Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2017, 08:47 AM   #21
Badgers Nose
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think BT has to get GG some better materials to work with. The speciality team surge and better team team play for a month proved to me that GG has a good system. The problem seems to be getting the players to commit outside of about 6-7 guys.
Badgers Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Badgers Nose For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2017, 09:32 AM   #22
JTech780
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

First off it sucks to lose to Edmonton, but man there is a lot of over reaction going on here.

Secondly this team is poorly constructed. It is too slow and too small. I really like Monahan and Tkachuk and they were the right picks at the time, but man do they look slow on the ice. Brouwer was brought in for his size, but the guy moves like a slug out there.

All teams go through tough stretches during a season, with the compressed schedule this year it magnifies it.

Going with Johnson last night was clearly a mistake, but I don't blame GG for going back to him, because even I cringe every time Elliott is in net. Elliott is good for a bad goal in pretty much every game he has played this year.
JTech780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:50 AM   #23
Azhouse
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Don't friggin' trade Bennett.

The goalie search continues this off-season.

Tenured coach please.
Azhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:58 AM   #24
Phaneuf_Phan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Team toughness and pushback is sorely lacking. Trades needed. You would think this team is tough looking at the penalty stats. But when they play they are soft, don't finish hits, and don't get mad about losing. All we have is a lot of hooking and holding penalties. I guess the team decided that pushing back is a job for the 19 year old rookie. Tkachuk is the only bright spot for me this game - at least he showed heart. Everyone else collecting a pay cheque and checking out. Gio, where is your leadership on the ice?

Last edited by Phaneuf_Phan; 01-22-2017 at 10:28 AM.
Phaneuf_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 11:52 AM   #25
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Watching them play the last little while, I get the feeling that they are playing to get the coaches fired. Either that or they are imaging their coach, no emotion at all during games. I mean like, it's okay to yell at the ref once in a while if you think they mucked up a call, Glen.
midniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to midniteowl For This Useful Post: