Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2014, 07:09 PM   #21
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've used it on Android Tablet, Android phone, ps3, Xbox, iPhone, ipad and laptop. Ipad killed the rest and it wasn't even close. And I don't use it enjoy any apple products generally, they're all my wife's.
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:45 AM   #22
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I haven't subscribed to GameCenter in the past but I'm considering it for next season if our cable price spikes up. Does anyone know if the GameCenter App will have Chromecast support for next season? I know it can be cast from a Chrome browser on a computer or laptop but I'm hoping the app will have built in casting support.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:56 AM   #23
Young-Sneezy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I've had game center for 2 years and am really on the fence for Re subscribing.

Keep in mind the blackout issues and the monkeying around it requires to alleviate the issue. Then remember that if you are going to just use the app as intended, playoffs are blacked out. As in no playoffs... none.
Young-Sneezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:00 AM   #24
wwkayaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Lots of info and ideas to check out. I am tired of paying satellite prices and basically channel surfing my life away although having access to more hockey may not help that out.
wwkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:09 AM   #25
FBI
Franchise Player

Exp:

I use it with apple tv in the states and it rocks..
Old 07-24-2014, 10:13 AM   #26
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I just used the Hola unblocker extension in Chrome, then would hook up my laptop via HDMI. Worked like a charm most of the time.

Would be interesting to see how Chromecast does with the tab casting this season tough.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2014, 11:56 AM   #27
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm moving to a new apartment where basic cable is included in the rent. I'll be subscribing to GCL for the first time and just hooking up my laptop to the TV.

Once playoffs come around, I still have basic cable to watch CBC and Sportsnet.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:57 PM   #28
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre "Monster" McGuire View Post
I'm moving to a new apartment where basic cable is included in the rent. I'll be subscribing to GCL for the first time and just hooking up my laptop to the TV.

Once playoffs come around, I still have basic cable to watch CBC and Sportsnet.
I was lucky during the playoffs. I was never blacked out . I don't know why . Didn't even use a DNS service .

Last edited by combustiblefuel; 07-25-2014 at 12:36 AM.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:42 PM   #29
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

I use a service to get US netflix, and I never experience game center blackouts.
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Esoteric For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2014, 12:34 AM   #30
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^ A company out of Toronto perhaps ? Won't say what one but best $5 bucks a month I ever paid.
The Following User Says Thank You to combustiblefuel For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2014, 05:59 AM   #31
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

An aside benefit to the DNS services: I got Game Center last year for the European pricing $50 less
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:25 AM   #32
Josh
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I would consider us "cord cutters" as we only get our broadcast television through an antenna.

That being said, I think this will be year #4 for us getting game center live. The quality improves every year. We will watch it using a Roku, PS3, Computer, Nexus 7 & an Android phone. Obviously since I live in the US, blackouts aren't an issue (I really only watch flames games on it anyways).
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 03:36 PM   #33
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

I still have cable, but I was wondering would I be better off getting Center Ice or Game Center? I've had center ice for the past few years, but was thinking about making a change. First I would need to know though if chromecast supports Game Center. Only want to get that if it does.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 03:56 PM   #34
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
I still have cable, but I was wondering would I be better off getting Center Ice or Game Center? I've had center ice for the past few years, but was thinking about making a change. First I would need to know though if chromecast supports Game Center. Only want to get that if it does.
The only reason I would get Game Centre instead of Centre Ice would be if I was doing some travelling. Game Centre isn't quite as good picture quality as Centre Ice and you are also at the mercy of your internet provider to give you a decent speed.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 04:57 PM   #35
Pellanor
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Chromecast should support it. Even if it doesn't have an app you should just be able to open the stream in chrome on your computer.

The big advantage of Game Center for me is that I can watch while at work.
Pellanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 11:45 PM   #36
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I signed up through Rogers and says I am eligible for the free subscription until December 31st. However it says starting Oct 8 I can download the app or go to NHL.com and sign in. So do I have to do anything else, like give my billing info or will I be watching hockey on Wednesday?
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 05:08 PM   #37
Chip Hilton
Backup Goalie

Exp:

This business of the app not being available until opening day is ridiculous........guaranteed there will be some glitches that will not be able to be corrected immediately, resulting in some subscribers missing opening day action.
Chip Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chip Hilton For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2014, 05:12 PM   #38
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
So I signed up through Rogers and says I am eligible for the free subscription until December 31st. However it says starting Oct 8 I can download the app or go to NHL.com and sign in. So do I have to do anything else, like give my billing info or will I be watching hockey on Wednesday?
i have a similar question. I have a GCL account, as i have subscribed for a few years. However, being a rogers cable/internet subscriber it says i can use my rogers login.

I guess we'll only find out what works/doesn't on the first day gcl goes live.... any chance tonight's games will be available via GCL?

also, does xbox one have a GCL app i can watch games through? i did a quick search on the xbox app search but didn't see anything.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 05:16 PM   #39
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
i have a similar question. I have a GCL account, as i have subscribed for a few years. However, being a rogers cable/internet subscriber it says i can use my rogers login.

I guess we'll only find out what works/doesn't on the first day gcl goes live.... any chance tonight's games will be available via GCL?

also, does xbox one have a GCL app i can watch games through? i did a quick search on the xbox app search but didn't see anything.
Pretty slim chance its on GCL . Says no preseason games streamed on GLC.

Also when I called GCL support their is a message that anyone who was under auto-renew program will have to manually subscribe again. Due to the new tv deal.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:17 PM   #40
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

it's one of the only games with a "watch live" button on it in the NHL.com scoreboard banner which is why i asked.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote