Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2008, 07:07 AM   #1
Hoody
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default It's too early to tell for Flames at the gate (QC Online)

http://www.qconline.com/archives/qco....php?id=412377

Hoody

-Ben Stein
Hoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:23 AM   #2
BringTheKnightsBack
Draft Pick

they can polish the turd all they want but quad city attendance has gone in the crapper for good. calgary made a big mistake moving the team. where are they gonna go after moline? i dont think any city would welcome calgary into their arena after seeing how many times they've shifted around in six years.
BringTheKnightsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:20 AM   #3
c.t.ner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Wow!

I'm surprised at the level of negative feed back left on that article. I'm especially not impressed with the comments regarding the Flames organization.

I hope they can turn this ship around down there, but from the tone of the article it seems like there is a steep hill to climb.
c.t.ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:11 AM   #4
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheKnightsBack View Post
they can polish the turd all they want but quad city attendance has gone in the crapper for good. calgary made a big mistake moving the team. where are they gonna go after moline? i dont think any city would welcome calgary into their arena after seeing how many times they've shifted around in six years.

Dude Im seriously thinking of driving to your crap hole town and pound whats left of your teeth down your throat. STFU!
Old 11-06-2008, 10:30 AM   #5
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
Dude Im seriously thinking of driving to your crap hole town and pound whats left of your teeth down your throat. STFU!
you get so mad so easy!!! at least i know if anyone ever talks smack in our section you will immediately fight them!

that dude is a total troll. i think he logs in every day hoping someone will make a comment about qc attendance. like it somehow vindicates omaha's lack of support when we don't have many fans.

too bad the omaha metro has well over twice as many people as the qc metro area, and we still put up comparable fan numbers!
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:42 AM   #6
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have anger issues. Besides last year I almost got into a fight with a old mallards fan lol It was great.

Besides the Ohmaha fans wouldnt support a Elite team in the league we have a crappy team and I think the attendance is doing fine for how bad the team is playing.

Last edited by PIMking; 11-06-2008 at 11:03 AM.
PIMking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:55 PM   #7
BringTheKnightsBack
Draft Pick

dont get mad at me because nobody in the quad cities wants to watch the flames. reading those online comments really shows how ignorant your hockey fans are down there. you had better hope ken king doesnt read those online comments. he will be yanking the flames out of moline faster than you can say mallards.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:11 PM   #8
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
dont get mad at me because nobody in the quad cities wants to watch the flames. reading those online comments really shows how ignorant your hockey fans are down there. you had better hope ken king doesnt read those online comments. he will be yanking the flames out of moline faster than you can say mallards.
Why because calgary isnt losing money... to the sum of 2 mil a year like they were in Omaha..

now STFU and leave.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:59 PM   #9
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
what do you care? no one in omaha cared either and you had over twice as many people to draw from!
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:41 AM   #10
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow, some of those comments are pretty harsh.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:22 AM   #11
BringTheKnightsBack
Draft Pick

dobbles, omaha had a lot more going on with hockey teams in the area. the knights also charged a lot more for ticket prices than what you quad city fans are paying. i bet ken king is embarrassed as hell right now for thinking the quad cities was a good place to locate an ahl team. there will be so many people in the quad cities who will cheer when the flames move at the end of this season.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:10 AM   #12
SparkyOne
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Wow, some of those comments are pretty harsh.
I have a feeling that some of those comments may have come from Omaha fans....they tend to log onto QC news sites and post under names that would lead you to believe that they're from the QC. Been doing it since the franchise was moved.

However, I can back up the comment by the business....that's the second time I've heard that the Flames front office has switched suppliers because of $$. I don't think it's a good idea and is causing some hard feelings.
SparkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:21 AM   #13
SparkyOne
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
dobbles, omaha had a lot more going on with hockey teams in the area. the knights also charged a lot more for ticket prices than what you quad city fans are paying. i bet ken king is embarrassed as hell right now for thinking the quad cities was a good place to locate an ahl team. there will be so many people in the quad cities who will cheer when the flames move at the end of this season.
If this blog is correct, and the front office really thought that they could sell $32 tickets for a new team, there were problems all around in Omaha.

