Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2024, 01:47 PM   #1841
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well Spurs certainly aren't laying down, yet. City looking really poor certainly helps.
Old 05-14-2024, 01:57 PM   #1842
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is also such a bizarre atmosphere, feels like a charity match. Spurs scoring and having their fans boo would be something else. Also wonder what happens if we get to 90 and it's still tied. Do Spurs lay down then, as a draw does nothing for them?
Old 05-14-2024, 01:59 PM   #1843
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Feels very Spurs watching them celebrating every block like they've just won the league in a game to hand Arsenal the title. Feels like a club that just blasts its own toes off so often. Though it's a tough spot to be in and people would probably be unhappy no matter what

Can't expect the players to lie down but there's no way I'd be happy seeing the flames play a full strength lineup in a game like this midweek. Would have been very easy to rest starters and play reserves.

I know in theory if they win and both games go perfectly next weekend there's a small chance they could still get past villa, maybe I am too petty but I'd rather see the Oilers lose a cup than the flames win a game like this for positioning even with a CL spot in the balance. They'll be taunted by Arsenal fans for years if they help them to a title.

Though clearly Slava as a Spurs fan you don't seem too bothered so maybe I'm completely offside and the fanbase just simply don't have the same level of hate for the Gunners that I do for the grease
Matty81 is online now   Reply With Quote