Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2013, 08:41 AM   #301
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

There was a play when the Flames were pressing in the 3rd period..... they kept the puck in at the point with Wideman a couple times The puck came free to the left point ....... Bouwmeester immediately backed up to the centre red line, giving the canucks time and space to start a rush which ended the Flame presure and started a Canucks rush and pressure.

There was also the play where Schroeder and Bouwmeester were battling off to kipper's right. Puck ended up in the slot for a primo scoring chance followed up with several more. This was in a 2-2 game. Bouwmeester did everything he could to be goat of the game and Kipper bailed him out.
ricardodw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ricardodw For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2013, 08:44 AM   #302
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

He did get someone off the puck last night by using the body. I guess asking nicely like he usually does just didn't work so he tried something new
Old 01-24-2013, 08:45 AM   #303
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring of Fire View Post
Hardest working Flame tonight from Fan 960: Jay Bouwmeester

They obviously read CP and bought into :

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
Ok - change of plans. Ian white caught a skate blade and left the game making Detroit more desperate, Philly hasnt won yet. These are the two teams most likely to take Boumeester. To encourage public sentiment for other fan bases to support this trade, this thread should be amended or closed so that a new one talking about how great Boumeester is. We have to pull out the spin machine into full gear, taking negatives and turning them into positives

I can see him finally getting a first star in a game after 3 years if the Calgary media buys in to this plan to get him some trade value.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ricardodw For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #304
foshizzle11
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

He actually battled in front of the net last night, he took Henrik down to the ice. I couldn't believe my eyes when it happened. Sportsnet even replayed it a couple times because they couldn't believe what they were seeing either. If he can get a little tougher, I will be excited about him again.
foshizzle11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #305
Teroy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Bouwmeester was better, not great. For the amount he gets paid he should be great not better.
Teroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #306
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bouwmeester has had plenty of games in the past few seasons where he's been great.

So he was better last night, that's wonderful, I want him to be good because he's a Flame FFS, but let's see him be great for a long stretch of games, and most importantly down the stretch when it matters most and the Flames are trying to earn a playoff spot.

Until he does that, color me unimpressed. He's got a long ways to go to prove to this fan he's nothing more than marshmellowy soft stick of warm butter that can skate. Especially after his body of work the last three seasons.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #307
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodw View Post
There was a play when the Flames were pressing in the 3rd period..... they kept the puck in at the point with Wideman a couple times The puck came free to the left point ....... Bouwmeester immediately backed up to the centre red line, giving the canucks time and space to start a rush which ended the Flame presure and started a Canucks rush and pressure.

There was also the play where Schroeder and Bouwmeester were battling off to kipper's right. Puck ended up in the slot for a primo scoring chance followed up with several more. This was in a 2-2 game. Bouwmeester did everything he could to be goat of the game and Kipper bailed him out.
1st play: I agree, Bouwmeester still backs up too much.

2nd play: you need to watch that play again, With about 1:30 left Bouwmeester hit Schroeder around the trapezoid line, they both fell and the puck squirted behind the net and eventually in front. Do you want Bouwmeester to be in the corner AND be in front of the net? Schroeder wasn't involved in that primo scoring chance so those two neutralized each other. It's up to Smith and the forwards to cover the rest. Unless you want Jay to cover all 5 guys.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #308
puckluck2
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post

2nd play: you need to watch that play again, With about 1:30 left Bouwmeester hit Schroeder around the trapezoid line, they both fell and the puck squirted behind the net and eventually in front. Do you want Bouwmeester to be in the corner AND be in front of the net? Schroeder wasn't involved in that primo scoring chance so those two neutralized each other. It's up to Smith and the forwards to cover the rest. Unless you want Jay to cover all 5 guys.
Amazing what people see when others don't.

Bouwmeester attempted to hit Schroeder and the smaller guy made a fool of him and Bouwmeester made an embarrassing attempt from the ice.

That play was pathetic on all parts by Bouwmeester and even the biggest Bouw fan should be able to admit it.
puckluck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to puckluck2 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #309
EddyBeers
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaitisIvanans41 View Post
Ivanans was hard to play against, so naturally he only got 2 games with the Flames
Awesome, this is the best post in the entire thread.
EddyBeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #310
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
What else would you expect from a player who plays the most minutes on a team with one of the worst even strength GF/GA ratio's in the league?
3rd most minutes on the team, not the most.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #311
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaitisIvanans41 View Post
Ivanans was hard to play against, so naturally he only got 2 games with the Flames
He was also difficult to play with
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #312
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bouwmeester was very good once the Canucks had the lead early in the game. He made some physical plays and showed emotion, I could not freakin believe it! However, once we had tied it up and started the 3rd the pressure to get that first win mounted and his game went south fast. He was simply horrible in the 3rd, back to being out of position, outmuscled, and going through the motions. The guy is brutal when the game is on the line, he needs to go.
dissentowner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #313
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post

If as d-man you commit to the corner you either come up with the puck or keep the puck in the corner or at least along theboards.

It is a total win (TKO) by a forward to get the puck to a teammate in the 4 foot area in front of the goalie while keeping a d-man in the corner.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #314
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

I thought they both fell down. So when another Canuck goes to get the loose puck, another Flames needs to get him.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:16 PM   #315
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
Ok - change of plans. Ian white caught a skate blade and left the game making Detroit more desperate, Philly hasnt won yet. These are the two teams most likely to take Boumeester. To encourage public sentiment for other fan bases to support this trade, this thread should be amended or closed so that a new one talking about how great Boumeester is. We have to pull out the spin machine into full gear, taking negatives and turning them into positives

I will begin:

Jay Bouwmeester is unflappable out there. He never lets his emotions take over or take a stupid penalty becausee he is hot under the collar.

Jay Bouwmeester has never got out of position by head hunting or trying to run a player through the Boards. He is reliable that way.
He got bloody knuckles once but it was when he fell down his steps and scrapped them on the wall trying to gain his balance. Still though, bloody knuckles.

Heavy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #316
BigRed
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Bouwmeester for Redden, straight up.
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:00 PM   #317
minnow
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I saw him go from his side of the ice to the other to bail out Gio....that was good. Honestly he had a decent game. Hope it keeps improving.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:57 AM   #318
TheGrimm
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Jack View Post
He got bloody knuckles once but it was when he fell down his steps and scrapped them on the wall trying to gain his balance. Still though, bloody knuckles.

LOL... Photographic evidence of scraped knuckes, I can't believe I haven't noticed this before!

Definitely adds to the intimidation factor.
TheGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:02 AM   #319
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think he got those bloody knuckles from punching Mickey Rourke. After all, he is the NHL Iron Man.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #320
ricosuave
Threadkiller

Exp:

I finally figured out why Bouwmeester plays so soft! Turns out he has back problems!

http://seinfeld.wikia.com/wiki/Hal_Kitzmiller

Last edited by ricosuave; 02-24-2013 at 09:48 AM.
ricosuave is offline   Reply With Quote