Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2014, 05:37 PM   #241
FlameZilla
First Line Centre

Exp:

Jankowski just scored as well.

Forward depth is looking rosy. Need some more Brodies now.
FlameZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 05:48 PM   #242
belsarius
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzSome View Post
I am not saying our defense did not play well. I am just pointing that Nashville got the puck a lot and seems to be dominating the guy but less shot. You are right, Nashvill might have the puck a lot but our defense and forwards prevent them from making an easy shot...like the Preds have to work for it.
Flames had 36 blocked shots last night to Nashville's 13. That's where the lack of shots from possession went.
The @NHLFlames are the first team to feature four players each with 50+ points within their first 45 games of a season since the Penguins in 1995-96 (Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Sandstrom).
belsarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 05:49 PM   #243
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzSome View Post
I am not saying our defense did not play well. I am just pointing that Nashville got the puck a lot and seems to be dominating the guy but less shot. You are right, Nashvill might have the puck a lot but our defense and forwards prevent them from making an easy shot...like the Preds have to work for it.
I know you weren't, I was just leveraging your comment as an intro into a discussion that I think was due.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 06:17 PM   #244
stemit14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
Boomer and Rhett talk to Healy on the Fan earlier this week. They brought up the comments he made and mentioned he riled up a lot of Flames fans.

Healy clarified that his point was he thinks it's too much for a guy to be given the same nickname as Gordie Howe without accomplishing anything at the NHL level. He still likes him as a player and acknowledges that he has a lot of talent.

He was quite reasonable in the entire phone conversation, actually. I think he just has a persona he cultivates for the TV analyst role.

The nickname is not in relation to Gordie Howe... It's in relation to Johnny Manzel. No one is calling him Mr. Hockey... That name will forever belong to Gordie Howe.

Healy was being a tool. From what we have seen from gaudreau more and more lately, I feel the best response is to repeat an earlier post of mine for Johnny:

stemit14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 07:29 PM   #245
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Poirier has two goals now or as Daytripper puts it

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Tripper View Post
Poirier has more goals in less than 1 game than Shrinkydink has in almost 10 games.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 09:56 PM   #246
foshizzle11
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I was at the game last night Ns thought at the beginning of the game, the crowd was non-existent. I made comments about how quiet it was. Harvey was no where to be seen for at 10 mins of the first, I thought that was weird.

Anyway, I thought it was a good atmosphere by the 2nd period and the fans were fine. Johnny gets a lot of love. The fans feed off of him and I think that flames do to.

I was impressed with how much energy the flames had in the third, it was so fun to watch. Great fun and an excellent finish. If the flames play like that every night we will push for the playoffs.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:26 PM   #247
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Yup, and just to speak to this, you didn't even mention 2013 1st round picks Emile Poirier and Morgan Klimchuk. Not to mention former 1st rounders like Baertshi and a wildcard like Jankowski.

The team has prospect depth, real prospect depth, top 6 stuff. Bennett, Monahan, Gaudreau are all top line potential players. I'd love to get McDavid or Eichel in the draft this summer but we'll probably draft in the 4-7 range and still get a very good prospect. The Flames seem to be patient and know how to develop guys now.

The 2011 (Baertschi, Grandlund, Wotherspoon, Gaudreau) and the 2013 drafts (Monahan, Poirier, Klimchuk) are potential franchise turning drafts.

Poirier just scored tonight BTW, first game of the season back from injury in the AHL.

Don't forget Jooris
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 03:26 AM   #248
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SebC For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2014, 02:09 PM   #249
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just watched the Nashville feed of the Gaudreau deke... Both broadcasters have their jaws on the floor. The play by play guy seems like he's rooting for him to score, and they kept talking about it for another minute afterwards.

The league has no idea what's coming. Johnny Gaudreau is the invasion of the Mongol hordes unto himself. The first time someone ran into town screaming 'the Mongols are coming!', nobody cared. But then the Mongols showed up and killed everyone whilst riding around on horses and shooting arrows from tiny bows. They wiped people out of existence. They set the middle east back a thousand years. Every so often, they'd run into some people that hadn't heard they should be scared of the Mongols. By the time they left, whoever survived was scared of the Mongols.