Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
bluck
First Line Centre

Exp:
icon57 Jarome Iginla Tribute Thread

With the writing basically on the wall.. (Yes I know the trade hasn't gone down yet but come on who are we kidding..) I thought we could use this thread too share some of our favorite Iggy memories or moments. Say what's on your mind and how you feel. I'm sure this is an emotional time for others and just not myself... I'll start it off.

Jarome Iginla...

I still remember being 10 years old and lining up at Coop to get your autograph during the young guns days... I've literally grown up watching you develop into one of the greatest power forwards and players in the history of the game. I've idolized you growing up and I'm so thankful I was able to be at your last home game too watch you score your last goal and game winner as a Flame! You will be missed...Now go win that cup buddy!!

bluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #2
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 03-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #3
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Courtesy of AC...

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #4
JurassicTunga12
Franchise Player

Exp:

My favourite player since day one and he always will be.

Last edited by JurassicTunga12; 03-27-2013 at 08:01 PM.
JurassicTunga12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JurassicTunga12 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2013, 07:58 PM   #5
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Crazy that it involves the Canucks, but this is the tops for me

Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Flabbibulin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #6
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

If this is true. I am deeply saddened.

There is very few NHL players who are the class act and skilled player like Iggy. I had hoped more than anything the flames could succeed this year and keep him like Detroit did with Yzerman.

But it was not to be. Our captain, our leader is going on to another team and it will feel dirty, strange and scary. But he did everything for this city, on the ice and off. IF this is true and we have lost him, then all I can say is THANK YOU.

I'm sure others will have much more moving tributes, my simple one is just this, I can't remember the last time I felt this much sadness from something the Flames did, maybe the trade that sent Fleury away.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #7
dean00007
Draft Pick

I have been saying trade Iggy for 6 years now... but now is the time to be nice and wish the Flames Captain well. I hope you win the cup Iggy.
dean00007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #8
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Iggy, Iggy, Iggy!

Oi! Oi! Oi!

Old 03-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #9
1stLand
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I remember in 1998 My Summer Hockey team travelled to Edmonton for a tournament and we ate at the old spaghetti factory. One of our coaches spotted Jarome in the restaurant and asked him if he could come over and say a few inspirational words to our team for our chamionship game the next day.

He came over with a smile on his face and addressed our team and was a really good guy.

Pretty cool moment for a team of Bantam Aged Players
1stLand is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1stLand For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #10
Phanuthier
Franchise Player

Exp:

I became a Flames fan in Iginla's rookie season, when he was playing with Dave Gagner and Jonas Hoglund. I never knew a day that the Flames didn't have Iginla. I remember his rookie year where he was a Calder candidate, his sophmore slump, his breakout year with Conroy and McAmmond, his amazing 2002 Olympics (and the summer tryout prank), 2004 of coarse, the milestones, the Flames all time leading scorer....

Sad day...
The Following User Says Thank You to Phanuthier For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2013, 08:02 PM   #11
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I remember in 2002 being in Calgary when Iginla was a couple game hold out. Rumours was swirling Iginla had signed. Two buddies and I skipped the rest of our classes that afternoon and bolted down to the Saddledome. We someone got into the press conference after the guy at the door said "Should you be here" and when I answered yes my sheepish buddy said "No.." . The guy let us in anyways and we found ourselves next to Bob Boughner and Conroy. It was surreal for a 19 year old new to Calgary.

During the conference Iginla thanked guys like Conroy and Conroy being Conroy shook a fake tree to get everyone's attention. Meet Iginla after and he was just all class.

Good luck Iginla, hope you get that cup.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:02 PM   #12
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Lets give Iggy the Conroy treatment. Change your avatar to an Iggy one, and flood the forum with Iggy's.

Good luck Jarome. Thank god you are going to my 2nd favorite team (hopefully). Go B's!

Last edited by pylon; 03-27-2013 at 08:06 PM.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2013, 08:02 PM   #13
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

nm

Last edited by Dion; 03-27-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #14
Nehkara
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh captain... my captain.

I am unbearably sad at the moment.

Huge thanks to Dion for the signature!
Nehkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #15
baerfan
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Man, I didn't think it would hurt this much... you'll always be a flame Iggy, go win that cup, no one deserves it more than you do
Old 03-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #16
CSharp
Franchise Player

Exp:

God, this really sucks - not the tribute part, but one of two best players over 15 years as a Flames to leave because management sucks and can never get the necessary #1 centerman for their #1 power forward. This is like watching Gladiator - just a damn sad ending.
CSharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #17
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Iginla is the reason why by parents became Flames fans and thus ultimately why I did.

It will take me a while to get over this.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #18
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

The guy was the heart and soul of the Flames over a decade now. The reason we went on that 03/04 run along with Kipper who is also seeing his last days as a Flame. End of an era that truly deserved better than the last 3 years. Its unfortunate 3 years of prime hockey went to waste on a team that really shouldn't have been just a bubble team. I've always liked Boston, I like them even more now and will be cheering Iggy on for a cup! So glad he gets to team up with Ference again which is where this team started to go sour when they dealt guys like Lombo and Ference who were good locker room guys.

Best moment for me is when I got to shake Iggy's hand and get his autograph along with Shantz, Brathwaite and Saprykin for my birthday when I was 9. We won 7-2 against the Canes. So many great memories though. 1000 point game against the Blues is one of my favs because all the plays were vintage Iggy. I'm gonna miss seeing him bust down the right side and fire lasers.

I'll miss the heart ^^ No one can say he didn't have any. Best Flame ever.
Heavy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Heavy Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #19
FacePaint
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Nieuwendyk was my favorite Flame ever till I was lucky enough to watch Iggy play in person. So many memories and love the way he plays the game. I wish we could have one more "Iggy" chants to show our respect and appreciation. Sorry this is not a favorite moment post... How about his milestone vs Minnesota, that was an ugly goal but special. Thanks Iggy for everything, I hope you know what you meant to the organization
Old 03-27-2013, 08:09 PM   #20
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

Like many people on this thread I grew up with Iggy, he's all I've ever known the Flames to be and probably the first true super star that represented Calgary. He golfed at the country club I worked at, there couldn't be a cooler more down to earth pro athlete around. Watching this team is gonna suck without him, being a fan is gonna suck without him, and most of all winning the first Stanley Cup in my lifetime is gonna suck without him.
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote