Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 02:09 PM   #5541
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pockets that are *just* wide enough so that a cellphone can shimmy itself onto its long edge, and require having to invert the pocket and remove everything else in order to get it out.
Old 08-03-2014, 02:11 PM   #5542
indes
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydorn View Post
Uuug, been there, done that. Not fun. Year and 1/2 after and I still have some residual pain in that shoulder.
Acupuncture. Had a friend who had 8! Shoulder separations over 4 years and was recommended surgery. He wanted to try alternative medicine first, 2 sessions of acupuncture and all his pain was gone. He hasn't had it re separate for 9 years now.
Old 08-03-2014, 02:12 PM   #5543
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
Please. It's truly multicultural crap driving.
That's true. It's not only mainland Chinese that go there, but Filipinos, Thai, Vietnamese, Koreans, Japanese....
Old 08-03-2014, 02:27 PM   #5544
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

For a less racisty parking lot GG, I think Lina's lot is horrible. They need to tear down that restaurant next door and add parking, or get rid of the street parking permit system in that area.
Old 08-03-2014, 02:31 PM   #5545
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Days where you don't even know why you got out of bed rgmg.
The Following User Says Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2014, 02:47 PM   #5546
keratosis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

fyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
Sunday's, when you have to get out of bed rgmg.
Old 08-03-2014, 02:54 PM   #5547
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

No, that's not right.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:03 PM   #5548
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
For a less racisty parking lot GG, I think Lina's lot is horrible. They need to tear down that restaurant next door and add parking, or get rid of the street parking permit system in that area.
Veiled racism? Racisty post? You know who shops at T&T and everything else in that area? Everyone of all types. Gotta say, I'm less than impressed by the trend on this forum to throw the racist card at the drop of a hat.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:15 PM   #5549
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Veiled racism? Racisty post? You know who shops at T&T and everything else in that area? Everyone of all types. Gotta say, I'm less than impressed by the trend on this forum to throw the racist card at the drop of a hat.
Haha, c'mon on now. Everyone knows the largest clientele of T&T. You can argue you had no racial intents in your post, but you can't sit there with a straight face and tell Calgarians that the T&T doesn't have a certain clientele compared to say Southcentre mall.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:21 PM   #5550
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameswin View Post
Haha, c'mon on now. Everyone knows the largest clientele of T&T. You can argue you had no racial intents in your post, but you can't sit there with a straight face and tell Calgarians that the T&T doesn't have a certain clientele compared to say Southcentre mall.
Where in my posts did I mention percentages or amounts of patrons? I've lived in this neighbourhood for about 9 years and shop in T&T routinely. Yes there are more Asian ethnicity patrons than non-Asian, but it is nowhere near exclusive. #### me.

Edit: I am referring to the general shopping complex there too. T&T is the biggest sure, but there is all sorts of other stuff in there and I maintain that it (the shopping complex) is purely multicultural in patronage. I'm in there almost every single day.

Last edited by Kybosh; 08-03-2014 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:25 PM   #5551
keratosis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
No, that's not right.
Yup, just checked. I am indeed correct.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:26 PM   #5552
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Where in my posts did I mention percentages or amounts of patrons? I've lived in this neighbourhood for about 9 years and shop in T&T routinely. Yes there are more Asian ethnicity patrons than non-Asian, but it is nowhere near exclusive. #### me.
Well, all I'm saying is just call a spade a spade. You specifically mentioned T&T, we all know why the parking lot is a disaster there. There isn't much point in saying there's all types of people there, imo.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:31 PM   #5553
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Well, all I'm saying is just call a spade a spade. You specifically mentioned T&T, we all know why the parking lot is a disaster there. There isn't much point in saying there's all types of people there, imo.
I honestly don't know what you're talking about. My very first post referred to the entire shopping complex with the T&T as the clear geographical marker for context. If everyone knows the parking lot is a disaster, why am I suddenly the racist?
Old 08-03-2014, 03:43 PM   #5554
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well, all I'm saying is just call a spade a spade. You specifically mentioned T&T, we all know why the parking lot is a disaster there. .

And why is it a disaster?
Old 08-03-2014, 03:55 PM   #5555
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
I honestly don't know what you're talking about. My very first post referred to the entire shopping complex with the T&T as the clear geographical marker for context. If everyone knows the parking lot is a disaster, why am I suddenly the racist?
Haha, sorry I'm sounding like more of an accusing A hole than I mean to be. I'm just saying, say what we're all thinking!!!
Old 08-03-2014, 05:05 PM   #5556
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keratosis View Post
Just checked, and I see my error now. Please forgive me.
fyp
Old 08-04-2014, 04:56 PM   #5557
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

The people who are inferring that the T&T shopping center parking lot is a disaster because of a high population of immigrants are the racists.

Observing a situation and reporting it is not racist. Drawing conclusions based on your own opinion of its clientelle and their driving ability is.

It could just be poor parking lot design.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:31 PM   #5558
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think there is anything specifically wrong with the parking lot design. I think it has to do with the ease of which you can get obtain a driver's license and still manage to have to do a 20 point turn to back out of a parking stall.

I seriously think some of those "Canada's Worst Drivers" exercises should be part of drivers exams.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:55 PM   #5559
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
The people who are inferring that the T&T shopping center parking lot is a disaster because of a high population of immigrants are the racists.

Observing a situation and reporting it is not racist. Drawing conclusions based on your own opinion of its clientelle and their driving ability is.

It could just be poor parking lot design.
Been there? It's not the parking lot design lol.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:00 PM   #5560
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I don't think there is anything specifically wrong with the parking lot design. I think it has to do with the ease of which you can get obtain a driver's license and still manage to have to do a 20 point turn to back out of a parking stall.

I seriously think some of those "Canada's Worst Drivers" exercises should be part of drivers exams.
The first thing to fix with driver testing is for the government to take over.

Right now the driver training company gives the test so their is incentive to pass everyone regardless of performance. If you had to take a government run test or at least testers being randomly assigned from all driving schools then the incentive would be on training students to pass and there would be no disincentive to fail people.
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread