Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2008, 09:11 AM   #1
Hoody
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Straub signed to professional try-out agreement (qc pr)

STRAUB SIGNED TO PROFESSIONAL TRY-OUT AGREEMENT
Defenseman Returns from ECHL’s Las Vegas Wranglers

For Immediate Release
Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Moline, IL- The Quad City Flames announced today that defenseman Brandon Straub has been signed to a Professional Try-Out Agreement (PTO). Straub appeared in five games with the ECHL’s Las Vegas Wranglers after beginning the 2008-09 campaign in the Quad Cities. Straub played three games with the AHL’s Flames at the outset of the season.

Straub was held scoreless while in Las Vegas. The rugged defender did accumulate 15 penalty minutes while skating on the Wranglers’ blueline. In three games with the Flames, he recorded six penalty minutes and no points.

Straub appeared in nine AHL games in 2007-08 with the Lake Erie Monsters. He also played 55 ECHL games last season with the Johnstown Chiefs. During his time with the Chiefs, the Colorado Springs, Colorado native recorded 12 points on three goals and nine assists.

The Flames play on home ice three times this week. Quad City hosts Peoria on Wednesday and Friday at 7:05 p.m. Saturday night, the Grand Rapids Griffins visit the i wireless Center on “Power to Play Sports Night”. The first 1,500 fans age 12 and under will receive Flames Youth Hockey Jerseys courtesy of ORA Sports Medicine. Fans that donate a used athletic item will receive $2.00 off tickets purchased at the i wireless Center Box Office. Proceeds will benefit the Quad City Family YMCA youth athletic programs.

Tickets for all Flames home games, including this week’s match-up, are on sale now at the i wireless Center Box Office, via phone at (563) 326-1111 or on-line at ticketmaster.com. Group tickets and mini-plan packages are available via the Flames Ticket Office at (309) 764-7825.
-30-
Flames Fever…it’s spREDing!

For Information Contact:
Aaron Roof
Director of Broadcasting and Media Relations
o: (309) 764-7825

-Ben Stein
Hoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:22 AM   #2
Freeway
Franchise Player

Exp:

Injury replacement or preparing for the Flames to call up Vandermeer's replacement?

"Does a great job covering the Flames" - Elliotte Friedman
Freeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:11 PM   #3
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeway View Post
Injury replacement or preparing for the Flames to call up Vandermeer's replacement?
call up do to vandermeer getting hurt.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:58 PM   #4
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

i did like the way straub looked the first few games. certainly no worse than dan spang...

calgary folks, is there any news if you will indeed be calling anyone up or just going with pardy as a 6th?
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:34 PM   #5
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

I guess qc signed a guy named brad brown. so whos the odd man out when Baldwin gets healthy?

straub will be gone as soon as he gets here and will spang or cole be sent down?
Old 11-12-2008, 07:25 PM   #6
Pauly
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Peter Maher said tonight from San Jose that there will be no callups from QC. They are going to stick with 6 defenceman, apparently there are no further issues with Sarich, he's good to go. He made it sound like Calgary wont be calling anyone up unless they have another dman go down to injury. There was no mention of which QC dman would get the callup, but Pelech seems to be the consensus choice from people in the media that cover the team.
Pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:47 PM   #7
SparkyOne
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
Peter Maher said tonight from San Jose that there will be no callups from QC. They are going to stick with 6 defenceman, apparently there are no further issues with Sarich, he's good to go. He made it sound like Calgary wont be calling anyone up unless they have another dman go down to injury. There was no mention of which QC dman would get the callup, but Pelech seems to be the consensus choice from people in the media that cover the team.
Probably true, since there's no problem with Pelech and waivers....
SparkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:49 PM   #8
borr
Draft Pick

Default next callup

The Big Flames should call up who ever is playing the best in QC, and that would not be Pelech, Palin 1st or Wilson 2nd should get the call.
borr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:35 PM   #9
SparkyOne
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by borr View Post
The Big Flames should call up who ever is playing the best in QC, and that would not be Pelech, Palin 1st or Wilson 2nd should get the call.
Palin has to clear waivers on his way back down. Can't believe Sutter is going to let that happen....
SparkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote