Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2017, 04:42 PM   #21
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I know I am going to get ragdolled for this but I would be on board with trading Elliott for Yak. It isn't like Yak doesn't have the tools to be a high end RW threat and wouldn't it be glorious if he finally put it together with us.
I actually agree. It's obvious he struggles with confidence but he does have a great shot and if he ever figures it out he could be a nice second line winger. His effort is always there when I watch him and I think if we buy cheap I don't have a problem with giving him a chance.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 05:22 PM   #22
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
But the Hitchcock system... it makes all goalies amazing...
Hitch gets recognized as a defensive coach, but I think Brad Shaw was a big reason why the Blues were good defensively the past several years. I don't think it is a coincidence that the Blues losing Brad Shaw from the coaching staff has resulted in the Blues becoming one of the worst defensive teams in the league; and Shaw's new team, the Blue Jackets is now one of the best
Canada 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Canada 02 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2017, 05:26 PM   #23
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
I actually agree. It's obvious he struggles with confidence but he does have a great shot and if he ever figures it out he could be a nice second line winger. His effort is always there when I watch him and I think if we buy cheap I don't have a problem with giving him a chance.
He and his agent Larionov are whiny though. Last year Yakupov was cut from Russia world champ roster and Russian coach said that it was because of an injury. Both Yakupov and Larionov went to media saying that injury is fake and coach just didn't want him on the team. Larionov added that Yakupov "is an NHL player and should have been treated better".
Pointman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 05:36 PM   #24
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

This is why we should stay away from Yakupov. After being benched in St.Louis, he said in interview with Russian media:

"Learning? No, I am not learning. I am not at school anymore, I don't have to learn. Hockey isn't hard to understand. If you are not idiot, you understand how to play it"

Link (in Russian)

http://www.sport.ru/hockey/Nail_Yaku...article330112/
Pointman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pointman For This Useful Post: