Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-28-2017, 02:05 PM   #141
Backlunds_socks
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
Spring Update was released yesterday, some great updates and fixes. Added platoons and a few new guns. Map voting really helps to avoid those couple ####ty made maps. Really loving the non-stop updates EA/Dice are providing. This and all the premium members are getting a new map in June! can't wait!

I hadn't played for a month till two days ago, I noticed they changed the cavalry melee distance.
Backlunds_socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 02:20 PM   #142
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I started playing it this week on ps4 and love it. It's my first BF game since Vietnam, or maybe the one right after.

Anyway, wow. Crazy intense! I play as a medic and am really enjoying the teamwork in the squad system. That's something missing in Battlefront. And, speaking of that, im now really looking forward to what Dice and EA do for Battlefront 2.

As an aside, about ten years ago I gave up trying to stay current in the PC hardware arena so I'm ps4 only. Unfortunatley I've never been able to effectively play fps on console so I've avoided them. That was until Christmas when I got this bad boy:

https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/ex...playstation-4/

I missed out on a lot of cool games over the years, so now im making up for lost time. If you're in the same boat I highly recommend picking one up.
KevanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:19 PM   #143
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevanGuy View Post
I started playing it this week on ps4 and love it. It's my first BF game since Vietnam, or maybe the one right after.

Anyway, wow. Crazy intense! I play as a medic and am really enjoying the teamwork in the squad system. That's something missing in Battlefront. And, speaking of that, im now really looking forward to what Dice and EA do for Battlefront 2.

As an aside, about ten years ago I gave up trying to stay current in the PC hardware arena so I'm ps4 only. Unfortunatley I've never been able to effectively play fps on console so I've avoided them. That was until Christmas when I got this bad boy:

I missed out on a lot of cool games over the years, so now im making up for lost time. If you're in the same boat I highly recommend picking one up.
Damn that thing seems incredibly unfair to use against people using a meager controller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:28 PM   #144
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Damn that thing seems incredibly unfair to use against people using a meager controller.
I always wondered what that slaughter would be like if PC gamers played console gamers in an FPS.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:28 PM   #145
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can sometimes do alright with shooters on consoles but Battlefield games have never felt right on anything but PC.

Now that I finally upgraded my PC I can play Battlefield 1 there instead of on PS4 and am having a hell of a lot more fun. Never thought about getting a mouse for the PS4 though haha. That does seem a little unfair
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 04:34 PM   #146
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
I always wondered what that slaughter would be like if PC gamers played console gamers in an FPS.
Probably a slaughter of epic proportions. I suck at using a console controller for shooting games. But give me a mouse and keyboard and the magic happens.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:16 AM   #147
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

I tried that and felt the acceleration was a complete mess, has there been updates to fix it?
Old 04-30-2017, 06:27 PM   #148
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Keyboard and Mouse is still tough on console cause you are still locked to the sensitivity of the game. I know people that use it on Destiny, and even then you can only turn and move as fast as the game will let you.
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:19 PM   #149
Captain Hair
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Having spotted the above device for the PS4, I had a look for anything for Xbox One.

Noted the following device, called a XIM 4:

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-us...board-xbox-one

On some other web page, it was mentioned that Blizzard didn't like the keyboard/mouse combo for consoles in Overwatch and may have stopped it, somehow. Too much of an advantage I guess?

Last edited by Captain Hair; 04-30-2017 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Couldn't spoiler or make the image smaller....
Captain Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:11 AM   #150
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemenz View Post
I tried that and felt the acceleration was a complete mess, has there been updates to fix it?
Im not sure.

It doesn't play as well as a mouse and keyboard on PC, it's likely not the advantage that some think it is. But it enables me to compete and play online, so i love it.

Console games aren't built for it so there is some wierdness. As mentioned above, you can't swing around real fast if someone catches you off gaurd from behind. Also there are some things that I'm not able to do, for example in Battlefront I'm not able to roll using wasd.

I haven't played as a sniper yet in Battlefield. I think it might be an advantage with a good scope, I'll have to try it out.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:16 PM   #151
sixpacked
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:

I haven't played as a sniper yet in Battlefield. I think it might be an advantage with a good scope, I'll have to try it out.
Fracking camper!!
Old 05-02-2017, 02:42 PM   #152
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ha ha no way. Camping is way too boring for me.

I tried the sniper rifle last night and yeah, there is an advantage for sure. It even has a "sniper" button and when you hold it down it cuts the sensitivity so you can really be precise. I might actually switch from the sweeper to this one and use it as a medic.