Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-05-2016, 05:37 PM   #1
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:
Default Facing or In Foreclosure?

The possibility of facing foreclosure comes with incredible stress and many essentially give up and let the process take its course. It can also be embarrassing which prevents people from seeking help.

Even after the bank has proceeded with action against you, it is still possible for me to sell the property and get you out of the foreclosure process. You may have heard the adds for LeClair Thibeault Law Office on the fan 960 which discusses the attempt to save you in the foreclosure process. Ron Thibeault's office is in the same building as mine and we talk on the regular.

The biggest mistake you can make is not doing anything. It can be 6+ months from the bank first contacting you to the property actually going into foreclosure. Each passing month comes with additional expenses as the bank proceeds through the process. Get in touch with me asap...there could be multiple options.

I can't stress enough the importance of entertaining all options. Speaking with me is 100% confidential and could be a huge game changer through the difficult time.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 05-05-2016, 07:31 PM   #2
Kavvy
Self Imposed Exile

Exp:

As you said in another thread, isn't it true that one thing you stress doing is for people in these situations is having an honest conversation with their bank, prior to missing a payment - if possible?

Or is this false?
Old 05-06-2016, 02:22 PM   #3
JRW
Draft Pick

Wow and they say used car salesman are bad.

You should go to Fort Mac and sell some water. I hear they have good demand these days.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:16 PM   #4
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavvy View Post
As you said in another thread, isn't it true that one thing you stress doing is for people in these situations is having an honest conversation with their bank, prior to missing a payment - if possible?

Or is this false?
100% the very first step you need to take is speaking to your bank. Often you can defer a mortgage payment or find some solution. Communication is key!
It is unfortunate but most people really do get that first letter and feel hopeless. You realize the income won't be there to keep supporting the mortgage and use that towards living your life until you are evicted. The reality is, you have plenty of options and speaking with a realtor and lawyer will give you some ideas as to a direction other than completely giving up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRW View Post

You should go to Fort Mac and sell some water. I hear they have good demand these days.
Typically I would simply delete such a post. As a long time paying member of the site and one who has built countless relationships with CP members I do not quite understand the logic of your post.

I am making it clear to people who are facing foreclosure that you have options. As one simple example, one may be facing foreclosure and have some equity in their home. Instead of giving up and 6 months down the road having 10s of thousands of dollars in foreclosure fees chew into all of your equity, you could have sold the home, avoided a payout penalty and had the fees put to a stop against your file.

Your skewed view of my profession comes as no surprise - you have been a headache to the moderators of this site when they are forced into cleaning up your unnecessary posts.

I would love to hear where you see my post as trying to take advantage of someone vs giving them options outside of quitting. To be completely honest, it is disgusting that you would use the current situation in Fort Mac as a opportunity to crack a joke and call me out.

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Travis Munroe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2016, 04:09 PM   #5
Kavvy
Self Imposed Exile

Exp:

Quote:

Noting that I am someone whose considers CREB very odd and that Realtors have a terrible commission model which I haven't decided if I believe it works against the public good (i.e. no sliding scale based on home price, hard to sell without one and homes are critical to Canadians), I think your comments are very misguided.

One thing Realtor services seem to have in common is that they don't get paid until a deal goes through, and I am assuming the services Travis is posting would be the same. He seems to be offering to talk to people for free about their options and hoping his services will be able to help a portion of them.

There is nothing wrong in the world from profiting from helping people, that is a huge difference from taking advantage of people from helping them. The two are not necessary the same, and the line doesn't even have to be grey. If I am employed by the Red Cross, Mustard Seed, DI, etc and receive a pay check, should I feel guilty? There are payed people at all those organizations I believe. Travis is hardly working for a non-profit, so I admit it isn't a fair comparison and maybe insulting to the people who work at those places, but I think my analogy is closer than yours.

Travis, I would find it very odd if you felt inclined to thank this post considering my first paragraph.

Last edited by Kavvy; 05-06-2016 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:45 PM   #6
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Quote:
Noting that I am someone whose considers CREB very odd and that Realtors have a terrible commission model which I haven't decided if I believe it works against the public good (i.e. no sliding scale based on home price, hard to sell without one and homes are critical to Canadians), I think your comments are very misguided.

