Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2014, 08:46 PM   #41
Hackey
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
yeah, fair enough

edit: Stastny
I don't remember Stastny having a contract dispute but I could be wrong. As for him leaving this year he said it was largely based on the fact that he saw Duchene and Mackinnon as the centers of the future and he thought he might be the odd man out. He has strong ties in St Louis and felt he was a better fit there. I think it was more a career/personal choice than an issue with the organization.
Hackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:43 AM   #42
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Signing a contract in July is hardly a contract dispute...last time maybe but not now
Old 07-24-2014, 01:25 AM   #43
dying4acup
First Line Centre

Exp:

As tough as it looked, ROR got the maximum amount of $$ for his level of play. He is a dream comparable for all RFA going forward.

The aves are hoping to salvage their salary structure. They clearly value Duchene ahead of ROR and they know that McKinnon is going to cost more than either of them at some point. As a team in build mode last season, I would have let the Flames have him 2yrs ago, and taken the picks. (Hindsight being 20/20).

Now it's about saving face. Honestly the Aves know now that allowing him to go might have netted them a top-10 pick, and allowed them to save $$ on Duchene's contract.

Feasters move really did mess with Colorado.
dying4acup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:40 AM   #44
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dying4acup View Post
As tough as it looked, ROR got the maximum amount of $$ for his level of play. He is a dream comparable for all RFA going forward.

The aves are hoping to salvage their salary structure. They clearly value Duchene ahead of ROR and they know that McKinnon is going to cost more than either of them at some point. As a team in build mode last season, I would have let the Flames have him 2yrs ago, and taken the picks. (Hindsight being 20/20).

Now it's about saving face. Honestly the Aves know now that allowing him to go might have netted them a top-10 pick, and allowed them to save $$ on Duchene's contract.

Feasters move really did mess with Colorado.
Feaster didn't just screw the Avs with the offersheet, but the whole league will be feeling this. It's similar to when Lowe make the crazy offers to Penner and Vanek. The "2nd contract" was already ruined, but Feaster sure didn't help.