Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2013, 09:53 PM   #261
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sucks for sure.

Though, it sounds more like the guy who promised things in 3 weeks is the problem here. From the posts earlier in the thread (Post #29), it looks like they said 4-6 weeks is standard turnaround time. This coming Friday will be 5 weeks from the order. The fact that he didn't charge the extra $25 to make it "rush", just said he'd make it "rush" is also pretty sketchy and ambiguous to throw out there.

The single guy is making the company looking bad by overpromising something, when the timeline so far falls within the original terms that were discussed for custom orders.

But yeah, no excuse, and one more reason not to shop there.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #262
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

If the Pens get knocked out of the playoffs (I hope not), and you guys still haven't received your jerseys, I would hope that Bluck asks for the money back. Unless it's known for sure that Iggy stays in Pittsburgh.
RedMileDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:12 PM   #263
bluck
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
Sucks for sure.

Though, it sounds more like the guy who promised things in 3 weeks is the problem here. From the posts earlier in the thread (Post #29), it looks like they said 4-6 weeks is standard turnaround time. This coming Friday will be 5 weeks from the order. The fact that he didn't charge the extra $25 to make it "rush", just said he'd make it "rush" is also pretty sketchy and ambiguous to throw out there.

The single guy is making the company looking bad by overpromising something, when the timeline so far falls within the original terms that were discussed for custom orders.

But yeah, no excuse, and one more reason not to shop there.
I couldn't agree more and I would have gladly paid $100.00 for rush shipping if I would had known it would make a difference. I thought I could just negotiate that in our order since we were shelling out over $3000.00 and the fact of the matter is they knew I wanted these ready for the start of the playoffs. I made that very clear. Hopefully I hear something back tomorrow, so far this is just pathetic. Edit: Also... how have people who ordered theirs days after ours gotten theirs before us?

Last edited by bluck; 05-08-2013 at 10:16 PM.
bluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #264
GreatWhiteEbola
First Line Centre

Exp:

I have probably given over $1000 to RCS over the last 3 years, in the spirit of solidarity, I will take my future purchases elsewhere.

Good luck y'all!

GreatWhiteEbola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #265
bluck
First Line Centre

Exp:

Got a response back from Rob, here it is

"

From:Rob Main - River City Sports (rmain@rivercitysports.com)This sender is in your safe list.Sent:May-09-13 9:12:33 AM

Good Morning Ash

I spoke with my facility again this morning and all of the kits are ready and the jerseys are headed in to final sewing. It will be a few more business days until they can complete the process but I am pushing them to finish by end of day tomorrow or Monday.

I understand that you and the group are growing frustrated with the time frame, however any customized orders are normally quoted at upwards to 5 weeks and we are right around that time frame now. I suggested to you at the time of the order that we would try our best to get them to you for the first round of the playoffs, I don’t recall making an absolute promise that they would be in your hands by the start of game one. Further to that, I worked on transferring and ordering in the jerseys to ensure that a high percentage of the order would have the “REEBOK”tag on the back and not the vector logo, even though it is technically a running change with RBK.

We greatly appreciate your order as it is most definitely a substantial order. I had already offered a $10 further discount to the great deal we had on pro stitch customizing, so I don’t really have room to discount further. Normally the pro stitch customizing sells for $70-$80 and for your order it was only $20 per jersey, and once again, I can assure you that our facility will thoroughly impress you and the group with the quality of customizing they put out.

I will continue to bug my facility so they understand the urgency on completing this order promptly without compromising the quality.

Rob Main
Customer Service
River City Sports
rmain@rivercitysports.com
Toll Free 1-800-950-8201"
The Following User Says Thank You to bluck For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #266
bluck
First Line Centre

Exp:

I do want to add that in our original discussion over a month back I was quoted at 3-4 weeks, I never recall hearing anything about 5 which I why I pushed for "Rush" delivary. Either way looks like we have to wait a few more days until we get them...
Old 05-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #267
renny
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluck View Post
I do want to add that in our original discussion over a month back I was quoted at 3-4 weeks, I never recall hearing anything about 5 which I why I pushed for "Rush" delivary. Either way looks like we have to wait a few more days until we get them...
Still doesn't explain how people who purchased individuals got them way before us...

Thanks for doing all this though Ash, I will never order through river city sports ever again.

renny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:19 AM   #268
JackJack
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Thansk bluck

Still think the people at River City are idiots. This one botched customer service issue has probably already cost them thousands of dollars in business.

If that's the level of response you get back from a so-called 'customer service' rep, I can help you escalate it further.
JackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:54 AM   #269
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

It is a classic "He says, she says" argument about the delivery time. At any rate, the lack of customer attention and the sub-par communication efforts had turned me off as a repeat customer with them.
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #270
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wasn't going to do this at risk of looking like a complete jerk but next time, order from http://www.icejerseys.com/. I've worked with them before on corporate orders as well as sponsorship of a company (they gave us some jerseys to give away) I was previously with and never heard a complaint about their customer service and the jersey's look great.

I switched to them after getting screwed around by River City in a similar way.
Drury18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #271
Cleveland Steam Whistle
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by renny View Post
Still doesn't explain how people who purchased individuals got them way before us...

Thanks for doing all this though Ash, I will never order through river city sports ever again.
I'm gonig to guess it has to do with the fact that there is no point to them fullfilling part of the order until they can fullfillit in full. Which is actually the potential downside to pulling the order as a large group versus an idividual.

RCS probably had jerseys on hand that they could turn around quicker, but not enough to fill your full order. They aren't going to just grab every Jersey they have and put it into your larger order and then order what ever else they need to complete it. If they had to order extra to fill your order, then they would have likely ordered everything to fill your order and started to sell off the jersey's they have on hand to other customers as they present themselves. That's just smart business, and something you would have had to request if you wanted them to just start filling in as they got them done. Not sure if they would have done that either, because it would increase the shipping costs for them, stops them from serving any other customers, and I have idea how you guys would determine who's jersey came in first etc..

I've never dealt with RCS, and obviously it does sound like a miss communication or an over promise on delivery was made, but I must admit as an outsider I'm shocked that folks in here are surprised it's taking 4-6 weeks to order in custom Iginla jersey's around playoff time. What did you expect, this is likely the busiest time of year for jersey sales, especially new ones like an Iggy Pens jersey.
Cleveland Steam Whistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #272
Flashpoint
Not the 1 millionth post winnar

Exp:

Sympathies to you guys.

At this point I'd suggest you cancel the entire order and recover whatever you can.

It's the only way River City might start to take notice - as long as you're still giving them your money, they don't give 2 sh--ts how angry this thread is.

Oilers give up a pick and a player to take on 5.5 mil."
-Bax
Flashpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #273
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya, I'm not buying it. I ordered a "non-rush" custom jersey 2 days before this order was put in and it was waiting for pick up at the end of last week.

Quote:
I understand that you and the group are growing frustrated with the time frame, however any customized orders are normally quoted at upwards to 5 weeks and we are right around that time frame now.
Today is 5 weeks. If they aren't done until end of day Monday then they probably won't be here until next Thursday or Friday. That would be 6 weeks by my calculations. Terrible customer service on this one.

Quote:
I don’t recall making an absolute promise that they would be in your hands by the start of game one.
Did he have his fingers crossed behind his back
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #274
bluck
First Line Centre

Exp:

Looks like all or whining paid off

From:Rob Main - River City Sports (rmain@rivercitysports.com)This sender is in your safe list.Sent:May-09-13 3:26:19 PM

Hey Ash

The jerseys will be complete tomorrow for sure. I will be sure to confirm tomorrow afternoon when they are on the way to Calgary.

Rob Main
Old 05-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #275
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Ash, they should eat a little bit of cost and have the jerseys courier to your home or your workplace by tomorrow afternoon to offset some of your inconvenience
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #276
bluck
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypucker View Post
Ash, they should eat a little bit of cost and have the jerseys courier to your home or your workplace by tomorrow afternoon to offset some of your inconvenience
Let's just see if we get them Monday and at worst Tuesday. I don't even believe he has them in his hands currently but he will tomorrow and then he will send them off. Usually just takes a day or two for delivery. I know it sucks guys but sometimes thats just how the cards fall. I will of course let you all know the second they are in town and we can figure out pickups.

Bluck
The Following User Says Thank You to bluck For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #277
gartman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Screw these guys I say get a full refund, take our order elsewhere. What's another week or two at this point? I'm sure there are other vendors that would treat this big of an order with a little more TLC.
gartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #278
jar_e
Franchise Player

Exp:

The best part about sending that letter is they obviously didn't even bother to skim this thread and see how many people are viewing it and have commented on it affecting their next purchase.
jar_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #279
bluck
First Line Centre

Exp:

Jerseys have left Winnipeg boys and I have the tracking to prove it! Looks like we will get them Monday. I'll post an update when I physically get them in my hands after work Monday evening.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluck For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #280
Nammer403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally! thanks for the update bluck!