Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2014, 07:11 AM   #61
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

That was a joke about the age of an average Co-op shopper. If you ever want to feel young, go into the Co-op near Heritage.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2014, 07:53 AM   #62
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's a weird stereotype. It's a grocery store. Everyone needs to buy groceries. I can't say I've ever noticed the ages of people in Co-op are any different than the ages of people in any other grocery store. It's the same mix of people who live/work in the general area of the store. Like you would expect.

I was at Midtown Market Co-op yesterday, and as always, it was full of MILFs.

Back to the topic, why would you fill up at Co-op regularly and not use the grocery coupons they give you, it's free money? If you buy 50 litres of gas, you get $1.50. Go buy a loaf of bread, a carton of milk, a bag of chips, etc.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:37 AM   #63
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post
I drove an escape for ~ 5 years. Twice I put premium in it due to Petros gas shortages. 1 time I used the gas on the highway, I noticed between ~5% more millage, it was easy to notice more gas in the trip after a 350KM trip I take all of the time. The 2nd time I used it in the city, didn't notice a difference. But I've never been one to measure KM/tank so its hard to notice a difference over 1.5 weeks.

In theory you are probably right, but I notice a small difference. Not really worth the price difference.
Congratulations in that case.

You've defeated physics!
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:56 AM   #64
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

It is not that difficult to calculate #L/100km or #km/1L:

1. Fill up the tank at Station A, reset odometer to 0
2. Drive
3. On the next fill up, note the odometer reading and the amount you have just filled up (it will be on the receipt)
4. There you go, your fuel efficiency from fill up #1 at Station A can be calculated by the dividing the milage on the odometer reading by the Litres of gas you just filled up
5. Repeat the process with Station B, C, D, etc...

The OP almost got it, he just need to dig up the old receipts and do some math...
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:39 AM   #65
bossy22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I use the road trip app. Does it all for me. I fill up at CO-OP because I didn't see any difference between Shell and CO-OP gas. That's using 87 octane. My truck (ecoboost) does not like Husky gas though. It starts to knock.
bossy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:39 AM   #66
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypucker View Post
It is not that difficult to calculate #L/100km or #km/1L:

1. Fill up the tank at Station A, reset odometer to 0
2. Drive
3. On the next fill up, note the odometer reading and the amount you have just filled up (it will be on the receipt)
4. There you go, your fuel efficiency from fill up #1 at Station A can be calculated by the dividing the milage on the odometer reading by the Litres of gas you just filled up
5. Repeat the process with Station B, C, D, etc...

The OP almost got it, he just need to dig up the old receipts and do some math...
Except he was measuring to when the fuel light clicked on, which is a pretty imprecise measurement. If he used the odomoter to measure between fills that would be different.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote