Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2008, 02:11 PM   #1
Hoody
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Straub Released From Professional Try-out Agreement (qc Pr)

STRAUB RELEASED FROM PROFESSIONAL TRY-OUT AGREEMENT
Defenseman Appeared in Three Games with Flames

For Immediate Release
Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Moline, IL- The Quad City Flames announced today that defenseman Brandon Straub has been released from a Professional Try-Out Agreement (PTO). The rookie blueliner played in three games with the Flames this season and was held pointless while recording six penalty minutes.

The Flames return home on Wednesday for their first meeting of the year with the Manitoba Moose. The Moose return to the i wireless Center on Saturday for Presidential Election Night. Politicians will be in attendance. Fans will receive presidential masks and vice presidential cheer cards.

Tickets for all Flames home games, including the match-ups with Manitoba, are on sale now at the i wireless Center Box Office, via phone at (563) 326-1111 or on-line at ticketmaster.com. Group tickets and mini-plan packages are available via the Flames Ticket Office at (309) 764-7825.
-30-
Flames Fever…it’s spREDing!

For Information Contact:
Aaron Roof
Director of Broadcasting and Media Relations
o: (309) 764-7825

-Ben Stein
Hoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:50 PM   #2
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

though it was probably inevitable, sucks for him he didn't get to stay around longer and get a chance to play more. unlike switzer, straub didn't look as out of place out there. hopefully he can stay around in the ahl at some point.
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:51 AM   #3
SparkyOne
Scoring Winger

Exp:

He's already signed in Vegas....and they need bodies there! I'm sure he'll be a welcome addition!
SparkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:15 AM   #4
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

thats good to hear. maybe if we have anymore injury issues, he will get a call to come visit!
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote