Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2013, 02:37 AM   #241
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Kessel is a top 10 player...mmmkay
7th in points for is position right now, 3rd last year, hasnt been out of top ten for points in 4 years. RoR is around 26th if you double up his point total
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:08 AM   #242
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hair bleach and Vodka View Post
Burke is one shrewd mother !@#$%^&. I think having him around as the face of the franchise while we sort things out and try to reestablish ourselves would be a great thing. Sven doesn't need the media hounding him each game next year when things are looking bleak post-Iginla/Bo. Heck even whipping boy Comeau is gone.

I'd love to see him in Calgary but I think that ship sailed.
I think this is a very good point. The Flames have no face to their franchise and will not for a while, having someone like Burke at the top of the organization would definitely make that less obvious.

Hiring Burke would also be good because he is one guy we know will not be someones puppet. He will need full control over hockey operations or he would not take the job.

Lastly he has made some very good moves, his worst move was because he doesn't have the ability to predict the future. He built the Leafs into a solid team and I would welcome him getting a chance to do it in Calgary.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote