Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #1261
Addick
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Just yesterday, with Arsenal closing the gap to one point I was wondering what Hazard The Whore might be thinking. Believing that the Spurs would cruise to a third place finished he 'Presented' himself but with Arsenal and even Chelsea having revivals it looks as though he may have shot himself in the foot. Oh no, like any good Gold-digger he just retreats to the safe bet...

Quote:
Hazard 'Excited' By Man Utd Link

13 March 2012

Soccernet.com

Lille midfielder Eden Hazard, who looks set for a move to the Premier League this summer, has hinted that Manchester United would be his preferred destination.

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson was in the stands to watch the 21-year-old at the weekend as Lille went down 2-1 against Lyon, fuelling speculation the Scot could launch a bid in the coming months.

Complete Article
“Such suburban models are being rationalized as ‘what people want,’ when in fact they are simply what is most expedient to produce. The truth is that what people want is a decent place to live, not just a suburban version of a decent place to live.”

- Roberta Brandes Gratz
Old 03-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #1262
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Phillipe Auclair still says Hazard's personal preference is Spurs

but it's all going to depend on Lille, I am sure all things being considered if everyone met the asking price they may choose Spurs offer because of his preference, but if United or Arsenal offer the most money he will end up there

it's a bidding war
Old 03-13-2012, 03:52 PM   #1263
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stevie with the hattrick over Everton.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 03-13-2012, 10:56 PM   #1264
Mightyfire89
And I Don't Care...

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Stevie with the hattrick over Everton.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:56 AM   #1265
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

bold move by Moyes with the lineup

if they win the cup game this weekend and it ends in a trip to wembley its smart
Old 03-14-2012, 01:12 PM   #1266
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Free Berba! Or some such nonsense, anyways, looks like Utd dont want him.

Quote:
Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed Manchester United's record signing Dimitar Berbatov is set to leave Old Trafford in the summer.

Berbatov, who cost £30.75 million from Tottenham in 2008, has found first-team places difficult to come by since being left out of the United squad for last season's Champions League final defeat to Barcelona.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...d-exit?cc=5901

And....the Premier League President is crazy. As in 'lost his marbles' crazy.

Quote:
The former Sheffield Wednesday chairman (Premier League Chairman Dave Richards) is also a member of the Football Association's board and reportedly fell in a hotel pool shortly after making his comments, which are sure to attract international attention.

"England gave the world football. It gave the best legacy anyone could give. We gave them the game," said Richards. "For 50 years, we owned the game. We were the governance of the game. We wrote the rules, designed the pitches and everything else.

"Then, 50 years later, some guy came along and said you're liars and they actually stole it. It was called FIFA. Fifty years later, another gang came along called UEFA and stole a bit more."

"It started in Sheffield 150 years ago. We started the game and wrote the rules and took it the world. The Chinese may say they own it but the British own it and we gave it to the rest of the world."

The Premier League immediately disassociated themselves with Richards' comments saying: "Sir Dave is attending the conference in a private and personal capacity; his comments in no way reflect the views of the Premier League."
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...nglish?cc=5901

Did you give it to the world Dave, or did they steal it? You go Dave, you shine on you crazy diamond. Watch out for the deep end.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 03-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #1267
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Free Berba! Or some such nonsense, anyways, looks like Utd dont want him.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...d-exit?cc=5901

And....the Premier League President is crazy. As in 'lost his marbles' crazy.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...nglish?cc=5901

Did you give it to the world Dave, or did they steal it? You go Dave, you shine on you crazy diamond. Watch out for the deep end.
One too many gin and tonics I think.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #1268
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
One too many gin and tonics I think.
The fact that he fell into a pool afterwards really seals the deal for me.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:37 PM   #1269
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The fact that he fell into a pool afterwards really seals the deal for me.
You know, it's not like the English are the only ones who get drunk and obnoxious, they're just incredibly spectactular at it.
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #1270
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addick View Post
Just yesterday, with Arsenal closing the gap to one point I was wondering what Hazard The Whore might be thinking. Believing that the Spurs would cruise to a third place finished he 'Presented' himself but with Arsenal and even Chelsea having revivals it looks as though he may have shot himself in the foot. Oh no, like any good Gold-digger he just retreats to the safe bet...
I hope to god that whore only turns up to the Emirates once a season.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #1271
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
You know, it's not like the English are the only ones who get drunk and obnoxious, they're just incredibly spectactular at it.
I know that, but you have to admit that this is hilarious. This is your typical drunken British Uncle.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #1272
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I know that, but you have to admit that this is hilarious. This is your typical drunken British Uncle.
Oh I fully agree. It reminds of the Brits who get plastered and go off on the "You know we used to rule the world/Bloody savages" tirades.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:52 PM   #1273
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Two thirds of Premier League managers believe Manchester City will win the title this season, a League Managers' Association survey has revealed. However, three-quarters of the 20 managers polled say that Tottenham are the most entertaining side to watch in England's top flight.

Brendan Rodgers won the backing of his peers as the most impressive manager.
The Swansea boss took 47% of the vote after guiding the Swans to 11th place with 10 games of the season to go. Another manager who was working in the Championship last season, Norwich City's Paul Lambert, took 40% of the vote.

Another manager who was working in the Championship last season, Norwich City's Paul Lambert, took 40% of the vote.

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini and Blackburn counterpart Steve Kean were the only other managers to receive any votes.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17368569

Wonder when this poll was conducted. No love for O'Neill?

Old 03-15-2012, 08:16 AM   #1274
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sky has a video of the Premier League Chairman stumbling into the pool! Its not really a pool, its a 'water feature' video and article here:

http://news.sky.com/home/strange-news/article/16189080

Quote:
After accusing Fifa and Uefa of stealing football from the English and mocking his Qatari hosts' restrictions on selling alcohol, the head of the Premier League fell into a "water feature".

Sir Dave also questioned the lack of availability of alcohol in Qatar, which won the bid for the 2022 World Cup after arguing it was time for football to move beyond traditional markets.

Alcohol is only sold in some five-star hotels in Qatar, and Sir Dave noted that the English and Germans "like to go for a pint and that pint is a pint of beer".

"It is our culture as much as your culture is not drinking," he said, warning Qatar not to "bury your head in the sand on the issue" because it could put fans off from attending the World Cup.
Now, I agree with Sir Dave, Qatari restrictions on alcohol at a World Cup event is a serious concern over people travelling there.

I dont agree with Sir Dave that the best way to demonstrate a 'drinking culture' is to get fall down drunk, rave about British glory (inexplicably implicate the Germans?) and then fall into the pool.

One of the things that people have to be really concerned about this World Cup is this; Sir Dave is one of the lucky ones, hes a recognizeable figure, any regular joe caught doing that would probably never be seen or heard from again.

Old 03-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #1275
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Redknapp also revealed Levy has promised to spend big this summer in an effort to convince him to turn down the England job.
Other than Hazard, Redknapp wants Marseille striker Loic Remy and Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen in a summer spree that could cost £60m. Tottenham will also enquire about Arsenal winger Theo Walcott.

“Hazard’s a player on our list,” said Redknapp, whose team face Bolton in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup today. “He’s a player we like. It’s one the chairman will deal with and he will tell you if we are close or a million miles away.
“I watched him last year about three times and I’ve watched him this year a couple of times. I do like him, he’s a good lad. For sure, he’s on our list. There are other clubs in for him, Manchester United as well.”

“Hazard would cost a lot, but Daniel would compete at that level,” said Redknapp. “We haven’t spent this money before, but now you have to keep pushing on and the club would do the deal if we come up with the right targets.
“Of course, that is attractive to me as well. It’s good we can compete for top players. That’s what we want. The chairman is ambitious, we all are.”
I like that Remy, Hazard, and Vertonghen are targets

the Theo thing is out of left field, it's a story from a guy who usually covers Arsenal as well which is weird
Old 03-17-2012, 04:38 AM   #1276
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Theo thing is not that far out of left field - though it is in that general vicinity. 'Arry was his Manager in Southampton, and no doubt he considered Theo a triffic lad.

Last edited by Barnet Flame; 03-17-2012 at 04:41 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #1277
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just don't see him being sold to Spurs

I imagine his time at Arsenal is running short, Gervinho and Oxlade-Chamberlain will be ahead of him in the pecking order next season, Miyaichi probably not far behind either

Even Podolski will play outside if RVP stays

I do think he gets sold this summer or next
Old 03-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #1278
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_phaneuf View Post
I just don't see him being sold to Spurs

I imagine his time at Arsenal is running short, Gervinho and Oxlade-Chamberlain will be ahead of him in the pecking order next season, Miyaichi probably not far behind either

Even Podolski will play outside if RVP stays

I do think he gets sold this summer or next
Quote:
Doubts have emerged over the expected transfer of Lukas Podolski to Arsenal, with the player revealing he would be tempted by a move to Lazio.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...l-move?cc=5901

I dont see Walcott being sold to Spurs, do you really want Walcott and Lennon on the same team? Arent they effectively the same player? Not to mention, I thought Walcott was having a good season, at the beginning of the season Walcott-to-Van Persie was all Arsenal had.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #1279
Cactus Jack
First Line Centre

Exp:

Slaughter of the wolves
Old 03-18-2012, 10:00 AM   #1280
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack View Post
Slaughter of the wolves

Closed Thread