Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 11:50 AM   #4601
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
McCain is one of the biggest corrupt establishment members. A Traitor as well. I'll take anything him or the WaPo says with a grain of salt.
loooooooooooooooooooool
Old 06-07-2017, 11:51 AM   #4602
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Do they though? There are many democrats who have lined their pockets amassing $50 million dollars while working as a public servant.
Certainly there are dirty Democrats. Politicians are politicians. But to claim the balance sheet is remotely close to equal is a false equivalency. Republicans run on a platform of the individual, and that more times than not means their own individual interests. Scoring this is like discussing the climate science debate. For every three dissenters there are 97 on the other side. It's just the nature of the two platforms. Democrats may take money, but at least they leave behind a system that works for everyone, not just the guys who already have the money in the first place.

Quote:
There is a lot of corruption. Same with the neo-cons.
No doubt there is plenty of corruption, but the Democrats are at least corrupt while setting up systems that enrich everyone, not just the already uber-rich.

Quote:
Both parties are corrupt and self serving which is why Trump was elected.
Wait, let me get this right. Trump, one of the most corrupt (ethically and morally) and self-serving individuals you'll ever meet, was elected because both parties are corrupt and self-serving?

Quote:
McCain is one of the biggest corrupt establishment members. A Traitor as well. I'll take anything him or the WaPo says with a grain of salt.
Not a fan of John McCain in any shape or form. I think he has done a terrible job working for Arizona. But I will never question the man's war record. The guy was a hero for what he did in Vietnam. Suggesting otherwise shows you're just acting like a partisan idiot.

I'll also defend the Washington Post. They are one of the papers of record in the United States and maintain the highest levels of journalistic and legal standards. When WaPo says something, they have it on record, from two sources, that something was said or done. WaPo is one of the most trusted sources of news and information on this planet.

Last edited by Lanny_McDonald; 06-07-2017 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-07-2017, 11:55 AM   #4603
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
Yea, I have a feeling tomorrow's so-called political "super bowl" is probably gonna end up being a whole lot of nothing. Just more vagueness and obfuscation, similar to what we saw today.

That being said though, Comey is a private citizen now and he's under no obligation to defend Trump or his administration, or to spin things in favor of Republicans. Unlike the soulless a--holes we watched today, he might actually decide to tell the truth tomorrow. Or perhaps that's just me being naive and optimistic. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
For some reason, I had really thought that Comey wanted to talk? At least if I had been thrown under the bus like that, and hopefully feeling some sense of guilt over how the election went down, I would want to clear my conscience.
Old 06-07-2017, 11:58 AM   #4604
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The Washington Post is the paper that brought down Richard Nixon. Bob Woodward still works there. The guy who runs the Post is Marty Baron, who ran the Boston Globe when they published their Spotlight articles on rampant sexual abuses by the Catholic Church in the Boston area.

I'm always inclined to give people like that the benefit of the doubt as they have demonstrated a commitment to truth and the greater good of society far moreso than any of the political hacks they cover
Old 06-07-2017, 12:20 PM   #4605
Red
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Haha... Comey just made sure that whatever Trump does to steal attention from tomorrow's testimony fails.
He released his notes to public right now and yes, they are quite revealing.
That should guarantee very good viewership tomorrow. Who is NOT watching CNN tomorrow?
Old 06-07-2017, 12:20 PM   #4606
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Comey's statement for tomorrow's hearing have been released:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/07/politi...sed/index.html
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KevanGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2017, 12:27 PM   #4607
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trump is such a moron. I can't believe he thought this real estate mafia type stuff would fly in American politics.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:31 PM   #4608
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevanGuy View Post
Trump is such a moron. I can't believe he thought this real estate mafia type stuff would fly.
So far it has. The base is becoming more entrenched, I'll be shocked if anything comes of this. His shooting someone on 5th avenue comment was spot on.

What, is Rubio going to grow a spine? Ryan? All bark and no bite McCain? Unless the Republican party literally reverses course then Trump's bluster will continue to work.

They will pay just enough lip service against Trump in media so that they can say to their base in 2018 "I tried, I fought the Democrats, I checked the president. I work for you".

I think I'm becoming slightly cynical.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2017, 12:35 PM   #4609
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Haha... Comey just made sure that whatever Trump does to steal attention from tomorrow's testimony fails.
He released his notes to public right now and yes, they are quite revealing.
That should guarantee very good viewership tomorrow. Who is NOT watching CNN tomorrow?
I would rather watch the live stream then the politicised CNN.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:37 PM   #4610
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Read through the opening statements, unless Comey intends to say something a lot stronger during the hearing, it's all mild enough that it points to an ignorant buffoon just trying anything to get what he wants, rather than a serious plan to obstruct justice. The kind of thing done by someone fighting against the negative press rather than fighting against someone discovering their guilt IMO.

It still leans towards obstruction, but I don't think there's anything nearly strong enough to change Republican's minds, they'll just keep on doing what they've been doing.

Help us Robert Meuller, you're our only hope.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:38 PM   #4611
HotHotHeat
Franchise Player

Exp:

News is moving at a mile a minute today

- Would pay almost all my money to hear Trump say he 'has not been involved with Russian hookers'
- New Quinnipiac poll has Trump's approval at 34% - A crack in that 35% base of racists/idiots/racist idiots
Old 06-07-2017, 12:38 PM   #4612
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

There probably won't be anything juicy without Comey perjuring himself.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:39 PM   #4613
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I would rather watch the live stream then the politicised CNN.
When 90% of the sources are biased against your "neutral" opinion, maybe you're the one with the stronger bias...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Street Pharmacist For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2017, 12:39 PM   #4614
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
So far it has. The base is becoming more entrenched, I'll be shocked if anything comes of this. His shooting someone on 5th avenue comment was spot on.

What, is Rubio going to grow a spine? Ryan? All bark and no bite McCain? Unless the Republican party literally reverses course then Trump's bluster will continue to work.

They will pay just enough lip service against Trump in media so that they can say to their base in 2018 "I tried, I fought the Democrats, I checked the president. I work for you".

I think I'm becoming slightly cynical.
So far yeah, but I don't think he can operate in this manner without tripping up eventually, breaking the law (or close enough) and resigning.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:41 PM   #4615
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevanGuy View Post
Trump is such a moron. I can't believe he thought this real estate mafia type stuff would fly in American politics.
seems to be working for him
Old 06-07-2017, 12:41 PM   #4616
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
When 90% of the sources are biased against your "neutral" opinion, maybe you're the one with the stronger bias...
I'm not a democratic or republican supporter. I'm a centrist.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:44 PM   #4617
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm not a democratic or republican supporter. I'm a centrist.
Keep telling yourself that. I bet you're one of the 28.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:45 PM   #4618
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Social Liberal, Fiscal conservative. Been a member of the Liberal and CPC. Screw the NDP though.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:45 PM   #4619
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Angus King asking why they won't answer questions but gets them to testify that they will answer in a closed session.

Next move. Subpoena them to a closed session?

Bit of a foreword. Fast forwars to 5secs

Old 06-07-2017, 12:46 PM   #4620
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

It's too bad the questions being asked in a closed session will be filtered through politicians.
Closed Thread

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms