Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2015, 04:10 PM   #81
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameswin View Post
Something still seems very fishy about how the police acted. When you really think about it a voluntary search road block makes zero sense. The only people who are going to accept a voluntary search of their vehicle is people who have not just stolen something from the area.

"Sir, can we see inside your trunk?"

"Go right ahead officer"

"Found it!!"

"****, I should have said no to this voluntary search, but instead I said yes, and now I'm busted!!"
My guess is, it is more a mental test. If all of a sudden some dude gets ultra squirrelly and suspicious acting, they would do what they needed to do to get a warrant based on that behaviour. Someone calmly saying "I'm not comfortable with the search." Doesn't mean guilt, it could mean he has a load of inventory for his "Butt plugs R Us" website in his trunk.

I think it is more to gauge the reaction to the request, than fulfilling the request itself. Of course the gun stealer isn't gonna just "Welp, looks like you gots me."
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2015, 05:27 PM   #82
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

The CPS just tweeted this...

Spoiler!

Looking for a witness who may have had their vehicle blocked by the suspects while exiting the parking lot.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:23 PM   #83
Madman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ian Campbell @news_ian
Police say they have recovered stolen rifle - taken from vehicle of an officer at a NW restaurant on April 4th,. No charges laid yet #yyc
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Madman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2015, 03:38 PM   #84
jar_e
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, this doesn't get any better....

http://newsroom.calgary.ca/news/seek...-cps-notebooks

Quote:
On Saturday, April 4, 2015, an off-duty police officer was the victim of a car prowling, which included the theft of a police-issue patrol rifle, as well as notebooks used by the member to record details of the officer’s on-duty interactions with the public.

The rifle and its case were recovered, however, the notebooks remain unaccounted for. Anyone with information about the whereabouts of the notebooks or the theft, is asked to contact police.

The Service is currently working to determine what information may have been contained in the notebooks. We are currently in the process of notifying between 350 to 400 people regarding a possible breach of their personal information.

Details in the notebooks could include dates of birth, home addresses and driver’s licence numbers, among other personal information. We are taking the following steps to ensure those impacted can take precautions against identity theft and fraud.

Anyone who had contact with the officer and whose information may have been breached is receiving a letter from the Service in the coming weeks, advising them of the situation and the steps that are being taken.
jar_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 03:54 PM   #85
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

They can't even handle car keys yet we let them handle guns?
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:12 PM   #86
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

If I learned one thing from Better Call Saul, it's that notebooks don't just disappear.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:32 PM   #87
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

The thought of cops eating at the Crowfoot Denny's make me "sick" in the stomach....
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:57 PM   #88
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

I found this part interesting...

Reid Southwick (@ReidSouthwick) May 11, 2015
police said the missing notebooks helped them find the stolen rifle, which was lifted from the same vehicle April 4. Won't say how.

"You ain't gotta like me. You're just mad 'cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be."
united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:37 PM   #89
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe cops should take a new notebook or notepad with them every day? How many months(or years?) of data was in there?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:48 PM   #90
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Maybe cops should take a new notebook or notepad with them every day? How many months(or years?) of data was in there?
?? Not much of a notebook if you can't go back and read your notes...?

This whole thing sounds fishy to me. Either that, or this cop is pretty stupid and careless.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post: