Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
handgroen
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default The Lorax

I know that several CP users have avatars based on this book/cartoon. what do you think about the movie coming out? and bingo/youneedathneed what do you guys think about this, it used to be a kind of an inside thing and it's about to become mainstream?

Danny devito is a good call as the narrator/Lorax but i think it's pretty lame that zack effron is in it.

btw i saw this trailer while going to see tin tin which my girlfriend is in love with. I thought that movie would disappoint, but i liked it and she absolutely loved it. Just goes to show when they commercialize something from your childhood they don't always bung it up.
handgroen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #2
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

I loved the Lorax movie that used to get shown when I was a kid in schools, I have no doubt that this will totally destroy that love, given the movie conversions for children's books I have seen come out in recent years. ie Horton Hears a Hoo and Cat in the Hat
Old 01-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #3
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it looks cool. I'm not sure that the Lorax is really an inside thing though; its a popular book for kids written by a guy who is likely the most popular childrens author as whole.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #4
SeeGeeWhy
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Looks great. What's wrong wtih Zac Effron? He's not that bad of an actor, really. I love me some Dr Suess and I can't wait to take my little girl to this, the art looks fantastic. I really wish Suess would have been able to create landscapes in 3D with the animation capabilities that are being used today... his artwork and vision is so amazing.
SeeGeeWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SeeGeeWhy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #5
GreatWhiteEbola
First Line Centre

Exp:

My favorite of the Dr Suess stories, I will see this for sure!

GreatWhiteEbola is offline   Reply With Quote