Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-16-2015, 10:25 PM   #1
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:
Default I had the weirdest dream.....

I have really messed up dreams, and I usually remember them in quite good detail. I tend to write the really weird ones down. Sometimes they are funny, sometimes they are absolutely terrifying. Sometimes they are incredibly detailed and complex. I even have lucid dreams where I realize I am dreaming, and can manipulate what's going on.

I'll start with one I had last night. I had a dream that my miniature dachshund, had somehow evolved into pure black hole material. She looked kinda like she normally looks, but instead of a black shiny appearance, she was this matte, light absorbing black. Things behind her were distorted because of the gravitational lensing effect. She was running around trying to get near people to play with them, but everything was being sucked into her and spaghettifying into her body. Hundreds of people had to have died. She looked real sad because she didn't understand what was going on. I was immune to the effects, and the SPCA made a special confinement house for us to live in so she didn't kill anymore people.

Anyway, I find dreams fascinating. Kinda liked some glitched, bizarre second life, where you get 'outside the map' of reality, and things are totally messed up.

What are some of your weird dreams?
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2015, 10:31 PM   #2
Aeneas
Franchise Player

Exp:

Last night I dreamt
Vancouver dressed up in the ocean
Last night I dreamt
Victoria drowned in the ocean

troutman will enjoy.
Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aeneas For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2015, 10:40 PM   #3
Cuz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Lucid dreaming rocks and for some reason, I always end up getting laid in them...
Cuz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cuz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2015, 10:45 PM   #4
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

A week after my father passed on I was awoken by a loud bang on my bedroom door. I quickly got up, looked around and found nothing and assumed I was dreaming. It wasn't until a few days later that I came to realise that my late father did the exact same thing in the morning when I spent a night at my parents place. A part of me thinks that my deceased father was sending me a message from the other side that he was okay and not to worry.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:10 PM   #5
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hate the dreams when you try to run and you feel like your muscles have no power.

Does anyone ever get the sensation when they're almost asleep where they feel gigantic in their bed?
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2015, 11:20 PM   #6
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
I hate the dreams when you try to run and you feel like your muscles have no power.

Does anyone ever get the sensation when they're almost asleep where they feel gigantic in their bed?
I just kinda levitate a couple feet off the ground, and float around in most my dreams. I just kinda lean the direction I want to go.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2015, 12:07 AM   #7
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

I walked into a NY Rangers - Calgary Flames Stanley cup final game in NY city and sat down to watch. I don't remember much of the game but as I left I looked up and saw an old girl friends mother in law sitting with another girl friend (who looks kind of like Anna Kendrick in the dream) and she looked down at me and I smiled and waved. Then I suddenly remembered that I left my luggage in the bathroom. I went there and everything but the bag was stolen AND I left my pants in the bag so I had no money, ID or pants. Also I don't remember who won.
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:13 AM   #8
GomerPile
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
I just kinda levitate a couple feet off the ground, and float around in most my dreams. I just kinda lean the direction I want to go.
That's not a dream good sir, thats LSD.
GomerPile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:24 AM   #9
Simon96Taco
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
I HATE that dream and I have it all the same time. Same applies if swimming or having to punch or kick to defend. ...such a helpless feeling.
Simon96Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:29 AM   #10
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Me too, I can kind of direct it. Sometimes I'll take a running start.
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:51 AM   #11
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I get sleep paralysis pretty frequently. It's not a really a dream and it really sucks.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2015, 01:00 AM   #12
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...t=Teeth+dreams
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 04:03 AM   #13
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Do you ever have those dreams that when you first wake up, the images from your dream are still there?

For example, a few weeks ago I had a dream that there was some mysterious ghost-like person following me. I turned around and started yelling at the person and was telling myself to wake-up but I couldn't wake up at first for a few seconds. My wife said I was grunting and breathing strangely before I woke up. When I did wake and opened my eyes, I could still see the person for a few seconds. I had to shake my head and really focus before the image faded away. It seems to happen to me once or twice a year where this sort of thing happens.

