Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2011, 02:26 PM   #81
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Girl View Post
I thought New Girl was pretty good. I did think at times, she was a little much, but overall, it was good. I will be watching again. I liked the guys though, the Wayans kid was good as the ragey guy. Even the ######bag guy was funny.

Also enjoyed the Raising Hope premiere. "I made this kid with my wang!"
Raising Hope was hilarious last night. I'm happy it made it to a season two. I just wish the actresss who plays Sabrina didn't have that horrible new hair cut.

Tonight is the night I'm most looking forward to. Season premiere of Criminal Minds!

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #82
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Uhm, Big Break Ireland started on the golf channel last night.
Aside from that I have no idea what most of the other shows you guys are talking about are... and I have 4 tv's in a house with 3 people.
I saw a bit of new girl last night because I was trying to figure out who Zooey Deschannel is but she didn't look familiar, and the show sucked so I guess she goes back into my sounds familiar but have no clue who she is category. Plus I think she has a weird nose.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #83
Eastern Girl
Crushed

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post
Raising Hope was hilarious last night. I'm happy it made it to a season two. I just wish the actresss who plays Sabrina didn't have that horrible new hair cut.

Tonight is the night I'm most looking forward to. Season premiere of Criminal Minds!
I really enjoyed it last season too and I pretty much caught it by accident. It's really cute and silly and I love the dad. I was nervous because I wasn't hearing anything about it one way or the other so I wasn't sure it was going to get renewed. I hope it sticks around.

I agree about the haircut too. I thought at one point it was a wig. It's just too blunt a cut for her I think.

And I am hoping Criminal Minds can bounce back now that they seem to be righting the ship by bringing JJ back and getting rid of that annoying blond student chick. Never understood that move. Never understood why they got rid of JJ in the first place.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:25 PM   #84
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Hey does anyone know when Shoving Buddies premiers, I know it comes on after Cross armed Opposites and before slowly rotating black guy?

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:02 PM   #85
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Parks and Rec basically continuing on the last two seasons and coming out with an excellent episode
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2011, 11:09 PM   #86
Thrillingbroom
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Whitney has to be one of the worst shows ever. Awful story with awful actors.
Thrillingbroom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thrillingbroom For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2011, 11:26 PM   #87
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I like her cause she's cute, but she was actually really annoying me throughout that show.
Yeah, that's her MO pretty much all the time. The whole "look at me aren't, I just adorable" shtick is why i can't stand that woman....well that and the monotone tranny voice.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:41 PM   #88
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone else watch 'Person of Interest'? I thought it was pretty cool, managed to keep me interested to the end. The actors could've definitely loosened up a bit though... the characters were a little stale. If that's how they act every episode it'll get tired fast. Also, relied on the unrealistic "we can hear everything their cell phone hears!" plot device a little heavily.

But I enjoyed it! Definitely getting another watch next week.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:46 PM   #89
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I don't think any of the premieres that I've watched have screamed out that I need to keep watching them.

I watched the office tonight and Jim Pam and Dwight are annoying as hell. The only good part was the Planking stuff.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:49 PM   #90
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone catch this 'Person of Interest'

I watched it, it's alright. Basically a whodunnit with a Minority Report twist. I'll give it a few episodes for sure.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:01 AM   #91
Flaming Choy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_phaneuf View Post
Parks and Rec basically continuing on the last two seasons and coming out with an excellent episode
Best show of the day for me.
Flaming Choy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:35 AM   #92
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I may be late to the party with the new Monday shows, but 2 Broke Chicks is freaking awful. Kat Dennings couldn't get anymore annoying.

Playboy Club is another below 'meh' show. I never expected good things by any means, I just want Amber Heard on television every week and in that regard it succeeds. I also don't mind the lead actor, he has good charisma. Outside Amber and the guy though, it is pretty horrible, the plot is stupid and the writing is bad.

Hawaii Five-O was good, I like the show and was pretty stoked for this season after basically marathoning the entire first season in 2 days over the summer. The actors really make the show enjoyable and the production value is pretty good.

Looking forward to seeing Person of Interest tomorrow after work as well as all the comedy shows.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:59 AM   #93
red sky
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I actually liked the season premiere of The Office. I wasn't expecting much but I had a few good laughs. Andy: "Keep your chins up" *chuckles*
red sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:44 AM   #94
OilKiller
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Had New Girl PVR'd. Holy crap that was funny. I haven't laughed that much in a long time.
OilKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:59 AM   #95
fredr123
Franchise Player

Exp:

Did anyone watch Prime Suspect? For how much hype that show got over the summer, I can't imagine it was anything other than awful. It's never a good sign when your show is featured in such a large ad campaign.
fredr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:45 AM   #96
Chump
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Girl View Post
I thought New Girl was pretty good. I did think at times, she was a little much, but overall, it was good. I will be watching again. I liked the guys though, the Wayans kid was good as the ragey guy. Even the ######bag guy was funny.

Also enjoyed the Raising Hope premiere. "I made this kid with my wang!"
Yeah, I thought he was the best character. Unfortunately he leaves the show after episode 2.
Chump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:45 AM   #97
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

Parks & Rec > The Office > * > New Girl > Whitney

Kinda glad all these new shows suck... already watch enough TV haha.
rohara66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:03 AM   #98
Cowperson
CP Pontiff

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredr123 View Post
Did anyone watch Prime Suspect? For how much hype that show got over the summer, I can't imagine it was anything other than awful. It's never a good sign when your show is featured in such a large ad campaign.
You're pre-positioning yourself to expect the worst. That's a helluva way to go about it.

I thought it was pretty good . . . . but I've been a big fan of the real Prime Suspect with Helen Mirren and its not in the same class.

They're in danger of making the protaganist a little too tough though and had to throw in that crying/begging for affection scene to take the edge off and give her some vulnerability.

It looks like they'll have a single crime solved every week versus the Mirren Prime Suspect scenario of developing a scenario over multiple episodes.

I'll keep watching.

My DVR is full of new shows and I've got to weed through them all in the next few days.

Cowperson
Old 09-23-2011, 09:36 AM   #99
Eastern Girl
Crushed

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chump View Post
Yeah, I thought he was the best character. Unfortunately he leaves the show after episode 2.
Seriously? That sucks. Is it because he's on that other show, Happy Endings (I think is what it's called)? I was wondering if he would be doing both. Guess not. Bugger.

I read the description for the next episode and it said something about their old roommate moving back in, so I guess he will be replaced. That sucks. I liked him.

I have Person of Interest, Prime Suspect and Whitney taped. Don't really know why I bothered with Whitney, the ads for it looked stupid to me.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:00 AM   #100
fredr123
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowperson View Post
You're pre-positioning yourself to expect the worst. That's a helluva way to go about it.

I thought it was pretty good . . . . but I've been a big fan of the real Prime Suspect with Helen Mirren and its not in the same class.

They're in danger of making the protaganist a little too tough though and had to throw in that crying/begging for affection scene to take the edge off and give her some vulnerability.

It looks like they'll have a single crime solved every week versus the Mirren Prime Suspect scenario of developing a scenario over multiple episodes.

I'll keep watching.

My DVR is full of new shows and I've got to weed through them all in the next few days.

Cowperson
Too much advertising can turn people off from that product. I don't think I'm alone in my thinking. How many shows get advertised during the NBA finals ("She's the district attorney's daughter!") that end up flopping, for instance? Every year they seem to pick one show that gets a ton of promotion and with the possible exception of The Closer, they all seem to suck.

It works with products too, not just new shows. You know that Panago guy who used to be a construction worker and now, for some reason, is a chef? Hate that guy. I used to prefer Panago Pizza over others but now I think twice in large part because their ads drive me nuts. Same with those Telus commercials with animals. There are plenty of reasons to dislike Telus and their products, but those damn commercials are the icing on the cake.
fredr123 is offline   Reply With Quote