One thing Realtor services seem to have in common is that they don't get paid until a deal goes through, and I am assuming the services Travis is posting would be the same. He seems to be offering to talk to people for free about their options and hoping his services will be able to help a portion of them.

There is nothing wrong in the world from profiting from helping people, that is a huge difference from taking advantage of people from helping them. The two are not necessary the same, and the line doesn't even have to be grey. If I am employed by the Red Cross, Mustard Seed, DI, etc and receive a pay check, should I feel guilty? There are payed people at all those organizations I believe. Travis is hardly working for a non-profit, so I admit it isn't a fair comparison and maybe insulting to the people who work at those places, but I think my analogy is closer than yours.

Travis, I would find it very odd if you felt inclined to thank this post considering my first paragraph.
I never feel inclined to like a post but appreciate you understanding the intent of my original post.

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 05-10-2016, 09:55 AM   #7
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

This is very good advice from Travis and if you are facing foreclosure, discussing your options with a realtor should be considered essential. I would say its the second most important thing to do.

The most important thing to do is to keep talking with your lender. Keep them apprised of your situation and what you are trying to do so solve the problem, whether it be, looking for work, liquidating assets to pay the mortgage, or selling the property. Your banker will want to give you more time if you are cooperative and communicative.

If you are "upside down" with your mortgage (the mortgage is greater than the value of the home), that creates problems selling, but still, talk to your lender and talk to a realtor. Lenders will often cut a deal and aren't out there seeking to flip you into a foreclosure process, their mandate is simply to get paid.

When homes are foreclosed upon, the court looks at "forced sale" values, which are always less than market value in a non-forced situation. Getting ahead of the problem by hiring a realtor will almost always get you a better price than going through the foreclosure process.

Last edited by Kjesse; 05-10-2016 at 09:59 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kjesse For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2016, 06:25 PM   #8
JRW
Draft Pick

Quote:
In total agreement with you. http://www.macleans.ca/economy/busin...ealtor-racket/

Quote:
I understand what you're saying, but this is the same type of "help" that "ambulance chasers" lawyers are offering. I have little respect for that kind of behavior. It lacks tact and good taste, a stereotypical salesman thing to do.

Quote:
As you say, I hardly think that is a good comparison. Do the people working at mustard seed solicit money from those they help? Will a nurse ask you for a commission?

Quote:
Old 05-14-2016, 10:33 PM   #9
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Let's keep in perspective a few things here:

First and foremost, JRW- you have a history of coming on just to bash Travis' posts. Most of it so bad that we have had to delete your posts. So I don't see this as anything other than a personal attack on him.

Secondly, somebody who may be facing foreclosure may not know where to turn. They may be afraid to tell their bank about their situation, they may even be afraid to tell their spouse. Travis comes in and makes an offer to sit down and talk to people and let them know their options. From my understanding, if the home owner helps the process along they could end up 10's of thousands of dollars ahead. We all look at Travis' list of foreclosure properties and see them listed for less than what they could go for if properly marketed.

Thirdly, I know firsthand about Travis' ethics and business practice. The reason why he ended up being the realtor I used was a combination of factors; one of the biggest was how he steered me away from a property that he didn't think was going to be good for me. He didn't go for the quick buck, he is basing his business model on repeat and referral business.

So to have somebody come here and make accusations like that is despicable. "go to Fort Mac and sell some water" is an absolutely brutal comment to make, and you should be ashamed of yourself.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2016, 11:00 PM   #10
indes
First Line Centre

Exp:

I had no idea this existed, I am not currently in a foreclosure situation but I do appreciate the information nonetheless!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to indes For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2016, 01:30 PM   #11
NuclearFart
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

I've used Travis a couple times now for buying/selling and I can personally tell you he is nothing like what you are insinuating here.
The Following User Says Thank You to NuclearFart For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2016, 10:12 AM   #12
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Thanks for the advice, Travis. If ever faced with the situation, I won't panic until after speaking with the lender and a realtor. Nice to know you're not screwed if ever finding yourself in this situation.