Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2024, 04:19 PM   #1461
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post
Yeah you seem really objective here

In the PGT when Oilers beat Flames you also posted "Oilers can only beat bottom feeders"

You are an Oilers fan.
Flames aren't bottom feeders?
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 04:37 PM   #1462
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
He got a penalty for tripping.
Right, sorry - 2 minutes for tripping.

Deserves a look from the league
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 04:47 PM   #1463
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
Flames aren't bottom feeders?
No flames fan would say something like that especially one with that handle.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 07:04 PM   #1464
Rejean31
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
I was going to ask if anyone saw Draisaitl with his ######y look around for the ref. This video kind of caught it - check his eyes at the very end of the clip, peering out over his glove, looking for the ref, while pretending to hold his face.

He might be the slimiest ######bag in the entire league.
He is the slimiest piece of crap in the league. McDavid is a little whiny entitled prick but he's a saint compared to Pissy. Pissy just looks and acts like a miserable son of a bitch all the time. If I was one of the Kings late in that game last night I would have speared that prick in the nads so hard he would look like he had 3 Adam's apples.
Old 05-02-2024, 07:39 PM   #1465
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

nm

Last edited by TrentCrimmIndependent; 05-02-2024 at 08:43 PM.
TrentCrimmIndependent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 07:45 PM   #1466
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
I don't think anyone who's not a mod should be telling anyone here how to post. Especially someone who has their past usernames banned.

How about mind your business and worry about your own crap posts.
Lol. Go cry into your Evander Kane rags.

I don't come into your house and try to police you. "E=NG" is simply being called out for what he is. There's no harm in calling a spade a spade when that poster is (very poorly) trying to pull wool over people's eyes. It's not even being said in a mean way. He just takes things poorly because he's an Oiler fan. You guys are good at acting like sensitive infants.

Disagree? Try proving otherwise with your sore bum replies.
Old 05-02-2024, 10:20 PM   #1467
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ranking the 8 playoff teams next round the Oilers will be 7 or 8 depending how you rate them in their own series

Colorado, Dallas/Vegas, NY, Carolina, Boston/TO, Florida, Vancouver (who owned them all year)

like its not even a homer take, who are they better than?

Last edited by dino7c; 05-02-2024 at 10:22 PM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 11:58 PM   #1468
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not an Oilers fan at all and hoping they are out soon.

However, credit where it is due. They didn't choose their opponent. They played the team in front of them and beat them. Good for them.

What were they supposed to do? Ask LA to add Crosby, Malkin, and others to their roster so its better competition. Unlike the Flames, the Oilers have been a lot better in recent years with taking care of business in the first round.
keenan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to keenan87 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2024, 02:14 AM   #1469
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Ranking the 8 playoff teams next round the Oilers will be 7 or 8 depending how you rate them in their own series

Colorado, Dallas/Vegas, NY, Carolina, Boston/TO, Florida, Vancouver (who owned them all year)

Maybe Toronto if they get past the Bruins. Both teams are full of low IQ players and rely on brute force in the form of transition plays and PPs, their recent 1-0 and 2-0 wins be damned (which were more of a result of LA and Boston getting in their own heads than anything), but I think the McOffense is better than Toronto's ensemble of overpaid guys.

Otherwise you can't confidently say they're better than any of those teams. Even with Vancouver who look timid in their own right, they've owned the Oilers all year. Even in the second half when they'd come off their blazing PDO start, they waltzed right into Roger's ####er and took care of business.

Best betting odds at the price? RIP all those dumb gullible fools.

Last edited by TrentCrimmIndependent; 05-03-2024 at 02:25 AM.
Old 05-03-2024, 06:50 AM   #1470
Whynotnow
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
Maybe Toronto if they get past the Bruins. Both teams are full of low IQ players and rely on brute force in the form of transition plays and PPs, their recent 1-0 and 2-0 wins be damned (which were more of a result of LA and Boston getting in their own heads than anything), but I think the McOffense is better than Toronto's ensemble of overpaid guys.

Otherwise you can't confidently say they're better than any of those teams. Even with Vancouver who look timid in their own right, they've owned the Oilers all year. Even in the second half when they'd come off their blazing PDO start, they waltzed right into Roger's ####er and took care of business.

Best betting odds at the price? RIP all those dumb gullible fools.
Vancouver I’d say is closer to a coin flip. The first three games are when the oilers were looking like a lottery team and the fourth is without Mcdavid. Still a sweep is a sweep and I can’t discount it and can’t say with confidence the Oilers can beat them, but also wouldn’t be surprised if they do. Toronto would probably be similar.

For the rest I’d say you are right and would consider them underdogs against the other teams. That doesn’t mean they can’t win a series against any of them, or otherwise we wouldn’t bother playing the playoffs. I do not subscribe to any of the hype that they are a heavy favourite at this point. Getting out of the west would take a miraculous effort against one of Vegas, Colorado or Dallas. None of those matchups look good to me. Then you get Florida, Carolina or the rangers and all of those are incredibly tough for different reasons.
Whynotnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 01:09 PM   #1471
カナダ人です
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I don't see Vancouver (or Nashville) beating the Oilers. Especially since the Canucks will be without Demko and Petterson is still MIA.
カナダ人です is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to カナダ人です For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2024, 01:20 PM   #1472
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by カナダ人です View Post
I don't see Vancouver (or Nashville) beating the Oilers. Especially since the Canucks will be without Demko and Petterson is still MIA.
Demko would likely be back for round two. If he's a GTD for game six, he'd definitely be back in time for the second round.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/rick-tocchet-...me-6-1.2114906
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 01:22 PM   #1473
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan87 View Post

However, credit where it is due. They didn't choose their opponent. They played the team in front of them and beat them. Good for them.

What were they supposed to do? Ask LA to add Crosby, Malkin, and others to their roster so its better competition. Unlike the Flames, the Oilers have been a lot better in recent years with taking care of business in the first round.
4 first overalls and a decade of top 10s helps with that lol
they haven't won a game past the 2nd round though, yikes
Old 05-03-2024, 01:22 PM   #1474
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan87 View Post

You do realize that they drew the worst 1st round opponent of all time, and still needed the help of shady refs and Gary to get by LA right?

No even the NBA is rigged this bad.
Paulie Walnuts is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paulie Walnuts For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2024, 01:25 PM   #1475
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah they didn't do anything wrong but they were incredibly lucky...besides I am talking about the media and fans (even some Flames fans) gushing over them.

They will be the 7th or 8th best team next round. Colorado just murdered the jennings Jets yet the Oilers have all the hype.
Old 05-03-2024, 01:48 PM   #1476
カナダ人です
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
Demko would likely be back for round two. If he's a GTD for game six, he'd definitely be back in time for the second round.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/rick-tocchet-...me-6-1.2114906
Demko is nowhere near a game time decision for tonight. They were talking about DeSmith and Silovs.
カナダ人です is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 02:14 PM   #1477
Waiting for a cup
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post

Have you watched the Boston/TO series. That is brutal hockey.
Waiting for a cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 02:15 PM   #1478
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Canucks have shut down the Oilers very effectively. Maybe one of the best teams at doing so this year.

Don't know why that would suddenly change especially if Demko is back.

You can't deny they have a swagger going against the coil.
Old 05-03-2024, 02:19 PM   #1479
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whynotnow View Post
Vancouver I’d say is closer to a coin flip. The first three games are when the oilers were looking like a lottery team and the fourth is without Mcdavid. Still a sweep is a sweep and I can’t discount it and can’t say with confidence the Oilers can beat them, but also wouldn’t be surprised if they do. Toronto would probably be similar.

For the rest I’d say you are right and would consider them underdogs against the other teams. That doesn’t mean they can’t win a series against any of them, or otherwise we wouldn’t bother playing the playoffs. I do not subscribe to any of the hype that they are a heavy favourite at this point. Getting out of the west would take a miraculous effort against one of Vegas, Colorado or Dallas. None of those matchups look good to me. Then you get Florida, Carolina or the rangers and all of those are incredibly tough for different reasons.
Well reasoned post. Given that I thought you were a closet oiler guy colour me surprised.

I agree with what you said.

They'd have a shot still, but a slim one against the teams that would be around after round 2.

Unless Colorado happens upon some really unfortunate injuries, who is stopping that freight train?

Or you have Dallas, who put the boots to the oilers like they were still in the decade+ of darkness.
Old 05-03-2024, 02:57 PM   #1480
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting for a cup View Post
Have you watched the Boston/TO series. That is brutal hockey.
And the Oilers 13 shot PPG 1-0 win was good?