Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum

Old 04-27-2017, 01:04 PM   #41
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
All I'm saying is that cameras and lockboxes might be overkill unless you're actually suspecting/expecting theft.

Amazon chooses to instruct their carriers to leave items without a signature (I don't even think that you can request this) because of speed and convenience. And the level of loss must be low enough for them to do it this way.
I had a iPad never delivered from Best Buy (despite tracking number that said it was). Took 3 months for an investigation to launch and a refund to be paid. That was a Canada Post signature item too. Best Buy had no idea how to handle this type of situation. They kept pushing it on me to fix it somehow. "Just wait and it will show" to "You call our warehouse and ask if they sent it" to "Can you knock on your neighbors door and ask"

Amazon is awesome. Their logistics is class leading bar none. I never order off Best Buy anymore. Just not worth it.
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:35 PM   #42
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunkstyle View Post
Well the entire thread was discussing delivery, no one ever mentioned music/movies.

With Canadian Prime you get:

Amazon Prime Video (amazon exclusive shows)
20% off Amazon Basics
20% off pre and new release video games
1 day delivery in Calgary
2 day delivery everywhere else.
and I think subscription discounts and some other small perks.
Yes I know but the email they sent me told me I can now enjoy moves and unlimited music streaming.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:59 PM   #43
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Did you maybe sign up under US store?
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:33 PM   #44
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

No, signed up under the Canadian website but the email they sent was from the .com website.

Just signed in and confirmed I'm under the Canadian site.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:02 PM   #45
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Oh boy another chance for Intelcom to try and deliver to my office that has already been closed for 3 hours.
Nailed it.

Ordered something on one-day yesterday and they tried to deliver at 8:52 tonight even though they said they have it "on file" that the office is only open till 5.

Intelcom is piss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:19 AM   #46
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
No, signed up under the Canadian website but the email they sent was from the .com website.

Just signed in and confirmed I'm under the Canadian site.
You'd still be able to sign in on either site with the same account, but wouldn't have prime membership for both .com and .ca.

Have you tried signing in to primevideo.com?
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:09 PM   #47
Ahuch
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Nailed it.

Ordered something on one-day yesterday and they tried to deliver at 8:52 tonight even though they said they have it "on file" that the office is only open till 5.

Intelcom is piss.
Amazon customer service confirmed that in my area of the city anything 1/2 day will be Intelcom... I cancelled my prime
Ahuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:18 PM   #48
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahuch View Post
Amazon customer service confirmed that in my area of the city anything 1/2 day will be Intelcom... I cancelled my prime
Get a Canada post Flexdelivery they are free and will ship to whatever post office you want and you avoid intelcom.It will ship directly you willl get an email and it will be at the post office.

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/pages/fd/default.page
Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:02 PM   #49
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Nailed it.

Intelcom is piss.
Canadapost delivered my day of release CD todat at 1030 am. Intelcom has still not attempted to deliver my "next-day" package that they didnt deliver yesterday.

Quote:
Old 04-28-2017, 06:08 PM   #50
Ahuch
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Canadapost delivered my day of release CD todat at 1030 am. Intelcom has still not attempted to deliver my "next-day" package that they didnt deliver yesterday.
Complain to Amazon! They gave me a $10 credit for missing the next-day delivery.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:29 PM   #51
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Yeah, Intelcom killed Amazon for me.

Something seems so low-rent about a guy showing up in a rotted out 1998 Neon with packages stacked on the seat, in sweat pants and Crocs that hasn't showered in a month, delivering a $750 Camera lens.

Something tells me if you have a package dispute, you're boned.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:31 PM   #52
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
Yeah, Intelcom killed Amazon for me.

Something seems so low-rent about a guy showing up in a rotted out 1998 Neon with packages stacked on the seat, in sweat pants and Crocs that hasn't showered in a month, delivering a $750 Camera lens.

Intelcom bent the cardboard box of a videogame. Amazon gave me a 30% refund and the game still worked. Combined with the 20% Amazon prime pre-order bonus, I saved 50% off retail. Very pleasant and fast customer service experience.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:40 PM   #53
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
Not with Amazon.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:06 PM   #54
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Luckily Intelcom doesn't deliver to Airdrie. The horror stories surrounds those yahoos are crazy
Old 04-28-2017, 07:44 PM   #55
Nsd1
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The Intelcom person the delivers to my house is awesome. Sometimes I get something that's supposed to be delivered on Monday on Sunday instead. Nice lady.
Nsd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:01 PM   #56
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya, I've mostly had good experiences with Intelcom. The minvan was a little weird, but whatever. As long as Amazon is backing them I don't have a problem.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:12 PM   #57
Ahuch
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Ya, I've mostly had good experiences with Intelcom. The minvan was a little weird, but whatever. As long as Amazon is backing them I don't have a problem.
I think it's probably fine if you live in a detached house where they can just chuck it at the door.

In a condo building it was nothing but a nightmare every single delivery.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ahuch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2017, 10:21 PM   #58
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahuch View Post
I think it's probably fine if you live in a detached house where they can just chuck it at the door.

In a condo building it was nothing but a nightmare every single delivery.
And chuck it at the door is exactly what they do

Old 05-05-2017, 03:20 PM   #59
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Oh boy another chance for Intelcom to try and deliver to my office that has already been closed for 3 hours.
Quote:
I wish that there was a way to specify things like that to Amazon. For office orders, I'd rather have it during business hours in 2-3 days than "by 9pm" tomorrow.

For home orders, however, this is just awesome.
I had to order something for work today, so I figured I'd live chat with Amazon to see what they recommend for office deliveries when the place is closed on evenings and weekends.

Sure, I could just select "two day delivery" and have it on Monday, but the whole "until 8pm" thing also wouldn't work, nor would a "signature not required" drop.

Much to my surprise, the agent on live chat said that they can add a hidden preference to my account that marks a certain address as a business, and inform the carrier not to deliver on weekends and evenings. They assured me that it was address specific, so my home deliveries could still benefit from evenings, weekends, and signature not required deliveries.

Sure enough, just prior to checking out, I toggled between my home and work address. It would remove the one-day delivery option from my work address, but retain it for my house. I can only assume that the carrier will also know (through some sort of note, code, etc.) not to try at 7:45pm.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 03:22 PM   #60
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I had to order something for work today, so I figured I'd live chat with Amazon to see what they recommend for office deliveries when the place is closed on evenings and weekends.

Sure, I could just select "two day delivery" and have it on Monday, but the whole "until 8pm" thing also wouldn't work, nor would a "signature not required" drop.

Much to my surprise, the agent on live chat said that they can add a hidden preference to my account that marks a certain address as a business, and inform the carrier not to deliver on weekends and evenings. They assured me that it was address specific, so my home deliveries could still benefit from evenings, weekends, and signature not required deliveries.

Sure enough, just prior to checking out, I toggled between my home and work address. It would remove the one-day delivery option from my work address, but retain it for my house. I can only assume that the carrier will also know (through some sort of note, code, etc.) not to try at 7:45pm.
Yeah after I lodged a complaint and got a free second item and an extra month of Prime (thanks Amazon, didn't even ask) they put that preference on my account, so Intelcom *should* know better now. They've done 2 more deliveries since and both have arrived before 3 PM now.

Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post: