Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2008, 03:36 PM   #21
Nitro
Draft Pick

Hey...I'm an Omaha guy who supports your team.....I've been to the QC for a couple of games and saw the Flames in Iowa this season. I hope you guys do well..I'm sure it will get better.

I'm a recent transplant to Omaha so I have no real ties here, but I do have to say a couple of things in its defense. Tickets were outrageous while they were here...I've stated before that the same season tickets(2 adults, 2 children) in QC would have cost me $1200 the first season versus around $3000 the first season in Omaha-$25 a pop for adults and $10 for the kids where we sat...about 12 rows off the ice. Ridiculous for an AHL team, but I was hockey starved after just moving from an NHL town....

Second season was better, i think it was $20 for the adult ticket...

Lastly, remember that Omaha was supporting three hockey teams, with at least 10 years history in the town....

Sorry for the sour grapes of some, I'm still a fan and hope for the best for the team....
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:23 PM   #22
BringTheKnightsBack
Draft Pick

nitro points out some important facts that seem to be lost on the quad cities people here. the flames have ZERO competition for hockey fans in their town and are falling flat on their ass. both the mavericks and lancers were getting bigger crowds than the what flames are. even with all that competition for ticket revenue and very expensive seats the knights still managed to get what q c is getting right now. i was looking at the ushl attendance stats and even waterloo has bigger crowds than the flames do this year. lol! waterloo is junior hockey hahahahahahaha!
BringTheKnightsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:41 PM   #23
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheKnightsBack View Post
nitro points out some important facts that seem to be lost on the quad cities people here. the flames have ZERO competition for hockey fans in their town and are falling flat on their ass. both the mavericks and lancers were getting bigger crowds than the what flames are. even with all that competition for ticket revenue and very expensive seats the knights still managed to get what q c is getting right now. i was looking at the ushl attendance stats and even waterloo has bigger crowds than the flames do this year. lol! waterloo is junior hockey hahahahahahaha!
Waterloo is in the USHL that is the best junior league in the united states.

Cedar rapids (i went to alot of games) and waterloo always seem to have good crowds.

now wer are back to saying that in omaha the team was the best and the economy was good

now the team sucks and the economy sucks so we have two things agianst us.

just leave us alone you make people in omaha sound like they are bitter and hold on to the team. oh thats right your owners and calgary owners were losing money left and right . Calgary isnt going to pull out because they are not losing a dime.

so thanks for trying once agian. see ya. go home to your trailer and have fun.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:45 PM   #24
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
Hey...I'm an Omaha guy who supports your team.....I've been to the QC for a couple of games and saw the Flames in Iowa this season. I hope you guys do well..I'm sure it will get better.

I'm a recent transplant to Omaha so I have no real ties here, but I do have to say a couple of things in its defense. Tickets were outrageous while they were here...I've stated before that the same season tickets(2 adults, 2 children) in QC would have cost me $1200 the first season versus around $3000 the first season in Omaha-$25 a pop for adults and $10 for the kids where we sat...about 12 rows off the ice. Ridiculous for an AHL team, but I was hockey starved after just moving from an NHL town....

Second season was better, i think it was $20 for the adult ticket...

Lastly, remember that Omaha was supporting three hockey teams, with at least 10 years history in the town....

Sorry for the sour grapes of some, I'm still a fan and hope for the best for the team....
yeah, i certainly think ohama had some issues that if remedied, maybe the support for the team could have kept it. and i don't think any qc fan has anything negative to say about how the team was ran. our only problem is with a$$hat omaha trolls that just can't get it through their head that the team is gone and not coming back.
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:12 AM   #25
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
yeah, i certainly think ohama had some issues that if remedied, maybe the support for the team could have kept it. and i don't think any qc fan has anything negative to say about how the team was ran. our only problem is with a$$hat omaha trolls that just can't get it through their head that the team is gone and not coming back.
You sound like me when I'm talking with Jets fans....

Moral of the story: Deal with it.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:23 AM   #26
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
You sound like me when I'm talking with Jets fans....

Moral of the story: Deal with it.
yeah, i decided to give the guy the honor of being the first person i ever put on my ignore list!
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote