Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #201
mdubz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudee View Post
Wouldn't it be a wiser move to wait until it's confirmed that Iggy signs with the Penguins off season before buying a Jersey???? No guarantee Penguins will sign him. There not a team who has a lot of extra cap space next year. And of the players they picked up at the trade deadline, I would say Iggy is the player least likely to be offered a contract next year. He's contributing, but he just doesn't look like he's an ideal fit for the Pens.
I think the point was so that people can cheer him on for this (hopefully) lengthy playoff run.
mdubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #202
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Have you guys not received your jerseys yet?
RedMileDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #203
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Mile-DJ View Post
Have you guys not received your jerseys yet?
Nope!! Starting to grow impatient on the River City's "promises"
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #204
CGY12
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Ya this is kind of getting ridiculous.
CGY12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #205
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I ordered on my own a day or two before this group buy went in because I'm not in Calgary. Definitely was counting on it being here by now but apparently not
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #206
casucks
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGY12 View Post
Ya this is kind of getting ridiculous.
Agreed
Old 05-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #207
bluck
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
I ordered on my own a day or two before this group buy went in because I'm not in Calgary. Definitely was counting on it being here by now but apparently not
You didn't get yours either and you ordered yours solo? I thought they were just screwing us over..
bluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #208
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just an FYI, I recently ordered a different custom jersey that was not a rush order and they had it done in 4 1/2 weeks. It's ridiculous that your order isn't done yet.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:46 PM   #209
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

For what it's worth this seems to be River City Sports' reputation online, great quality work... but slow, very slow.

Given the $3k+ you sent they're way it's ok to start being a bit of a PITA.
Regular_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:45 PM   #210
Iggy Snipe
Powerplay Quarterback

Location: Pengrowth Saddledome, Section 222, Row 23, Seat 14/15
Exp:

I am shocked there not done yet, but the wait will be worth it, at least we hope.
Iggy Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:53 PM   #211
bluck
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks View Post
Just an FYI, I recently ordered a different custom jersey that was not a rush order and they had it done in 4 1/2 weeks. It's ridiculous that your order isn't done yet.
We're pretty much getting to that mark, I submitted the order April 5th so over a month ago.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #212
casucks
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluck View Post
We're pretty much getting to that mark, I submitted the order April 5th so over a month ago.
I reckon a few of us maybe start calling them to enquire about this order? Not sure if that helps our cause or not? If nothing else it puts a few more voices/faces to the order and helps them realize how important their brand is and how this is negatively effecting their brand.

A month ago I told a few friends to order from them because of the great deal they gave us and now I am recanting my advice to them and telling them to stay away so they have lost at least 2 sales so far because of their lack of following through our "rush" order they charged us for.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #213
bluck
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by casucks View Post
I reckon a few of us maybe start calling them to enquire about this order? Not sure if that helps our cause or not? If nothing else it puts a few more voices/faces to the order and helps them realize how important their brand is and how this is negatively effecting their brand.

A month ago I told a few friends to order from them because of the great deal they gave us and now I am recanting my advice to them and telling them to stay away so they have lost at least 2 sales so far because of their lack of following through our "rush" order they charged us for.
By all means, the phone number is in the thread. I've tried to be as trasnparent as possible by keeping everyone updated as best I could and I really do want to apologize to you all for the situation we're in. I really hope we get them this week but I can only call/ask for updates so many times throughout the week. I'm sure if they had them ready I would get an email right away saying they have been shipped to Calgary, I feel they still haven't left the wearhouse where they are getting stitched... Terrible way to do business in my opinion.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #214
dubc80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

If it's any consolation to you guys, I ordered a customized jersey from River City on April 4th, and haven't received it yet either.
dubc80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #215
Iggy3x
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Feel bad for you guys. They should offer some in store credit or throw in a hat for everyone or something.
Iggy3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #216
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Bluck, it is definitely not your fault. Actually you did a great job in organizing the group order and you had to go through all the hassles as well. Anyways, I really think you should negotiate a cash back with them due to their incompetency and making you look bad in "disappointing" a bunch of us.
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #217
flamesfan55
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

He will sign somewhere else by the time you guys get your jersey's
flamesfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #218
Hugh Jahrmes
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Ordered mine bit before the group order was placed, had it for a long time already.. Heads must roll here, would be unfortunate if they weren't here by the time Pitts is eliminated.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #219
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

So I just called River City to ask why my jersey was taking so long and they said that there was a problem with my credit card. No phone call or e-mail or anything to let me know, not impressed at all with their service. Now it will probably be another 4 weeks at least to make the jersey. Pretty sure I'm just going to cancel and maybe get one for next season. Pretty bush league operation they are running there.
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #220
bluck
First Line Centre

Exp:

Can someone help me find a contact email for someone above the level of customer service at River City? I don't mind drafting a letter and linking it to this thread because it is their online reputation that is suffering the most and hence future business. I agree that they should make this right by either offering us some type of product such as a hat or even cash back. We did have the option to go with a different retailer and in hindsight it appears we should have. The only contact I can find on the website is order@rivercitysports.com Can someone help me out

Last edited by bluck; 05-07-2013 at 01:16 PM.