Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2015, 10:01 AM   #21
Cflames_12.5
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I also can usually remember my dreams in good detail. My favourite reoccurring dream I have is I have web slinging powers like Spiderman. Man I love those dreams.
Cflames_12.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:45 AM   #22
Slacker
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I always dream of spiders, goddamn spiders.
Slacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:35 PM   #23
annasuave
Scoring Winger

Exp:

By far, the strangest for me, is the dream where I'm a dinosaur-ranch-hand.

My job is to ride around on the back of a miniature tyrannosaurus, round up cattle, and shoot them (with a rifle) for slaughter. I'm a lousy shot, and keep wounding the cows instead of killing them, which drives the others cows (and nearby wild mini-tyrannosaurs) into a frenzy. I have a special, high frequency air-horn to drive off the wild tyrannosaurs, which is only partially effective. My own dinosaur-steed keeps trying to eat the fallen cattle.

My suggestions to management that we stop shooting the cows in the open grasslands, and instead corral them into chutes falls on deaf ears, and I am continually dispatched, on the back of a dinosaur, to shoot cows.

The worst part? This is a recurring dream.
annasuave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to annasuave For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2015, 02:16 PM   #24
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

I had a weird dream last night where I woke up one morning and went bald. Not completely bald, but woke up with a nicely formed horseshoe.
calf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 02:43 PM   #25
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not a fan of the dreams where my teeth are falling out. Next thing your know I'm trying to brush my teeth to take care of them and I'm spitting them everywhere.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2015, 04:47 PM   #26
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by annasuave View Post
By far, the strangest for me, is the dream where I'm a dinosaur-ranch-hand.

My job is to ride around on the back of a miniature tyrannosaurus, round up cattle, and shoot them (with a rifle) for slaughter. I'm a lousy shot, and keep wounding the cows instead of killing them, which drives the others cows (and nearby wild mini-tyrannosaurs) into a frenzy. I have a special, high frequency air-horn to drive off the wild tyrannosaurs, which is only partially effective. My own dinosaur-steed keeps trying to eat the fallen cattle.

My suggestions to management that we stop shooting the cows in the open grasslands, and instead corral them into chutes falls on deaf ears, and I am continually dispatched, on the back of a dinosaur, to shoot cows.

The worst part? This is a recurring dream.
I had an issue with a recurring dream. I probably had the same dream for 15 years, until I figured out what was causing it. I haven't had the dream since. I actually posted about it 4 years ago here, as I was so excited that I wasn't going insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post

Last night I completed a 25 year journey. When I was a kid, I saw this movie, and all I could remember was there was this guy, chasing a flying magic key, and that key smashed up a room, went up a chimney, shot lasers and fire at people and his face melted at the end. I also remembered that I loved it.

Well, years passed, and and I forgot about it. About a 15 years ago, I started having dreams about this movie, but I didn't understand them and I would awake up in the middle of the night from having one of these dreams, and try and google/search imdb for this movie, and figure out what it was to no avail. The search Flying / key / face / melt / chimney resulted in no hit of any substance. Seemed too bizarre to be real, how can a flying key do all this? Was this dream just a grand illusion, or a figment of my childhood imagination? I asked people, and no body seemed to remember any movie like this, but the dreams never stopped.

Well last night I had the dream again about this key, and in the dream I was wearing 3D glasses. I woke up at 4 in the morining, and recalled the dream, and it hit me. I added 3D to my search results, and up came an obscure 1983 movie called 'The treasure of the four crowns'. Then it all came back, it was a 3D movie played on 2&7 and you had to adjust the colors on your TV all wonky, and go buy a set of 3D galsses at Mac's or Mr. Soft Drink to watch it. I honestly felt a total moment of relief, accomplishment and peace once I figured out the name of this movie that has been haunting my mind for 25 years.

/coolstorybro

Here is a clip, and if this isn't the most gratuitous exploitation of 3D, I do not know what is, this is the Count Floyd level of 3D:

pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 05:22 PM   #27
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

I think I mentioned this one on here but I was at a club talking to these two hot girls and out of nowhere Monahan comes in without a shirt and he's really jacked. The girls blew me off for him. When I woke up I found out that Monahan had scored twice in the game that was on that night...
Old 04-17-2015, 05:32 PM   #28
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

I hope he steals dream girls from you tonight.
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 05:44 PM   #29
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Last night I had the strangest dream
I sailed away to China
In a little row boat to find ya
And you said you had to get your laundry cleaned

Old 04-18-2015, 12:48 AM   #30
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hate dreams where I get my teeth pulled out. I know dreams are not supposed to hurt, but sometimes I swear I can feel the sensation. It doesn't hurt per se, but it's not a pleasant feeling. And when I wake up, I can feel it for a couple of seconds.

Another dream I tend to have is walking into an exam of a subject I have no idea about (ie. quantum mechanics, or some advanced math course). I've been out of university for 10 years now, you'd think I'd catch on. But for some reason, I always panic and freak out, only to wake and realize I'm not even in school anymore.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 04:56 PM   #31
Phanuthier
Franchise Player

Exp:

My dreams are really boring... usually me doing my usual hobbies or my day at work, either sitting in my (old) cubical or in the lab. I've solved problems and bugs in my dreams sometimes. Kind of sad to be dreaming that you are at work, then hear your alarm go off to wake you up to go to work.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:10 PM   #32
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've had the tooth falling out dreams before.

I also have recurring dreams about fish. Like I will be fishing and I will catch some type of freaky monstrous fish that tries to pull me in. I also sometimes have dreams where I am swimming and then get caught by a current and get pulled out into deep water and can't make it back to shore.

Probably one of the weirdest dreams I had was one where I was murdered and came back to life to try and solve my murder, except I was Styrofoam gumshoe.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:09 PM   #33
Guest1

I could post a new one every night. The crumbling teeth one is recurring.
Last night I had a dream that the puppy we got on Sunday chewed his own tongue off.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:51 PM   #34
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Last night I dreamt I was in a hotel room with a bright purple horse sleeping beside me on the floor. The horse woke up and started galloping, like full blown, coming down the stretch, last furlong of the race, gallop to one side of the room. Then he'd stop and gallop to the other side. Then we both got kicked out.

That's the normal dream. Last May I moved to a furnished apartment and almost immediately started having 9/11 dreams. They were terrible and happened often. A while ago I was standing on a ladder changing a light bulb in my bedroom and because of the different vantage point took notice of the photograph hanging above my bed for the first time. It's the typical Manhattan skyline picture with the twin towers front and center. Completely unremarkable in every way.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2015, 07:29 AM   #35
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
Last May I moved to a furnished apartment and almost immediately started having 9/11 dreams. They were terrible and happened often. A while ago I was standing on a ladder changing a light bulb in my bedroom and because of the different vantage point took notice of the photograph hanging above my bed for the first time. It's the typical Manhattan skyline picture with the twin towers front and center. Completely unremarkable in every way.
So you had never noticed the picture of the twin towers in your room or connected them with your terrible recurring 9/11 dreams until you were a standing a foot and a half off the ground?
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:44 AM   #36
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
So you had never noticed the picture of the twin towers in your room or connected them with your terrible recurring 9/11 dreams until you were a standing a foot and a half off the ground?
Yeah. Weird. In my own house I had art everywhere and I was really connected to every piece. When I moved I stored it all and kind of ignored on purpose the decorative art in my furnished place. It fills the wall spaces but not really my thing. After several months, If you had asked me what was hanging there I would not have been able to tell you. The ceilings are really high so being three or four feet up was a totally different perspective. You often see things differently when you look at them from a different physical angle. I definitely saw the NYC picture before, probably the last thing I saw before sleeping every night. But I did not see any conscious connection to it; just a block of monochrome and lines filling a spot. I think that is a common source of dreams.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:46 AM   #37
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Last night I dreamt I was salvaging the Titanic wreck for ancient pest control spray equipment. When we found it, we were surprised it was made by Microsoft. Then I had to do a TED talk about the equipment, but I couldn't remember what I was supposed to be presenting about, so me and my heavy metal band band played a concert instead. We used the Microsoft bug sprayers as instruments. And the crowd thought the concert was awesome.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:11 PM   #38
Knalus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Last night I had a dream I was driving one of the big AT-AT walkers from Star Wars. There were some mountains ahead of me. I turned to the left, and the head moved, but the walker kept going forward. I turned to the right, same thing, kept going forward. I started freaking out, because I realized I had never seen one of these things turn. I just kept freaking out - "HOW DOES IT TURN!!"
Knalus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Knalus For This Useful Post: