top notch ahole and borderline psychopath, I was really hoping Max would stay away from this type of stuff. He's young so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say it's his immaturity but he needs to take the high road.
Old 09-03-2016, 06:21 PM   #226
Methanolic
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Good Qualy today, breached excitement at the end.

Looking forward to a great race tomorrow.

Cecil, Do you have a link regarding the above comments? would love to read the interview, or view the video. Thanks,
Methanolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 06:36 PM   #227
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Here's one with a response from Villeneuve after Max's comments:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...us--villeneuve

I assume Villeneuve is taking a shot at Max's dad when he says someone is telling Max what to say.

And this one explains some of the controversy surrounding Max bringing up the stewards death.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ve...ks-815150/?s=1
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2016, 06:54 PM   #228
Methanolic
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

^ Interesting to be sure. Thanks for the links Cecil.

I think Max has a ton of growing up to do. Also, Jacques is not the type to spew gossip and garbage, If I were Max I would listen.......and STFU. People around him have a lot to offer and I think the pilots he shares the track with have been very patient and generous with their advice. (Kimi)

.....Beyond all that, one of the most exciting races of the season is a few hours away, can't wait to see if Lewis can actually hold his P1 into/and out of turn one. Hoping for another podium for DR and very interested to see how Max behaves if he gets a jump at the start.

Lights Out!!....can't wait.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:59 AM   #229
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

I really liked the pre race stuff today. Those FOM graphics showing braking/acceleration lines thru the corner really show how skilled and tuned in Lewis is.

Then seeing Brundle drive that 14t car. Cool stuff.

As for the race so far, once again a good start for Ferrari and poor start for one of the Mercs means we are having a good race. It means Nico isn't having much competition but the battle for other podium spots is ongoing.
Old 09-04-2016, 10:10 AM   #230
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default 2016 Formula 1

Shell commercial with some nice auditory footage of old Ferraris.

https://youtu.be/89J3_p34qN0
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ironhorse For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2016, 10:56 AM   #231
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Just to touch on what Lewis said post race about wishing more cars were racing for the win...the starting grid today had 7 tenths separating 1st from 3rd based on Qualifying times. In 2012 it was something like 7 tenths for the entire top 10 in Q3.

That was a fun podium. Crazy Italian fans.

Happy to see that championship lead only 2 pts.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:28 PM   #232
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Canadian Lance Stroll front runner to get Massa's vacant Williams seat! That'd be awesome to have a Canadian in the field with a potentially competitive team. Williams have been on podium each of the last two years in Montreal. How fun would it be to have a Canadian on podium at home?

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/st...n-2017-815410/

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 09-05-2016 at 11:29 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2016, 11:20 AM   #233
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh man, would love to have a Canadian to cheer for again.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:45 PM   #234
wontondestruction
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
Default US media firm Liberty Media to buy Formula 1

Looks like F1 is about to be sold to a US Media group. I've been watching F1 for 20 years now, and hope they can now grow the sport with a younger fan base, that Bernie cares so little about.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-37303230
wontondestruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 04:58 PM   #235
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Lots of talk that Liberty takeover will be good for the sport. Lower ticket prices, more revenue sharing (eventually), better online presence etc.

Here is a good article about how CVC and Bernie pretty much bled F1 dry for their own personal financial benefit and how Liberty may fix it.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2016/09/0...-liberty-mean/
Old 09-16-2016, 09:05 PM   #236
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone else notice this year the commentary is about 1.5 seconds ahead of the video? I understand them putting a slight delay, but it's at the point where they start describing stuff before you even see it. Kind of distracting. Just watching FP2 now.

Love this track. Mercedes might have a bit of a challenge here.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:42 PM   #237
Methanolic
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Yeah Fuzz,

Annoying to say the least. Watching a Merc #44 and they're talking about Rosberg. I actually thought they were just being stupid again but it turned out to be the time delay.

.....I miss David Coulthard.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:46 PM   #238
Methanolic
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

10 (giver take) Hours from right now is going to be crazy. The only guy who has a hope of escaping Mr mayhem is Nico. Im hoping Lewis does enough to put some championship points up and get get ahead of the Brat.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:06 PM   #239
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

"This is the worst car I have every driven." -Grosjean. Ouch.

I wonder if Mercedes were playing a bit of rope-a-dope between Q3 and Q2. Maybe they put up a slow time in Q3 to make Redbull think they could do Q2 in the Softs. The point being maybe Mercedes knows the Ultras will be better to start on and wants Redbull on the Softs, so they goaded them into it, knowing they have gone that way before. They clearly had the pace, and for both of them to ring it slow? Suspicious to say the least, anyway.

Agree the race is going to be great. With Mercedes' start issues it is anyone's game here. Won't be watching until tomorrow afternoon, or evening.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2016, 09:14 PM   #240
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Too bad Vettel's car crapped out. Would have been interesting to see how the top 6 looked.

Fuzz I do agree about the Mercs tho. They always seem to save their pace for when it counts.

Tags
fast , formula , nascar sucks , racing