Still, the $13 ticket then is cheaper than our cheap ticket now....sounds from the blog like the fans were the problem in Omaha. So I don't really see where you have any room to complain. We're drawing now what you did at your best....and numbers will go up after the holidays. That's what happens every year....

And I'm kinda beginning to agree with PIM. What are you doing here to support the Flames? Or are you just here to bitch about something that will never change? Talk about losers....
Old 11-07-2008, 09:06 PM   #14
pioneer98
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
1. Omaha had a 1st place team. Our attendance is around where Omaha's was with a 6th, 7th, or 8th place team.

2. The economy wasn't in the toilet when the team was in Omaha.

3. I've been to Des Moines and Peoria this year. Both of them inflate their attendance numbers easily by 1,000 people, maybe more. The atmosphere in our arena with 2,500 people is better than Peoria's with supposedly 3,500 people.

4. Wait until the end of the season to see how we end up for attendance.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:38 PM   #15
pioneer98
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.t.ner View Post
Wow!

I'm surprised at the level of negative feed back left on that article. I'm especially not impressed with the comments regarding the Flames organization.

I hope they can turn this ship around down there, but from the tone of the article it seems like there is a steep hill to climb.
Don't judge anything by those comments. Actually, those are quite tame. There could be an article about someone bringing 500 jobs to the area and the online commenters would find a way to bitch about it and tell everyone how terrible it is.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:58 AM   #16
BringTheKnightsBack
Draft Pick

pioneer98, i have already heard from my brother who lives in davenport about the atmosphere at the arena this season. he attended one game this season and said the place was like a funeral home it was so depressing. the attendance at the end of the season will be much worse than last years without a doubt. you guys will be lucky to get the same figure the knights did in their first season. hahahaha how pathetic.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:11 AM   #17
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

The reason why it sounds like a funeral home is because the team sucks.

Is this brother your father too? I know your from Nebraska.

Whats really pathetic is that your the only Omaha loser in here still complaining about your team.

Why cant you be like Tilley? and support the team?

You guys had an Elite team and couldnt draw and our team sucks big time and we are drawing something close.

now please shut the hell up.

Last edited by PIMking; 11-08-2008 at 08:18 AM.
PIMking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:23 AM   #18
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
pioneer98, i have already heard from my brother who lives in davenport about the atmosphere at the arena this season. he attended one game this season and said the place was like a funeral home it was so depressing. the attendance at the end of the season will be much worse than last years without a doubt. you guys will be lucky to get the same figure the knights did in their first season. hahahaha how pathetic.
that makes zero sense at all. attendance always rises throughout the season. as the playoff drive starts and excitement builds, more people show up.

we had some really awful games attendance wise really early last year too. but all in all, we ended the year at a decent level.

but as has been mentioned several times, you have no room to talk. omaha is twice as big, had a top level team, and the economy wasn't being called 'the worst since the great depsression' (though thats up for debate. but definitely not in here...)

so you can continue to be a troll and harass us, or you can get on with your life. unfortunately i think i know what you will choose.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:21 PM   #19
SparkyOne
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
I'd like to know which game that was....even opposing fans comment on how into the game the QC fans are.

Speaking of pathetic...look in a mirror and you can see it firsthand!
Old 11-08-2008, 01:23 PM   #20
SparkyOne
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer98 View Post
1. Omaha had a 1st place team. Our attendance is around where Omaha's was with a 6th, 7th, or 8th place team.

2. The economy wasn't in the toilet when the team was in Omaha.

3. I've been to Des Moines and Peoria this year. Both of them inflate their attendance numbers easily by 1,000 people, maybe more. The atmosphere in our arena with 2,500 people is better than Peoria's with supposedly 3,500 people.

4. Wait until the end of the season to see how we end up for attendance.
What he said.

I'm much less worried about attendance at this very moment than I am about the product on the ice. An IHL2 team could have beaten the Flames last night! I'm wondering whether we have a team or a bunch of "superstars" who think they don't need the other guys on the ice....