Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Leagues and Games > Playing with Fire: Hockey In the Virtual World
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 02:03 PM   #201
likwid888
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Sorry Fata's. I'd be on but I feel like I'm on my death bed with this hangover. Should be good to go for tonight though!
Old 10-01-2011, 02:44 PM   #202
flamestalker
Scoring Winger

Exp:

yo flash exit the dr!
Old 10-01-2011, 03:35 PM   #203
gilligans_off
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

wtf why did I get kicked out???
Old 10-01-2011, 03:36 PM   #204
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilligans_off View Post
wtf why did I get kicked out???
Its been mentioned for the last 2 weeks in this thread.

What is your PSN name?

Last edited by Diemenz; 10-01-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #205
gilligans_off
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

thanks for the help... why are we making cuts. Every time Ive tried to play it was full.

thats stupid. Its a game. I just wanted to play with people of a like mind.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:45 PM   #206
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
thanks for the help... why are we making cuts. Every time Ive tried to play it was full.

If you read the thread all the info you require is 6 posts up.

I will REPOST it for you.

Originally Posted by Joborule
Alright guys, the season is over now and a new one begins under the new club format. Here are the first patch of players who've made the cut for the competitive team:

Joborule
StMerc
CalgaryFlame
Diemenz
Likwid888

------

Diverce
jeremyschick8888
dobbles81

This is a cut down from 29 players to 8, which is a fairly drastic reduction. Congrats to those whom made the club and sorry to all of those that didn't make the list.

The club will always be looking to add new players, so this is not the end! If you think your a player that can be on the club and are interested in trying out, send off a PM stating your intentions and we can arrange some games to scout you in.

Keep in mind that the club doesn't have a full time goalie and it's a vacancy we are looking to fill. So if you want to fill that role that's something to consider. Do note however that you'll have to be a skilled enough player to make the team as a skater still due to filling in for games a goalie isn't necessary.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #207
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

I don't remember seeing you play once.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #208
gilligans_off
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

no need to be an ass about it. I played 5 games at the start. And like I said, every time I tried after that it was a full room.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:54 PM   #209
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
no need to be an ass about it. I played 5 games at the start. And like I said, every time I tried after that it was a full room.

I like how you edit your posts.

Anyways, I am not trying to be an ass.

You played a few games the first week then didn't play again. You decided you didnt need to read or pay attention to the thread specifically created for the team, and then you decided to come in the thread snapping about being cut.

The only one who is an ass here is you my good sir.
The Following User Says Thank You to Diemenz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2011, 06:38 PM   #210
gilligans_off
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Ok... I've played about 40 drop in games and wasnt able to get into games with the club due to the room being full.

give your head a shake. Its not that hard to let someone know whats going
without attitude.

ps nice edit yourself
Old 10-01-2011, 06:49 PM   #211
jschick88
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ok... I've played about 40 drop in games and wasnt able to get into games with the club due to the room being full.

give your head a shake. Its not that hard to let someone know whats going
without attitude.

ps nice edit yourself
I don't think he was giving you attitude at all. He was replying back to your question in which you came off as having the attitude.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:57 PM   #212
ramizle
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
Yes, since lines were completed prior to last night due to time to be honest. You can quickly join the team though if you keep up the good performance in some tryout games this weekend if the chance pops up today and tomorrow and GMs grant approval.
I'm down to play more to try out but are you telling me that you guys already made your cuts even before I played yesterday? So all those games I played last night were pointless?
Old 10-01-2011, 08:15 PM   #213
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramizle View Post
I'm down to play more to try out but are you telling me that you guys already made your cuts even before I played yesterday? So all those games I played last night were pointless?
Absolutely not, because your performance from those games will be considered. We just want to see if it's a consistent effort and sure that you'll play well under a team structure before we add you onto the team full time. Keep it up and you could be on it fully fairly quickly. We already have tryout games with a number of players today and will continue to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
No real surprises to the roster, except maybe for dobbles, and that's only because he hasn't played for a year.
It's not about playing time here and more so who impressed us over the play time over the month, although dobbles previous history with the club does help.

Quote:

As I made in the announcement a couple weeks back, this change was made due to the style of the club changing to a more competitive tone based on the majority of the main players on the club whom have invested many hours over the past year and more. As I said it's not something that is going to appeal to everyone but something I felt had to be done since the previous structure had a split in the competitiveness in the club.

A casual club has been created by Kipper for those who still want a EASHL fix.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:53 AM   #214
Dime_On_Flames
Scoring Winger

Exp:

heyyy congrats to the guys that made it. I don't know what grading system you're using or what merit you need to make the club but I thought I had a pretty good showing in the games i've played (which are a lot!). I played in every one of the teams wins in the playoffs. I don't know what else I could have contributed. I'm not gonna cry over spilled milk. Maybe the "B" squad can come together and take out the "A" team.

Hook us up with some info on "the others" Kip!!
Old 10-02-2011, 09:27 AM   #215
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Search by abreviation CFF and you will see the new cp Farm Fatas. I may change the name at some point though.

I think we will actually enjoy the game more than stressing out like we are trying to win the stanley cup.

Last edited by Kipper is King; 10-02-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:09 AM   #216
likwid888
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper is King View Post
Search by abreviation CFF and you will see the new cp Farm Fatas. I may change the name at some point though.

I think we will actually enjoy the game more than stressing out like we are trying to win the stanley cup. This whole "elite selection" thing for playoffs won zero elite championships last year, anyway.
I believe we won 3 elite playoff championships last year.
The Following User Says Thank You to likwid888 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2011, 10:14 AM   #217
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid888 View Post
I believe we won 3 elite playoff championships last year.
I stand corrected then. I know at least one was before the whole "jobo picks the team" phase. Sigh.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:44 AM   #218
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime_On_Flames View Post
heyyy congrats to the guys that made it. I don't know what grading system you're using or what merit you need to make the club but I thought I had a pretty good showing in the games i've played (which are a lot!). I played in every one of the teams wins in the playoffs. I don't know what else I could have contributed. I'm not gonna cry over spilled milk. Maybe the "B" squad can come together and take out the "A" team.

Hook us up with some info on "the others" Kip!!
Merit isn't based on player grading or stats. It's GMs opinion how how you play and perform as an individual player. Are you playing in your position in all spots of the ice? Are you making smart passes and shots? Not playing to unselfish? Do you have well enough awareness on the ice? How do you handle forecheck pressure?

Generally, are you a player that has good hockey sense and contributes to team performance rather then hinder it is what we're looking for. We want players that can handle the elite level competition since that's the potential of the club.

Again though, tryout with the team and you can be added back. Also when we're doing tryouts we will try to provide feedback so you know what your doing well and what we need to see more of so you know how you stand in our eyes.

Speaking of tryouts. This is a work in progress and getting adjusted so it will likely change. There's going to be a cap on the amount of games you can tryout for within a period. The current format is 3 games in a period of 3 days. Meaning you can do 3 games in 1 day, or spread it out over a number of 3 days. After you final tryout game or final tryout date, there is a cooling off period of 10 days. To schedule a tryout, post your interest or send a PM and timeframe can be scheduled for you.

Last edited by Joborule; 10-02-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #219
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

It's a video game. Not worth being under constant scrutiny for. Let's say you make it to 10th place overall in the entire EASHL. You get the same prize I do- being able to sit in one's basement and play a video game. This whole philosophy is silly, and it cultivates sour feelings, not fun. I understand having a desire to win, but this is completely not worth it for a video game.

In 09, we had so much fun. In 11 and 12, positioning has been more scrutinized than it is in the kama sutra :P.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:02 PM   #220
likwid888
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper is King View Post
It's a video game. Not worth being under constant scrutiny for. Let's say you make it to 10th place overall in the entire EASHL. You get the same prize I do- being able to sit in one's basement and play a video game. This whole philosophy is silly, and it cultivates sour feelings, not fun. I understand having a desire to win, but this is completely not worth it for a video game.

In 09, we had so much fun. In 11 and 12, positioning has been more scrutinized than it is in the kama sutra :P.
Which is the reason why there is a club for players who want to play competitively and get satisfaction from being an elite team, and one for players to just have fun and not care about things like positioning.
Closed Thread

Tags
blinkingricorules , dobblesoutofretirement? , elitetop100herewecome! , send me