Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2015, 01:19 PM   #21
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good to hear. Was planning on doing this with my Bouwmeester (it's especially bad when the name you get evolves into arguably the biggest goat on the team. Can't even wear it).

Figured it could turn out crappy, but was kinda convincing myself otherwise until I read this thread.

Posted from Calgarypuck.com App for Android
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 01:22 PM   #22
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Good to hear. Was planning on doing this with my Bouwmeester (it's especially bad when the name you get evolves into arguably the biggest goat on the team. Can't even wear it).

Figured it could turn out crappy, but was kinda convincing myself otherwise until I read this thread.

Posted from Calgarypuck.com App for Android
i'd just change the namebar

again - from the flames webpage....

#4. Noel Price, Richard Mulhern, Pekka Rautakallio, Paul Baxter, Brad McCrimmon, Jim Kyte, Kevin Dahl, Glen Featherstone, Sami Helenius, Bobby Dollas, Darrel Scoville, Wade Belak, Dallas Eakins, Jordan Leopold, Roman Hamrlik, James Vandermeer, Jay Bouwmeester, Kris Russell

.... you might want to stay clear of eakins... i hear he's no good!
Old 04-17-2015, 01:46 PM   #23
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'd change that to Russell for sure.

At least 4 you can usually do something with.

I'm still sitting on a 93 Cammalleri.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:15 AM   #24
old-fart
Franchise Player

Exp:

I won a 47 Bart jersey a couple years ago. Based on this thread, I think I'll just leave it for now and hope for either a hall of fame career (but not on the Nucks, blech) or another superstar rookie to come through the system and end up with a 47 number.

At least I'm not out of pocket on the thing...
old-fart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:18 AM   #25
CaptainYooh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Former Flames players that retired as Flames or were Flames legends are OK to keep and wear forever. I am not gonna re-letter Kiprusoff. It's those others... We have two Tanguay, one Simon and one Bouwmeester jerseys in our closet that are outdated. The Simon one I don't mind wearing occasionally, plus he signed it for me. But the Tanguay and Bou are awkward to wear, so they are just gathering dust.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:05 AM   #26
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

I still have a Phaneuf 3 jersey sitting around....
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:53 AM   #27
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypucker View Post
I still have a Phaneuf 3 jersey sitting around....
Schlemko that bad boy up ASAP.
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:16 PM   #28
Lonestar
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Hey guys, quick question that I wasn't sure warranted a new thread. I'm looking for a new sweater and with part of my tax return wouldn't mind getting an authentic that will last me a long long time.

First question I guess is the authentic edge worth the price? Looking at the NHL store, the premier customized are $200, but with all heat transferred logo, letters and numbers. I'm wondering how well the heat transferred stuff holds up as the only sweater I have with a player name is authentic with stitched logo etc that I bought at FanAttic a couple years ago.

Also, where do you guys suggest purchasing from online if it's being shipped to the states?

Thanks for any and all input!
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:44 PM   #29
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
wouldn't mind getting an authentic that will last me a long long time.

the premier customized are $200, but with all heat transferred logo, letters and numbers. I'm wondering how well the heat transferred stuff holds up as the only sweater I have with a player name is authentic with stitched logo etc that I bought at FanAttic a couple years ago.
Are you talking authentic as in the on-ice version? Because that and the premier are different.

For $200 the nhl.com one is a joke. For the same price(ish) you can order from Fanattic or River City and get a premier with stitched lettering. If you wait until the off season River City usually has premier (stitched) for $150-180.

The logo is always heat transfer/glued on the premier no matter where you get it from. It's the numbering/lettering that's stitched.

If you're talking an actual on-ice authentic, you're looking at $350+ with a name IIRC. You could however also look at a game worn from Fanattic for a similar price, and it'd be game worn.
The Following User Says Thank You to DownhillGoat For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2015, 06:59 PM   #30
Lonestar
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunkstyle View Post
Are you talking authentic as in the on-ice version? Because that and the premier are different.

For $200 the nhl.com one is a joke. For the same price(ish) you can order from Fanattic or River City and get a premier with stitched lettering. If you wait until the off season River City usually has premier (stitched) for $150-180.

The logo is always heat transfer/glued on the premier no matter where you get it from. It's the numbering/lettering that's stitched.

If you're talking an actual on-ice authentic, you're looking at $350+ with a name IIRC. You could however also look at a game worn from Fanattic for a similar price, and it'd be game worn.

Sorry I should have been more clear. I'm wondering if the authentic are that much higher quality to justify the additional 150 plus shipping. The authentic I have is amazing, just wondering what the quality of the premier is comparatively. The premier I have doesn't have a name, and although it's held up well I wasn't sure if a heat transferred name and number would last. Obviously I'll steer clear from NHL store considering new info. Would you happen to know if Fanattic ships out of country?

I had no idea NHL.com premiers would be any different than the Fanattic premiers. Good to know! Thank you!
Old 04-26-2015, 08:40 PM   #31
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ah misunderstood the question.

Authentic are awesome (picked one up on the 50% off sale post lockout), but it depends if you'd rather get a new one every few years or keep one for a long time. On the premiers I find the flame tips on the C start to fray/peel and have gotten progressively worse over the last decade, but they're still okay if you're not constantly washing them. If you're happy with the premier you have now, no problem going with that again, but I strongly recommend the fully stitched name/number.

Depends on what you're using it for though too. Just to wear for games? Or playing shinny in?

I would assume Fanattic ships to US, not sure though but if they don't I'd be willing to re-ship it out to you.

River City quite often has 25% off sales on Canadian long weekends, and they offer US shipping.
The Following User Says Thank You to DownhillGoat For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2015, 08:49 AM   #32
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

All the replica ones I have (current third and current retro) have the really crappy red material that frays if you look at it the wrong way (or if your winter coat Velcro sticks to it).... do the authentic ones have the same problem? If not I might grab on in the off season if/when they go on sale.
rohara66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:02 AM   #33
flamesgirl18
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Update on my NHL.com jersey - just got it on Saturday and after a close inspection it's in perfect shape. No upside down logo or crooked shoulder patches, guess I got lucky
flamesgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:57 PM   #34
Magnum PEI
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohara66 View Post
All the replica ones I have (current third and current retro) have the really crappy red material that frays if you look at it the wrong way (or if your winter coat Velcro sticks to it).... do the authentic ones have the same problem? If not I might grab on in the off season if/when they go on sale.
The authentics are now airknit material, like the old CCM jerseys. Way tougher to fray than the premier material. The equipment sale has them 35% off I believe (~$207 for blank), though that wont happen until June at the earliest.
Magnum PEI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:16 PM   #35
HarryH93
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank MetaMusil View Post
Schlemko that bad boy up ASAP.
Saw a guy at the Dome game 6 with a home jersey with #3 on the back, but the name was all covered up in white tape and had Schlemko written in black marker.
HarryH93 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HarryH93 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2015, 02:58 PM   #36
Lonestar
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum PEI View Post
The authentics are now airknit material, like the old CCM jerseys. Way tougher to fray than the premier material. The equipment sale has them 35% off I believe (~$207 for blank), though that wont happen until June at the earliest.
Do they post the items in the equipment sale online?
Old 04-27-2015, 03:03 PM   #37
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I went into FanAttic today to turn my Bouw into a Russell. Unfortunately they said due to the excitement over the Flames run, they're super back logged and it's about 5 weeks to get it back. So guess I'm waiting until the offseason.

Does anyone know of another place you can get it done? i was a little surprised at the $65 price tag just to sew on a name bar (especially considering they said I have to take off the Bouw myself).
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:08 PM   #38
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
So I went into FanAttic today to turn my Bouw into a Russell. Unfortunately they said due to the excitement over the Flames run, they're super back logged and it's about 5 weeks to get it back. So guess I'm waiting until the offseason.

Does anyone know of another place you can get it done? i was a little surprised at the $65 price tag just to sew on a name bar (especially considering they said I have to take off the Bouw myself).
Cant vouch for quality, but this guy looks legit www.flamingjersey.com

Located in Calgary

Last edited by FlamesFanStrandedInEDM; 04-27-2015 at 11:12 PM.
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesFanStrandedInEDM For This Useful Post: