Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2011, 07:56 PM   #221
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
Did you watch it online? If so was it edited? Mine was they even blurred out the boobies and muted it during sex scenes. I tried watching multiple copies and it was the same for all of them.
download
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:05 PM   #222
Henry Fool
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggyformayor View Post
Totally agree. I'm quite dissapointed, I was expecting a lot more from this show.
Terra Nova is the biggest piece of crap I've watched in a long time. And I watched the new V. There is literally nothing good about this show. It's incredible.

Had to get that off my chest somehow. Seriously, I can deal with bullet-proof dinosaurs, but really at its core it's just the worst family show ever created. How can all the characters be so bland and so thoroughly irritating at the same time? It's madness! This shoudn't exist!

And the worst music ever!
Henry Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:17 PM   #223
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

I'm upset over the Playboy Club cancellation, I actually really liked the show. I didn't know where they'd go once they finished with the mob boss murder/disappearance, but I liked it.

I figured at worst the bunnies would get it a season, the show was worth it just for them!

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #224
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

Agree about Playboy Club being at minimum mildly interesting. And I think that Free Agents has been better that Up All Night, mainly due to UAN trying to shoehorn Maya Rudolph into every episode. Would be much better without her character.
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:02 PM   #225
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

So Playboy Club was cancelled? I could tell after the first 20 minutes of the pilot. Horrible show, that isn't to say I watched it and enjoyed a couple of the characters. But the plot was f***ing stupid.

Edit: I just noticed Whitney got a full season order. Now I know The Playboy Club and Whitney are two totally different shows, but The Playboy Club is The Wire compared to Whitney. WTF NBC you idiots. Who the hell finds Whitney funny, she is terrible. Genital warts are funnier than her.

Last edited by 3 Justin 3; 10-04-2011 at 10:06 PM.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:18 PM   #226
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
Anyone watch Homeland? I thought it had some promise. Plus it had boobies.
So, I found a way to watch the show, and you missed a very important fact in your post...It didn't just have boobies, it had Morena Baccarin's boobies.

Plus, it was an interesting show.

Last edited by getbak; 10-04-2011 at 10:28 PM.
getbak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to getbak For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 11:45 PM   #227
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Homeland episode 1 was very good. The 1st ten minutes I was thinking, this is not so great, seen it done before and probably better. But it picked up steam, and the acting/directing is excellent, will watch again.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:46 PM   #228
J epworth
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Fool View Post
Terra Nova is the biggest piece of crap I've watched in a long time. And I watched the new V. There is literally nothing good about this show. It's incredible.

Had to get that off my chest somehow. Seriously, I can deal with bullet-proof dinosaurs, but really at its core it's just the worst family show ever created. How can all the characters be so bland and so thoroughly irritating at the same time? It's madness! This shoudn't exist!

Jeez, I almost want to watch it just to see how bad it is... Is it at the point where it's so bad it's good?
J epworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:57 PM   #229
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

It isn't nearly as bad as they are making it out to be. Yes it can be predictable, but it is nice mindless entertainment after a long day at work.
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:32 AM   #230
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:

V at least redeemed intself with the final episode where humanity completely lost, and the annoying teenage character got his head bit off.

To me that gave V 2 stars out of 5

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:45 AM   #231
kdogg
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

I will second this. I'm not currently following any shows, and thought I could start out on this one.

The visuals look cheesy, the story moves at 1,000 mph, and the characters are uninteresting.

Last edited by kdogg; 10-05-2011 at 09:54 AM.
kdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:47 AM   #232
OilKiller
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

New Girl is definitely one of the best new shows. That third episode had me howling again. Good characters, good writing and just damn funny. That paired with Raising Hope makes for a great hour of comedy on Fox.
OilKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:07 AM   #233
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ugh, I was hoping Zooey Deschanel and her tranny voice and look-how-adorable-I-am act would be cancelled by now.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2011, 08:08 AM   #234
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
So, I found a way to watch the show, and you missed a very important fact in your post...It didn't just have boobies, it had Morena Baccarin's boobies.
I was debating where to include that detail, but decided to leave it a surprise. Clearly, I was wrong!
Old 10-05-2011, 08:15 AM   #235
OilKiller
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
Ugh, I was hoping Zooey Deschanel and her tranny voice and look-how-adorable-I-am act would be cancelled by now.
Boooooooooooooo...

Each to their own I suppose. I find it and her funny as hell.

As a side note, why would you hope for a show to be cancelled? You do have a remote to change channels with right?
OilKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:33 AM   #236
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilKiller View Post
As a side note, why would you hope for a show to be cancelled? You do have a remote to change channels with right?
I do but I don't have a remote to block out random commercials/promos with that woman. Believe me, I'm trying to stay as far away as possible.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #237
Old Yeller
First Line Centre

Exp:

My wife and I are finding New Girl funny right now... but we get it, the girl is quirky, tone it down already.
Old Yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:55 AM   #238
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

So anyone else getting excited about the George Harrison documentary starting tonight on HBO? Martin Scorsese and the Beatles....how this be anything but awesome.

George has always been my favorite Beatle, so personally, I can't wait.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:01 AM   #239
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilKiller View Post
New Girl is definitely one of the best new shows. That third episode had me howling again. Good characters, good writing and just damn funny. That paired with Raising Hope makes for a great hour of comedy on Fox.
I thought last night's episode was the best so far, think it has good potential
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:07 AM   #240
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Yeller View Post
My wife and I are finding New Girl funny right now... but we get it, the girl is quirky, tone it down already.
She won't. That's her schtick. It goes on and on.