It used to happen to me more when I was a child. I remember being a small child and having terrifying conversations with the wood grain patterns on the walls in my bedroom. They would morph into faces and talk. Obviously I was in some sort of weird half wake / half sleep mode, but it would persist for some time back then.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:44 AM   #14
La Flames Fan
THE Chuck Storm

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
A week after my father passed on I was awoken by a loud bang on my bedroom door. I quickly got up, looked around and found nothing and assumed I was dreaming. It wasn't until a few days later that I came to realise that my late father did the exact same thing in the morning when I spent a night at my parents place. A part of me thinks that my deceased father was sending me a message from the other side that he was okay and not to worry.
There's also a thing called "Exploding Head Syndrome" - I've had it, apparently this is a real thing! Not that I'm saying that's what happened to you, but it reminds me of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome
Old 04-17-2015, 08:53 AM   #15
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I used to have these crazy dreams, where I would feel like I have to go to the washroom in the middle of the night. I'd get up and go to turn on a light but the light wouldn't turn on, I'd open the fridge and now light, I'd never think to look outside to see if the power was out. But I figured it was, I'd go to the washroom, and while I couldn't see it in the dark, I always felt like something was moving behind me.

I'd end up going back to bed, and I always remember looking up at the ceiling and seeing spikes just before I was shot out of my bed into the ceiling and I'd always wake up just before I slammed into the spikes.

Then there was another one where I was with two beautiful girls and they started cutting into me and pulling out my organs and showing them to me, then they leaned in and started cutting into my face.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:55 AM   #16
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I can lucid dream pretty well too. I find that the floating comes when you try to jump, since you have no concept of gravity in your dreams. I can leap full city blocks at a time and it's really neat.

I've learned a lot of tricks to lucid dreaming over the years. If I tell myself I'm going to have a lucid dream the day before, I usually do that night. I can also do certain things to trigger it while I'm asleep and dreaming.

-Open the page of a book. No words.
-Look at my watch. Then look at it again. Both times will be different.
-Turn on a light switch, nothing happens. Basically try using any electronic appliance and you'll see it doesn't work like it does in reality.
-Jump. You'll take huge strides like superman.

Once I'm fully lucid the fun begins. If you ever feel like your are waking up, in your dream never head towards the light. That's usually your eyes seeing daylight.

You can also continue dreams where you left off with a couple tricks.

-Never fully open your eyes, even when your are awake. Keep them closed.
-Picture yourself spinning like a top with your arms out. Your spinning and getting more and more dizzy. Then, tip over and faceplant and ''fall back'' into your dream environment. You might have to do it a couple times, but it always works for me. Nothing more annoying then being a cool dream and waking up.

I always remember my dreams and last night I dreamed of Sam Bennett (no homo). The night before, I dreamed I was being chased by the T1000 from Terminator. What an ordeal that was.

I still remember my oldest dream from when I was a child. I was flying through a forest full of snow and all these owls were watching me as I flew by.

Last edited by Huntingwhale; 04-17-2015 at 08:58 AM.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 09:00 AM   #17
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I used to have lucid dreams as a kid where I was an amnesiac with invisibility and super strength. I would wake up on a roof top with no memory, but with awesome powers. I'd have the dream every other night and it would always progress, never the same. It was like a cartoon series in my mind.

I've since wrote a 40,000 word manuscript based on it, but I don't have the dreams anymore. Probably because I'm imagining it during the day now when I write.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:01 AM   #18
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeneas View Post
Last night I dreamt
Vancouver dressed up in the ocean
Last night I dreamt
Victoria drowned in the ocean

troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 09:10 AM   #19
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Flames Fan View Post
There's also a thing called "Exploding Head Syndrome" - I've had it, apparently this is a real thing! Not that I'm saying that's what happened to you, but it reminds me of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome
I have had this occur a number of times. Always as I am just drifting off to sleep, it is like someone pops a balloon right in front of my face.
I'm then instantly wide awake, and can take quite a while to be able to drift back to sleep.

But it has happened so many times to me that I know exactly what is going on, so there isn't anything creepy or scary about it, just annoying.
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:00 AM   #20
EverfresH15
Scoring Winger

Exp:

[QUOTE=nik-;5248727]I hate the dreams when you try to run and you feel like your muscles have no power.

I have this dream all the time. I just keep trying to run faster and pump harder but cant get anything going. So frustrating.

Also, melatonin gives wicked dreams.
EverfresH15 is offline   Reply With Quote