Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-22-2017, 12:45 PM   #481
Clarkey
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

MOD EDIT: Over the line.

Last edited by KootenayFlamesFan; 01-22-2017 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-22-2017, 12:50 PM   #482
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

A polite reminder to not indulge those that would seek to move the discussion from the lies of the Trump administration to the more...pointless of arguments.

Hopefully media outlets continue to hammer Spicer and Conway for these blatant lies.
Old 01-22-2017, 12:51 PM   #483
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

Ok how about we don't turn this into a discussion about looks.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JiriHrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2017, 12:57 PM   #484
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkey View Post
Child Please! Michelle Obama is an ugly angry RBF women if ever I did see one, like one notch above Whoopi Goldberg ugly!
Wow. Your posts get worse and worse daily.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Drak For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2017, 01:00 PM   #485
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Child Please! Michelle Obama is an ugly angry RBF women if ever I did see one, like one notch above Whoopi Goldberg ugly!
Come on man, I mean I think its pretty clear around here that I don't think much about Obama as a president. I think he was sub par, he had his moments of sheer hypocrisy. He failed to be a consensus builder domestically or internationally. And I think that the time was ripe for the American's to get a better president. Unfortunately they didn't have the option for one in this election.

But your comments only serve to make people who supported Obama to point at what you just said and basically point the finger at all of us who don't support that side of the political spectrum and say, see man, that's what they base their opposition on, they're knuckle dragging undesirables.

Appearances mean absolutely nothing here, to me, I believe that our great neighbors might be heading into four years of absolute ugliness that is possibly going to be reflected globally as nationalist governments rise in Europe and Russia pushes their way into a pre-eminant dictator of terms in the Middle East, and China aggressively pushes the States out of a position of prominence in Asia.

Its goofy statements like what you said that colors the opposite side of the political spectrum with an ugly paintbrush.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2017, 01:02 PM   #486
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drak View Post
Wow. Your posts get worse and worse daily.
No one is responding to him, has to step it up a notch.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:09 PM   #487
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Clarkey right now:

"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2017, 01:14 PM   #488
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I keep telling myself this will all be worth it to see Trump arrested for high treason and have to do the perp walk out of the Whitehouse in 6 months. Maybe they can bring back keel-hauling, too. I sure hope that happens....
Old 01-22-2017, 01:15 PM   #489
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Still waiting for Trump's weekly SNL Twitter tirade. I imagine it'll be pretty entertaining after that Putin sketch.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:16 PM   #490
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
You have to think there are multiple plans out there to permanently get rid of Trump.
I was just in California at a symposium on education and military and there was lots of discussion about how Trump could be gone shortly. The Republicans already have a plan to ram as much stuff through as they can under Trump, then when he becomes no longer useful they will release some of the damaging stuff on him, like his tax returns. They'll have a full blown investigation where he is certain to purger himself, then they can impeach him and replace him with Pence. Trump takes all the blame, the Republicans drive home all their policies, and they come out squeaky clean. That from someone in uniform and pretty high up the pecking order in a geometrically designed building. I'll be honest, my blood ran cold. That is pretty much a bloodless coup d'etat.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2017, 01:17 PM   #491
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I keep telling myself this will all be worth it to see Trump arrested for high treason and have to do the perp walk out of the Whitehouse in 6 months. Maybe they can bring back keel-hauling, too. I sure hope that happens....

I honestly don't think its going to happen. The Democrats don't want it to happen. The Republicans will split over it and we'll have a single party civil war.

What might have to happen is the more moderate Democrats will try to purge their party somehow and the next election features a three party vote. At least that's my hope.

I also think that the worst thing that would happen is Trump gets tossed and Pence takes over as the president and has a captive house, senate and Supreme Court to work with.

I think America is just going to have to accept Trump as President and hope that the Democrats don't allow Hillary to run in the next election.

Old 01-22-2017, 01:23 PM   #492
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
I was just in California at a symposium on education and military and there was lots of discussion about how Trump could be gone shortly. The Republicans already have a plan to ram as much stuff through as they can under Trump, then when he becomes no longer useful they will release some of the damaging stuff on him, like his tax returns. They'll have a full blown investigation where he is certain to purger himself, then they can impeach him and replace him with Pence. Trump takes all the blame, the Republicans drive home all their policies, and they come out squeaky clean. That from someone in uniform and pretty high up the pecking order in a geometrically designed building. I'll be honest, my blood ran cold. That is pretty much a bloodless coup d'etat.
I don't know a lot about how Presidential powers work, however I do tend to think that if Trump goes crazy on the military side of things that the joint chiefs of Staff will recognize an order that they can't follow and refuse to carry it out.

I also do think that reading up on James Mattis that he is a very good choice for Defense Secretary. He's as professional as they come as an officer.

I also think that when Obama sacked him over his arguments against the Iran deal that Obama made a mistake in terms of sacking a very good advisor voice because of his ego.

Even Mattis has said that as much as the deal with Iran isn't a great deal, its a deal that can't be rescinded now, hopefully Trump listens to him.

Old 01-22-2017, 01:27 PM   #493
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Was this before or after he told you the truth about the moon landings?
The Following User Says Thank You to DiracSpike For This Useful Post:
V
Old 01-22-2017, 02:09 PM   #494
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiracSpike View Post
This isn't a new theory. The Republicans don't want Trump at the helm, they'd much rather get Pence in the top chair.
Old 01-22-2017, 02:10 PM   #495
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Oh shut up.
Old 01-22-2017, 02:16 PM   #496
Red Ice Player
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
Oh shut up.
Good god. Had this poster on ignore and had to look up RBF. Truly one of the stupidest and mean spirited posts I've ever seen. Typical of Trump supporters. Canadian Trump supporters are the worst.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Red Ice Player For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2017, 02:21 PM   #497
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiracSpike View Post
Is that really the best you have? To try and discredit the information by attaching it to a conspiracy theory? Weak sauce. Trump is on thin ice before he even gets rolling, because neither party likes him, nor think he is qualified for office. They both would like him gone. Inside and outside interests are looking at the first opportunity to act. The man has no credibility. This isn't a controversial view. This is well supported, even within Republican circles.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/...p-be-impeached

https://newrepublic.com/minutes/1389...ress-wanted-to

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2950501

http://www.sfgate.com/nation/article...s-10861130.php

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d3f22e4bd1e6

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...achment-213817

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7525761.html

There is even talk of possibly using the 25th amendment to remove him from office.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3758444/kei...-inauguration/

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7528421.html

http://thefederalist.com/2016/10/25/...trump-impeach/

This is not some whacky idea. This has been gamed to the nth degree to understand the ramifications at all levels.
Old 01-22-2017, 02:28 PM   #498
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ice Player View Post
Good god. Had this poster on ignore and had to look up RBF. Truly one of the stupidest and mean spirited posts I've ever seen. Typical of Trump supporters. Canadian Trump supporters are the worst.
It's shocking to me when I see Canadians falling in line with the Trump garbage. I mean, by god, I thought we were all better than that. But then, I'm often pretty naive with optimism.
The Following User Says Thank You to Drak For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2017, 02:29 PM   #499
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
That's awesome, and that it's in a republican state is beneficial as Trump will serve until it's painful for the house and the senate to prop him up.
It comes back to same story of the election which is the democrats did a poor job in the rural community. The big cities in Texas, like other states, went blue in the vote (Dallas, San Antonio and Houston) with Fort Worth being the exception. It was close in Texas, the margin of victory was slimmer than when Romney ran against Obama.
Old 01-22-2017, 02:32 PM   #500
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drak View Post
It's shocking to me when I see Canadians falling in line with the Trump garbage. I mean, by god, I thought we were all better than that. But then, I'm often pretty naive with optimism.
There's always a segment of our population that just arbitrarily applies American problems/culture to Canada and then jumps on board with American hysteria/movements. It's so weird.

I always figured on a deeper level it's because human beings long to fit into groups and be part of tribes/teams so they justify themselves into movements that gain huge traction on TV/social media, which by and large are American. They just want to be for things and against things and more importantly part of the groups that represent fighting for and against things.

If there were legitmate Canadian movements to attach to they'd do it but there isn't so they see a "We're losing our white America" movement headed by Trump and they figure "meh, I'll just go with that, it's my only shot to be part of something".

Last edited by jayswin; 01-22-2017 at 02:35 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
making snl great again , soviet murica? , trade wars , trumpcare = doa , utterly insane pressers