Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-17-2017, 03:32 PM   #1461
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Familia View Post
I don't understand why there isn't an online or specialty channel like Netflix that basically has every movie ever made available?
How much would you be willing to spend, and how many other people would also be willing to spend that much? To have one service outbid everybody else for the rights to every movie would get expensive. Part of how Netflix works is that it is cheap enough that I don't even worry about justifying the cost. Now a few years later that's all that my son watches, so I couldn't just get rid of it. But at $10 per month I don't even notice it coming off my credit card. If it was $30-50 I would have to look at other options.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 04:36 PM   #1462
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
How much would you be willing to spend, and how many other people would also be willing to spend that much? To have one service outbid everybody else for the rights to every movie would get expensive. Part of how Netflix works is that it is cheap enough that I don't even worry about justifying the cost. Now a few years later that's all that my son watches, so I couldn't just get rid of it. But at $10 per month I don't even notice it coming off my credit card. If it was $30-50 I would have to look at other options.
If Netflix doubled the content it had, especially with current shows and movies, I don't think many people would blink an eye at $50 a month to cover the higher licensing fees for newer content.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 05:01 PM   #1463
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I also don't see why a service sold in Canada should have a tax exemption. Now, we shouldn't be making special taxes for them, but paying the GST and HST for them seems entirely reasonable. I'm actually kind of surprised they have dodged it so long.

Also, yes, a Netflix Subscriber, Shaw debtor and Amazon Prime sucker.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2017, 02:25 PM   #1464
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I guess Harper was right after all!
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:10 PM   #1465
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Used Netflix on my PS4 for the first time in nearly a month.

The obnoxious preview bull#### needs to #### right off. Autoplaying when I clicked on a title was moronic enough, this trailer while even just hovering is enough to make me straight up cancel it.

Seriously. Get your #### together morons. You don't need cheap tactics to get people to watch.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2017, 09:30 AM   #1466
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Used Netflix on my PS4 for the first time in nearly a month.

The obnoxious preview bull#### needs to #### right off. Autoplaying when I clicked on a title was moronic enough, this trailer while even just hovering is enough to make me straight up cancel it.

Seriously. Get your #### together morons. You don't need cheap tactics to get people to watch.
I have only used PS4 and AppleTV for access.

The Apple TV option is pretty slick.

PS4 option......well you know.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 12:11 PM   #1467
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

I used to use my PS3 for Netflix but I've recently started going through my Telus cable box. Works fairly well. Occasionally the sound will cut out if if fast forward or rewind too much, forcing me to stop and then restart the video. That's a problem with the cable box though, not Netflix.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Komskies For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2017, 12:15 PM   #1468
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I discovered a work around. I browse on my ipad then just play to PS4 through the netflix app. No more annoying previews and autoplay BS.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:13 PM   #1469
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any recommendations for a movie/show/documentary to download for my flight to Arizona tomorrow. Downloaded a few episodes of Van Helsing, but wondering if there's anything else worth while that I might not have seen
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:32 PM   #1470
jeffporfirio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
Any recommendations for a movie/show/documentary to download for my flight to Arizona tomorrow. Downloaded a few episodes of Van Helsing, but wondering if there's anything else worth while that I might not have seen
Just finished Cuba Libre on Netflix, pretty good imo.
jeffporfirio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 10:14 PM   #1471
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

New Bill Burr special kinda sucks, was prepared to be in stitches but other than a couple spots it wasn't good. The crowd in Nashville was a terrible choice for the material and it felt like a slow motion train wreck. He was way better on the last few specials and when I saw him live here in town.
burn_this_city is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2017, 03:49 PM   #1472
La Flames Fan
THE Chuck Storm

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
New Bill Burr special kinda sucks, was prepared to be in stitches but other than a couple spots it wasn't good. The crowd in Nashville was a terrible choice for the material and it felt like a slow motion train wreck. He was way better on the last few specials and when I saw him live here in town.
I watched it last night too...the one thing that struck me was the quality of production was TERRIBLE. The crowd wasn't mic'd - that may have been why the crowd sounded uninterested.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:51 PM   #1473
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Flames Fan View Post
I watched it last night too...the one thing that struck me was the quality of production was TERRIBLE. The crowd wasn't mic'd - that may have been why the crowd sounded uninterested.
The timing was terrible as well. Who does a special in the week before a ridiculous election? The whole politics part was crap because it wasn't current.

Felt like the crowd had totally pulled back a few times, might have been the mic, but I didn't see many people cracking up.
burn_this_city is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2017, 09:37 PM   #1474
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah it was pretty disappointing. Kind of felt like he was trying too hard to be edgy at times. Also, that gorilla bit was absolutely terrible.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 01:23 PM   #1475
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is there a limit to how many Netflix shows you can download on a device, and how much room does, say a 40 minute show take up? For example if I want to watch a season or two or Enterprise on a long haul flight is it even possible?
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 01:47 PM   #1476
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Is there a limit to how many Netflix shows you can download on a device, and how much room does, say a 40 minute show take up? For example if I want to watch a season or two or Enterprise on a long haul flight is it even possible?
A 40 minute episode of Enterprise increased the amount of storage Netflix was using on my iPhone by about 200MB according to IOS.

And yes depending on the licensing agreements Netflix has with the production companies, Netflix can/will limit the number of downloads you have. It doesn't appear to be anyway to find what the limit is or if you are close to it until you get the error message.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2017, 02:09 PM   #1477
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
A 40 minute episode of Enterprise increased the amount of storage Netflix was using on my iPhone by about 200MB according to IOS.

And yes depending on the licensing agreements Netflix has with the production companies, Netflix can/will limit the number of downloads you have. It doesn't appear to be anyway to find what the limit is or if you are close to it until you get the error message.
It should have tripled that as a penalty because that show sucked.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 02:11 PM   #1478
keratosis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Did get to see Jolene's butt.

Last edited by keratosis; 02-09-2017 at 02:18 PM.
keratosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 02:14 PM   #1479
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

New Joe Rogan is decent. Tom Segura is always good. The new Neal Brennan special is really good.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 02:14 PM   #1480
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I actually thought the Burr special was pretty good. It's tough because the last few specials have contained material he has used in shows at Calgary over the last couple years.

I found myself laughing more at this special than I did "I'm Sorry You Feel That Way".

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote