Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-26-2007, 12:33 PM   #1
someguy51
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Attn Futurama Fans, Tomorrow's the day!

The first of four direct to DVD Futurama movies ("Bender's Big Score") will be in stores. The first new Futurama content since 2003! Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch it until Christmas day as I was told by my wife not to buy it...

An interview with David X Cohen:
http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/11/26/da...uad-interview/

My favorite Futurama fan site:
http://www.gotfuturama.com/

Edit: Another interivew:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1185.../1691348/1.php

Last edited by someguy51; 11-26-2007 at 01:04 PM.
someguy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:41 PM   #2
BlackEleven
Redundant Minister of Redundancy

Exp:

Wow, I didn't even know about this. I didn't think there'd be anything new until 2008. Thanks for the heads up.

Such a great show.
BlackEleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:43 PM   #3
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

So are all the new(2008) Futurama releases going to be like this, or is it going to go the way of Family Guy(which IMO should be pulled yet again. Was ace in '04 and '05, decent last year and now this year is just plain awful) and officially come back with a weekly show?

EDIT: Nevermind I just read the link
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:48 PM   #4
someguy51
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
So are all the new(2008) Futurama releases going to be like this, or is it going to go the way of Family Guy(which IMO should be pulled yet again. Was ace in '04 and '05, decent last year and now this year is just plain awful) and officially come back with a weekly show?
There's going to be 4 direct to dvd movies. In the 2008 they are going to cut them up into 16 episodes for Comedy Central. I guess there is going to be content that will only be on the dvds and some content that will only be on tv. They don't know about a new weekly series but they are hoping.

That funny about Family Guy. I thought the opposite. It started out slow but has been getting better. Though, its not as good as it was in the original run. In fact, I think I like American Dad better now...
Old 11-26-2007, 01:04 PM   #5
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

It's actually out on the torrent sites for a few days now.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:16 PM   #6
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

If Futurama ever does come back, I hope its not the Simpson's equivalent of American Dad.

That show sucks out loud.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:18 PM   #7
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy51 View Post
There's going to be 4 direct to dvd movies. In the 2008 they are going to cut them up into 16 episodes for Comedy Central. I guess there is going to be content that will only be on the dvds and some content that will only be on tv. They don't know about a new weekly series but they are hoping.

That funny about Family Guy. I thought the opposite. It started out slow but has been getting better. Though, its not as good as it was in the original run. In fact, I think I like American Dad better now...
Thanks for the info! I agree about American Dad this season as well. I didnt like that show at all before but this year its really coming into its own, especially last week's episode. As for Family Guy, I dunno, I think this season's been crap. I think they really need to realize the age-group of their target audience(which I'm assuming is teens to 20-somethings), they're throwin way too many random '70's-early 80's references in there it seems, I didn't pick up any of em yesterday.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:30 PM   #8
someguy51
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Thanks for the info! I agree about American Dad this season as well. I didnt like that show at all before but this year its really coming into its own, especially last week's episode. As for Family Guy, I dunno, I think this season's been crap. I think they really need to realize the age-group of their target audience(which I'm assuming is teens to 20-somethings), they're throwin way too many random '70's-early 80's references in there it seems, I didn't pick up any of em yesterday.

That little "Alien" bit in last nights Family Guy made the whole episode worthwhile for me. I laughed and laughed...
Old 11-26-2007, 01:52 PM   #9
sadora
First Line Centre

Exp:

Thanks for posting this, I can't wait to go out and get this.
sadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:19 PM   #10
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I thought futurama was dead, I watch reruns all the time on YTV and teletoon. Now I feel a little bubble of joy in the pit of my stomach, thanks for the heads up!
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:21 PM   #11
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Yeah, I downloaded this last week, I really enjoyed it.

Don't preach, I'm buying the DVD too!
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:13 PM   #12
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
The second one guest stars David Cross as a giant, disgusting planet-sized alien from another universe.

JK: And I've heard that that planet sized alien has certain romantic interests...

DXC: .. in every single living being in our universe. Yes. It's another touching and disgusting story to look forward to.
Oh hell yes! I can't wait already.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:41 AM   #13
someguy51
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The second brand new Futurama dvd, "Beast with a Billion Backs" it out today. Its $22.99 at Futureshop and Bestbuy. I have ball tonight so I won't be able to watch it until tomorrow. (Although it looks like we might get rained out)
Old 06-24-2008, 09:23 AM   #14
The Goon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Oh, great - I had forgotten about the Futurama movie, thanks for the reminder. I'm going to pick it up at lunchtime.

I got the last one for Christmas, and then the series DVDs, which have been really enjoyable.
The Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:26 AM   #15
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

I've seen Benders Big Score (I thought you could buy this for a while, it's been in rental places for about a year now, maybe you just buy used copies, lol) and the Beast with Billion Backs. Both are good for fans, non fans won't like them. Both are a little slow in areas. BBS is like most carton movies, good beginning, getting worse as you go. BBB the opposite, kinda slow to start, interesting premise and ending.

But I like the episodes a lot better. They seem to have trouble filling 85 minutes. Futurama can be such a smart show, but the movies don't seem to carry a lot of the same brilliance. It's like they sell out some of the shows best qualities to go for a big plot.

Thats' just my opinion though, I'm sure some will love the movies.

Last edited by Daradon; 06-24-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:40 AM   #16
BlackEleven
Redundant Minister of Redundancy

Exp:

I liked the Beast of a Billion Backs more than Bender's Big Score personally. But I agree with the above I much prefer the tv episodes to the movies.
BlackEleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:54 AM   #17
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm curious to know, how much does this one feel like a complete piece, and how much does it feel like a bunch of different episodes pasted together? That was my main complaint with BBS.

It was my understanding that these movies were going to be sliced up into various episodes for TV, is that still the plan?
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:25 AM   #18
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
I'm curious to know, how much does this one feel like a complete piece, and how much does it feel like a bunch of different episodes pasted together? That was my main complaint with BBS.

It was my understanding that these movies were going to be sliced up into various episodes for TV, is that still the plan?
I think it does feel a little disjointed like BBS
Old 06-24-2008, 11:27 AM   #19
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackEleven View Post
I liked the Beast of a Billion Backs more than Bender's Big Score personally. But I agree with the above I much prefer the tv episodes to the movies.
I did too. Nether were bad though and neither were amazing.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:28 AM   #20
Cliche
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Cliche is offline   Reply With Quote