Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #181
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

OK, which CPer was wearing their Blue Third Pens Iginla #12 Jersey at the NE Coco Brooks, at roughly 6pm on Saturday?
You Need a Thneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:53 AM   #182
chalms04
First Line Centre

Exp:

For those who missed the boat on this, Jersey City @ Chinook had home's in stock (albeit at full price.)
chalms04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:17 PM   #183
casucks
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Wish I had the jersey for Wednesday night for first Pens playoff game.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:35 PM   #184
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Sounds like River City kinda screwed us on the "rush" shipping. They quoted 3 weeks initially, but they might take 5 to leave now? I'd demand justice!

And they never sent you the invoice as promised? Poor customer service it sounds like.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:01 AM   #185
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Sounds like River City kinda screwed us on the "rush" shipping. They quoted 3 weeks initially, but they might take 5 to leave now? I'd demand justice!

And they never sent you the invoice as promised? Poor customer service it sounds like.

It has been 25 calendar days (or 16 business days) since submitting the order on Apr 5. I hope the jerseys will arrive in Bluck's hands by Friday and we can pick them up this coming weekend.
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #186
bluck
First Line Centre

Exp:

Here's the invoice guys. I really hope they get here this week as well. I don't really know what else I can really do... Open to suggestions...

Last edited by bluck; 04-30-2013 at 09:32 AM.
bluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:34 AM   #187
casucks
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluck View Post
Here's the invoice guys. I really hope they get here this week as well. I don't really know what else I can really do... Open to suggestions...

Again thanks so much for doing this. Since u paid for rush shipping and brought them alot of business, I would ask for for something back from them, like a further discount, or store credit for you after all your hassle of fronting us all and coordinating this. They failed to deliver on their word, I'd call em on it.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #188
bluck
First Line Centre

Exp:

Update May 2/13

Hey guys,

So I phoned Rob directly and asked him for an ETA. He said they are all in for final stitching and they will be sent out next week. He did apologize and did say that he didn't expect his facility to be as crazy busy as it was these last few weeks. I guess that happens near playoff time. As for pickup/drop off for the jerseys when they arrive, I am mobile so I can drop a few off to people and/or you can meet me downtown or in the NW. I will keep posting any updates I get, hopefully the next one I post will be Jerseys are in!!

Bluck
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bluck For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #189
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You should point this thread out to him and let him know that the delays are probably affecting their reputation. Maybe he'll get that shipping rushed.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jacks For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #190
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Get a discount/cash back from River City. We can use the money for a jersey pickup/playoff viewing party! Even 5% back is close to $200 which can get us a couple rounds of drinks!
Old 05-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #191
Clever_Iggy
Franchise Player

Exp:

An Iginla Pens jersey meet up for a playoff game?

I ordered mine separately from River City Sports. Sucks that you guys don't have yours yet, but they do really good work - I'm very impressed with mine.
Clever_Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #192
bluck
First Line Centre

Exp:

Haha I'm more then willing to ask although I doubt they would do that. Rob did tell me that they do very good work and we would be very impressed. Hopefully the wait is worth it. An Iggy Pens Jersey pickup/meetup during a game would be sweet! Let me know if you guys have any suggestions, perhaps National or some place on 17th?!
Old 05-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #193
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
...Rob did tell me that they do very good work and we would be very impressed...
Apparently many of us (including myself) are already not impressed because of the delay

Ask for cash back and put it towards a party!
Old 05-02-2013, 03:43 PM   #194
JackJack
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'm kind of Disappointed in River City.

While it's fine and dandy that River City Sports does good work, in my mind, part of the whole point of initiating a group buy was to a) get a bulk discount but b) to ensure we would have jerseys in hand prior to the playoffs.

At the onset, it seems as though they were quick to promise delivery of the jerseys on time. In my eyes, they didn't actually meet their promise of getting our jerseys 'rushed'. Instead, their facility is swamped with other orders. In light of the amount of business we gave him with one order, I was under the impression they would expedite service and actually try to 'rush' our order - as promised.

Regardless of how good they are, if a business doesn't produce on a timeline that they've agreed to, it makes me a lot less likely to recommend in the future. I know things invariably happen, but saying they are worth it and not offering anything in the form of recompense is pretty bad. My opinion.
JackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JackJack For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #195
bluck
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackJack View Post
I'm kind of Disappointed in River City.

While it's fine and dandy that River City Sports does good work, in my mind, part of the whole point of initiating a group buy was to a) get a bulk discount but b) to ensure we would have jerseys in hand prior to the playoffs.

At the onset, it seems as though they were quick to promise delivery of the jerseys on time. In my eyes, they didn't actually meet their promise of getting our jerseys 'rushed'. Instead, their facility is swamped with other orders. In light of the amount of business we gave him with one order, I was under the impression they would expedite service and actually try to 'rush' our order - as promised.

Regardless of how good they are, if a business doesn't produce on a timeline that they've agreed to, it makes me a lot less likely to recommend in the future. I know things invariably happen, but saying they are worth it and not offering anything in the form of recompense is pretty bad. My opinion.
Very valid points and I coudln't agree more. As I just spoke with River City today, I will definately ask them for some sort of compensation on Monday/Tuesday when I call asking for yet another update. I can't lie im pretty disappointed in them as well, hopefully they make it right.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #196
RedMan12
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I was hoping to have the jersey for the start of the playoffs. I am now heading to work camp at the start of next week and will be gone for 20 days. I was hoping they would of been here by now. Not to impressed with River City. It seems they should offer some compensation.

You lack rawness, you lack passion, you couldn't make it through war without rations.

RedMan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #197
Iggy Snipe
Powerplay Quarterback

Location: Pengrowth Saddledome, Section 222, Row 23, Seat 14/15
Exp:

Thanks for the update. I am very excited to put my jersey on and watch the playoffs!
Iggy Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #198
magicbell
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I bought my jersey from River City and got it in exactly 2 weeks.

We should all meet up for an Iggy jersey game, The Pointe and Feather has prizes for every goal he scores and sound for all Pittsburgh games.
magicbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #199
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Sorry for the bump, but are there any updates for the ETA of the jerseys?
Old 05-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #200
Rudee
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Wouldn't it be a wiser move to wait until it's confirmed that Iggy signs with the Penguins off season before buying a Jersey???? No guarantee Penguins will sign him. There not a team who has a lot of extra cap space next year. And of the players they picked up at the trade deadline, I would say Iggy is the player least likely to be offered a contract next year. He's contributing, but he just doesn't look like he's an ideal fit for the Pens.
Rudee is offline   Reply With Quote