Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2017, 10:40 AM   #101
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
I can see them pretty easy if the lighting is good. Night time is a big harder unless you pull up directly behind someone at a stop light. And of course with everyone's plates dirty from the road salt, it's a bit harder.

But in good conditions, I can usually see it fine.
I have a fairly good dash cam. Even though you can't always tell what a plate is, you know for sure what happened if there is an accident. This was purchased after my wife was stopped at a red light (turning lane) when she got side swiped by a passing car. The other driver blamed her, saying she moved into her lane.

Lucky for my wife, several people behind her at the light wrote witness statements describing what happened. Otherwise a he said she said and they probably would have split 50/50.
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 11:28 AM   #102
flamesfan1297
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I was driving in the Bay Area the other day and someone made a dumb move, so I honked, and my passenger (also from Calgary) said: "Careful, what if they have a gun?"

Calgary drivers. One of the only types of people who think the response to a honk could reasonably be the brandishing of a deadly weapon.
My mom is just like that, if I honk at someone or give them a dirty look she freaks out because she thinks everyone drives around with a gun and is willing to shoot

Halloween candy is horrifying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
"Putting nets on puck."

- Ferland 2016
flamesfan1297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:32 PM   #103
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan1297 View Post
My mom is just like that, if I honk at someone or give them a dirty look she freaks out because she thinks everyone drives around with a gun and is willing to shoot
the only way i could see your mom gaining her confidence back is her packing some heat too. Keep one in the glove box and ammo in the ashtray
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote