Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #421
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Does anyone think that that Wizard in the box will be part of the whole zombie sub-plot?
Tinordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #422
Ashartus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
I give up. Someone posts a question about why a scene happened the way it did, I try to be helpful and give a bit of background information being mindful of not giving any future events away, and still get snapped at for even daring to mention the word "book". It's like watching a movie you've seen before with a friend that hasn't, and they start asking questions like "Why did that happen?" or "Who is that?" and then bitch at you for giving them the answers
Next time just say you got your info from a Youtube video and you'll be fine.
Ashartus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ashartus For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2013, 03:13 AM   #423
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post
Komskies also spoiled Ramsay.
http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...32#post4190332

Which lead to more questions, when clearly show watchers aren't suppose to know what happened to Winterfell exactly yet or what's happening with Theon.

I just really hope no one asks who Tywin is sending letters to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post
I'm kind of curious of the series may turn out to give a few spoilers as it gets closer to the books. I can't see HBO being too pleased by the absence of Tyrion for a season. The 4th and 5th books are probably going to need to be merged for purposes of the series.
Just like Theon, there's no way they wont be having a season without Tyrion. I'm surprised they went an entire season without Barristan.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #424
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

I find it kind of interesting in the Show thread that Daradon is going on about the Pod and Ramsay plot point - 2 points totally created for the show. We can't really give him definitive answers about why the 4 guys were killed because we don't know anything more than he does.

Perhaps we do need a crossover thread - someplace where TV watchers are free to ask questions. Then we can put answers (for what we know) in spoiler tags. People who want a pure experience can stay in the TV thread.
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:40 AM   #425
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

They seem to be totally re-writing the Ser Dontos plotline. How will Sansa end up int he Eyrie?
Old 04-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #426
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I think the answer to why those four guys were killed is pretty simple, the ####### has no cares for others lives, he is just a sick twisted frack.

He killed them to try and show Theon he was loyal to him, and then just blamed the deaths on Theon so he will be tortured even harder. He is just doing it to get kicks and torture/break down the bugger to replace his precious Reek.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #427
Flames89
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
####### is a sick freak
This.
Flames89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:36 AM   #428
YYC in LAX
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi View Post
They seem to be totally re-writing the Ser Dontos plotline. How will Sansa end up int he Eyrie?
Yeah that was weird. He was on last season's premiere episode and nothing since. Definitely thought they'd be going that way, but he's really not alllll that important so I'm sure it will work if they choose to go without him.

YYC in LAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #429
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Here's a good review of ADWD, I agree almost entirely with it, especially the part about a lack of good bad guys.

http://cinefugue.com/blog/2013/02/yu...indeed-sucked/
Old 04-27-2013, 09:50 AM   #430
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I love watching Daradon trying to rationalize the actions and motives of Ramsay Bolton. It proves the directors have done a great job of portraying this guy as a psycho.. people are starting to see he is a prick, but they still think he has some kind of sensible motive behind it all.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #431
YYC in LAX
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I love watching Daradon trying to rationalize the actions and motives of Ramsay Bolton. It proves the directors have done a great job of portraying this guy as a psycho.. people are starting to see he is a prick, but they still think he has some kind of sensible motive behind it all
I hope we get to see his dogs.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:11 PM   #432
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I'm not a big fan of Ramsay in the books. GRRM is just trying too hard to make him the spawn of evil. He's an over-the-top ultra villain. The other bad guys were much better, they had motivations and insecurities that you could associate with to understand their villainy. Ramsay's just a comic book, no depth at all.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #433
TurnedTheCorner
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

In a world where everyone is varying shades of grey, it's nice to have some pure evil to rail against. It's kind of needed IMO, especially after Joffery died.
TurnedTheCorner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TurnedTheCorner For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2013, 10:07 AM   #434
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnedTheCorner View Post
In a world where everyone is varying shades of grey, it's nice to have some pure evil to rail against. It's kind of needed IMO, especially after Joffery died.
And with Tywin dead, not many Lannisters left to hate.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #435
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

That was one of the most true to book episodes I've seen. Pretty cool to see so many lines delivered exactly as they're written, and all the actors nailing their roles perfectly.
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:04 AM   #436
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really enjoyed that Shireen was singing the Patchface songs. But she has blonde hair? Stannis' claim for Joffrey's illegitimacy then is a bit flimsy.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:44 AM   #437
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
I really enjoyed that Shireen was singing the Patchface songs. But she has blonde hair? Stannis' claim for Joffrey's illegitimacy then is a bit flimsy.
Only in the show.

In the book it is only when Baratheon weds Lannister that the black comes before anything else.

Selyse is a Florent.
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:56 AM   #438
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ped View Post
Only in the show.
I know, still seems like a bit of an oversight. Although it wasn't Stannis in the show who figured it out first like he did in the books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ped
In the book it is only when Baratheon weds Lannister that the black comes before anything else.

Selyse is a Florent.
It's every single one of Robert's #######s that have black hair as well though.

Someone could have planted the seed with Stannis or maybe he just figured Jaime was a bit too close. But if you're going to go and investigate your nephew because he has blonde hair, you probably wouldn't think too much of it if your own daughter has blonde hair. Again, show Stannis wasn't the first to figure it out though he didn't seem to worried about the evidence.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:04 AM   #439
YYC in LAX
First Line Centre

Exp:

Was pleased to see Qyburn introduced. I think he's a very interesting character.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #440
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

loved the episode and agree it was the most like the book in a long time, Jaime's monologue in the bath was great

I wonder if anyone in the other thread is going to tie what are probably the two biggest points of it together at some point

Roose Bolton meeting Jaime

Robb at the end talking about the Frey's
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
books , it is known , spoilers , winter is coming