Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2016, 04:37 PM   #281
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

BC now sports the "tramp stamp"

Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 02:12 PM   #282
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Defensive lineman Amobi Okoye—selected 10th overall in the 2007 NFL Draft by the Houston Texans—is set to sign with the Ottawa Redblacks, per CFL sources.

Ottawa added the NFL veteran to the team’s exclusive negotiation list on April 25. The deal is imminent as final contract talks wrap up.

Okoye recorded 16.0 sacks and 177 combined tackles over six seasons with Houston and the Chicago Bears, but the last time he played in a pro football game was back in 2012. He missed the 2013 season with a medical issue, which was later diagnosed as anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis. Three months were spent in a medically induced coma to stabilize seizures.

Okoye lost around 80 lb. through the ordeal. But he’s back up to the 300-pound range and told the Houston Chronicle’s Aaron Wilson that he’s ready to play football again.

At 19 years old, Okoye was the youngest player ever to be drafted in the first round of the NFL Draft. And with his first start for the Texans, he became the youngest player to appear in an NFL game since 1967.

Most recently, the now-28-year-old spent the 2015 season on the Dallas Cowboys‘ non-football illness list.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl...awa-redblacks/

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:15 PM   #283
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stamps signed 4 of their 2016 including Alex Singleton and their 2nd round pick.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 04:45 PM   #284
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Has potential to eventually go down as the worst trade in CFL history...

@BCLions:
BREAKING:##BCLions#trade rights to QB Vernon Adams Jr. to Montreal for 2017 1st round pick.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:51 PM   #285
GC91
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Born and raised Haligonian just waiting for my city to gets its act together and get a team out east. I moved to Calgary last summer for work and took in a few Stamps games. Always said when i was living in Halifax that if they got a team I'd buy season tickets for sure. Well it's my first full summer in Calgary so I bought some season tickets. Just wondering when I should expect to get them in the mail. I bought them last Saturday and noticed I was being charged for express post, which I didn't mind, but expected to get a package in the mail last week. Should I be contacting them about not receiving my tickets yet? Worried there was an issue with my address or something.
GC91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 09:19 PM   #286
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Has potential to eventually go down as the worst trade in CFL history...

@BCLions:
BREAKING:##BCLions#trade rights to QB Vernon Adams Jr. to Montreal for 2017 1st round pick.
For who?
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2016, 01:52 PM   #287
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

This trade is great for the Lions but don't underestimate what the Als got. This kid can play. If he was a little taller and bigger he'd have been a high NFL draft choice.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 03:19 AM   #288
3rd line Grinder
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

couldnt find a related thread,but is there anyone who is still waiting for their stamps season tickets? I havent recieved notification they have been sent yet
3rd line Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 12:07 PM   #289
GC91
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I contacted them about mine and was told this close to the season they would not be mailing them out. I was told I would receive a notification through phone call or email this week as to when i could pick them up. This week is now almost over...still waiting..
GC91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 12:34 PM   #290
worth
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would just give the office a call 3rd Line. Usually in the past i'd just go down to the ticket office to get mine.
worth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to worth For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2016, 11:29 PM   #291
3rd line Grinder
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I definitely will first thing tomorrow morning. Thanks for the advice everyone!
3rd line Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 01:23 AM   #292
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Juwan Simpson is one of the guest coach for the Stamps. Looks like he still wants to play in the CFL but still wants to get paid properly. There are a lot of new faces in this coming training camp and from what I am hearing they have a lot of good competitions. Edwin Harrison is also a guest coach.

QB: I don't see much changes in this position. BLM, Tate and Not sure if anyone can unseat Monitz as a 3rd stringer. I am hoping the Stamps give Andrew Buckley plenty of chance. and also help him develop to be a good CFL QB. We need to start getting some legitimate Canadian QB in the CFL. Brandon Bridges did alright in Montreal last season and I am rooting that he makes it again this season.

RB: Jerome Messam will perhaps start and Tony Harrison will be his tandem unless one of the talented new RB can unseat him. I heard there are a couple of new RB that will fight for punt/kick returner job. Rob Cote will still be the FB for sure.

Receivers: We lost Wideout Eric Rogers and Jeff Fuller. Who will replace them? Plenty of opportunities for new guys. Canadian receiving position is wide open also.

OLine: I don't think the Stamps will employ two import OLine this season. They might have just one or none at all. Wilson, Federkeil, Bergman, Lavertu will definitely in the mix. Lots of opportunities to the new guys.

DLine: Good competition on the DEnd position opposite the Sack Master Hughes. Maybe Stamps will find the next Cordarro Law, Shawn Lemon type of DEnd.

LB: Is Taylor Reed good enough to be the middle linebacker or they will move Deron Mayo in that position. Stamps also neede a SAM LB to replace Keon Raymond. We will definitely miss Simpson and Raymond this season.

DB: I think Smith, Wall, Burnett, Bell are pretty safe. Hopefully one of the Canadian DB can play in safety position, a position being occupied by an import Josh Bell.

Kicker/Punter: I think Paredes and Maver are pretty safe. It doesn't look like they are bringing competition in these two psitions.

Long Snapper: Chevrier is gone. It is going to be St. Pierre vs Caron.

Returner: This is the position that we desperately needed especially the punt return. We need an explosive punt returner like Banks, Chris Williams and Owens who are threat everytime they touch the ball on a punt teturn.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OzSome For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2016, 09:25 AM   #293
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

‏@Devin_Heroux
Saskatchewan Roughriders No. 1 draft pick asks for trade days ago. @CFL_News @CBCSask
http://www.cbc.ca/1.3614058

Quote:
It's been reported that the Riders offered St. John $52,000 in his first year with the team and $53,000 the second year. St. John is looking for a number around $80,000.
Great start to his CFL Career.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Otto-matic For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2016, 09:39 AM   #294
Pagal4321
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
‏@Devin_Heroux
Saskatchewan Roughriders No. 1 draft pick asks for trade days ago. @CFL_News @CBCSask
http://www.cbc.ca/1.3614058

Great start to his CFL Career.
I see no issue with it, if the first overall pick from last years draft is signed for $80,000 a year why on earth would he sign something that is 35% less?
Pagal4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:49 AM   #295
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Riders have not had a good time with his agent, Hardaway, in the past so either they need to play hardball or never draft a Hardaway client in the future. Let him sit if need be, he likely wasn't going to be a gameday roster player for a while anyway (personally I wanted Villaincourt but I trust what Murphy is doing)

That said this is a miss, the contract really should have been worked out prior to the draft.
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:53 PM   #296
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Saskatchewan added Buddy Jackson. I think the rule changes hurt him last year as he was beyond horrible. He was arguably in the convo of the best cover guy's in the league during Calgary's Grey Cup run the yr before IMO. Saskatchewan also traded a negotiation player to Calgary for the rights to QB Phil Sims recently.

Old 06-08-2016, 05:24 PM   #297
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Football starts tonight! Preseason, but it is back!
Old 06-08-2016, 06:28 PM   #298
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Those Bomber jerseys really are gorgeous. If Willy plays to his potential then that Winnipeg offence should be really good with the additions of Dressler, Smith, and Harris
Old 06-08-2016, 06:55 PM   #299
nixon45
First Line Centre

Exp:

Nik Lewis looks to have stuck to his off season training plan of adding 15lbs.
nixon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 08:21 AM   #300
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixon45 View Post
Nik Lewis looks to have stuck to his off season training plan of adding 15lbs.
C'mon he's a throwback...as in watch me throw back some more food.

/Nik was a fantastic player for the Stamps.
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote