Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Contests, Drafts, Trivia and Images
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2016, 01:46 PM   #261
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I'd argue that the Scott/Jason move was a good one by him, he recognized that he was the third wheel in that relationship and did something about it.
Yeah... but what he did was make a move from where he was the third person in a three person alliance that he'd easily win the jury vote to where he's the fourth person in a four person alliance where he'll easily lose at final TC.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:06 PM   #262
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just got caught up on the last 2 weeks, good to see dbag Scott hit the benches where he belongs. Loved the stink eye he was giving at tribal, what a goof.

Gotta give respect to Aubrey, she has some great instincts. I didn't think much of Cydney's game at first be she's impressing me too, she knows when to stick with the numbers and when to make a move. She's mostly stayed out of the drama also, I think she has a real shot but unless she manages to drag Jason along she'll go into the final with a 2 vote disadvantage.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jacks For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2016, 12:03 AM   #263
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
Yeah... but what he did was make a move from where he was the third person in a three person alliance that he'd easily win the jury vote to where he's the fourth person in a four person alliance where he'll easily lose at final TC.
But as shown in the episode Scott was voted out, they realized he would win against them and would have preferred taking Julia (and by extension probably Michelle) along for the ride. And not only did his Scott-Jason alliance intend to get him out, the only way that the alliance gets numbers is if Julia (potentially Michelle) jump ship, which means Tai's on the bottom of a 4/5 person alliance without an idol anyways. If Julia and Michelle stay course, then the rest of the tribe picks off Jason, Scott and Tai without any idols.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2016, 11:36 PM   #264
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Survivor Ponderosa Video for Scot Pollard.

He lost 46 pounds out there in less than 30 days.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:00 PM   #265
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tai is kind of a dick. He acts like his crap don't stink and treats everyone pretty horribly, and is clearly totally unreliable and has zero sense of loyalty.

Anyway, I figured one of mine was going home tonight, but I had hoped they would have clued in by now that Tai needed to go with all his advantages. But how he acted this episode and next week's prview? Maybe he won't have any friends on the jury. Hope he doesn't win.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:56 PM   #266
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

It looks to me like Tai flushed his game down the toilet for no reason whatsoever, really. His alliance always was going to get rid of Jason and Michele, just in that order. In trying to force the order change, all he did was rile his alliance up. Not very smart. Though, this will likely make for some interesting Councils going forward.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2016, 10:03 PM   #267
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

I liked tonight's immunity challenge. That was exciting from start to finish.

Tai had the right idea with wanting to get Michele out, but he came off so poorly and she did a great job exposing his lies. It looks like the jury is pretty upset with Tai and I don't think his chances look that great in the finals. On the other hand, I could see Michele beating anyone except Aubry in the finals. She's very likable.

I think this is a bad move for Aubry and Joe, they've now upset Tai and I can see him going with Michele and Cydney for the next vote. He's definitely playing his idol and I think he'll get rid of Aubry, his biggest threat.

I love Mark the Chicken. He's the real star of the show.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:22 PM   #268
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Tai went from a guy that could have shown well in front of the jury to the no way he wins with the jury, he utterly poisoned himself tonight, and for sure Scott, Jason, won't vote for him at all, and you could see the others thinking the same way.

Joe is utterly useless in the game, he's weak in challenges, he hasn't even started playing any kind of game at all.

Right now, they have to either get Tai out or get his idol out of the game and then gun him the week after.

Surprisingly to me, Aubry is in a good spot because she still has the respect of the players, and she seperated herself from Tai tonight.

With 5 players left, Michelle would be stupid to do anything but try to form a girls alliance with Aubry and Cyndy, then next week they force Tai to play his idol while gunning out Joe. Then gun Tai going into the final 3.

Anything else is dumb.

That immunity challenges was absolutely crazy, and probably one of my favorites so far in survivor.

On top of that I gained a lot of respect for Jason over the last couple of weeks because he was big effort in the challenges, he was playing the game, and he was entertaining.

Oh and if I was playing and could get Tai out to the jury, the next episode I'd have everyone showing up at tribal chewing on a chicken part.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2016, 01:25 AM   #269
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Does anyone else think that Joe looks like he's literally deflated over the course of the season? Where did his muscle mass go?
Old 05-05-2016, 08:37 AM   #270
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegypticus View Post
Does anyone else think that Joe looks like he's literally deflated over the course of the season? Where did his muscle mass go?
Even though Survivor is kind of a fake reality show in that these people are never put in real jeopardy, its gotten a lot less ruthless in the past.

I still remember one season where a team completely mismanaged their food situation and weren't eating because they couldn't catch fish. Jeff showed up with a bag of beans I think and told them that they could have the food, but Jeff would take their tarp and blankets and other luxury items with him and reduce their shelter back to a really crappy shelter.

While they don't do that kind of thing anymore, and they probably have someone there to make sure that these people are at least eating properly so they don't get sick, I'm sure that Joe's calories and other intakes have dropped through the floor. The guy is probably also a protein and supplements dude and he's not getting those either.

Or maybe he went on the gas to get an advantage on the show.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:07 AM   #271
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

This show drives me nuts sometimes.

The point of the game is to win. I hate how people get all offended when you "turn" on your alliance to, you know, get to the end of the game and win.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2016, 09:18 AM   #272
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
This show drives me nuts sometimes.

The point of the game is to win. I hate how people get all offended when you "turn" on your alliance to, you know, get to the end of the game and win.
I really used to be that way as well. But when your playing a game against humans that betrayal is still going to sting, and even if you know deep down that it was probably a good move because you were either a big threat to win or a jerk, you still have to remember that at some point the game's power switches from the players to the jury so you have to have the social game down.

We saw Russell who was a brilliant and ruthless player, except that he was also vindictive and socially stupid and it cost him.

I mean personally, I don't think that Jason is going to be all that bitter about Tai's screw job against Scott, it was a solid move because Scott and Jason misjudged the social aspect of the game and made Tai realize that he was going to be on the outs.

But at this point, Tai's strategy may have been sound, but the way he presented to the jury was outright stupid.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:20 AM   #273
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Still bothers me. Technically in my mind if Tai gets to the finals he played the best game. But will lose to someone who really didn't do anything haha.

Maybe I just over think this.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:24 AM   #274
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Still bothers me. Technically in my mind if Tai gets to the finals he played the best game. But will lose to someone who really didn't do anything haha.

No I get what you're saying, but the brilliance of the game is the money that you can win, because it makes it so you can't go completely ruthless to win it. Because when you back stab someone you not only have to betray their trust, but you screw them out of a life changing amount of money and that stings.

If this was like a Canadian Game show from the 70's where you're playing for $50.00 and a years supply of babysoft dish soap, then the game would strictly be an affair of people either winning challenges or by people completely and ruthlessly playing the game with no social aspect at all.

You almost have to find the way to play the game ruthlessly while making a person feel good about being blindsided, and that velvet glove approach to killing never works.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:54 AM   #275
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Playing the best game isn't just getting to the end, its getting to the end without pissing people off. Ya you have to turn on your alliance, but there is a certain way you can do it and with respect. The way Tai was talking to Michelle last night was with zero respect. He went from being super likeable to public enemy, maybe his true colors are showing now.

Glad it is down to these 5 now and I can watch them turn on each other and implode, at this point I hope Aubry wins.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:48 AM   #276
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I don't know what it is, but the jungle life seems to really agree with Aubry.

Old 05-05-2016, 11:14 AM   #277
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Ha my wife said the same thing last night, she looks way better now that she's lost some weight got a bit of a tan going.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:35 PM   #278
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I just think she's got an amazingly expressive face. The look on her face when Tai asked her if she should play her idol was so good. She's a girl that can't or shouldn't play poker.

Old 05-05-2016, 01:09 PM   #279
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The Ponderosa video for Jason was very good, and probably must see for Survivor fans.

He was basically cut off from the tribe for the last three days, they were afraid that he was too good at manipulating.

The Bromance between Scott and Jason at the Ponderosa made the more likable, they're actually funny dudes.

The story at the end about Jason's dad and their link to survivor was a bit heart wrenching.

I will fully admit that earlier in the season I saw Jason as a lunk head muscle guy, but I think I was wrong about him.

Old 05-05-2016, 06:51 PM   #280
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I don't know what it is, but the jungle life seems to really agree with Aubry.
I think almost everyone looks better on the island. I agree it's been more noticeable with Aubry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
The Ponderosa video for Jason was very good, and probably must see for Survivor fans.

He was basically cut off from the tribe for the last three days, they were afraid that he was too good at manipulating.

The Bromance between Scott and Jason at the Ponderosa made the more likable, they're actually funny dudes.

The story at the end about Jason's dad and their link to survivor was a bit heart wrenching.

I will fully admit that earlier in the season I saw Jason as a lunk head muscle guy, but I think I was wrong about him.
Scot surprising Jason in a wrestling mask and a speedo was hilarious.

Quote:

I don't know about that. He's made big moves but has also shown that he isn't a great strategic player either. He was out of the loop last night and has made slip ups about the idol a few episodes back when he was still allied with the guys. He hasn't played a great social game either. Came across as too much of dictator trying to control the vote last night and he gets very defensive and comes across as an obvious liar when someone like Michele calls him out on his lies. I love lies and deception in the game, but you have to be smooth about it and he hasn't.

Honestly if it were him and Michele in the final two I can see her winning it because she's played a great social game, solid challenge game, and hasn't made any glaring strategic mistakes. I think anyone who wins the game is deserving, it wouldn't be any different with her. On the other hand, if Tai got the jury to vote for him despite his many screw-ups he would be deserving as well.