Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 11:26 AM   #5741
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll reply in PM...all the car talk in this thread is probably starting to grind people's gears.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2014, 11:38 AM   #5742
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Off topic car talk in the WGMG thread really grinds...

Dammit, too late! ;P
Old 08-21-2014, 12:13 PM   #5743
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
I'll reply in PM...all the car talk in this thread is probably starting to grind people's gears.
Take it to the automotive thread
Old 08-21-2014, 01:46 PM   #5744
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

When people try to quote a particularly funny stand-up comedian they heard and completely butcher the delivery. Half of what makes stand-ups funny is their personality and delivery. I don't think anyone has ever quoted "that hilarious joke" they heard and actually made me laugh. Maybe a pity laugh so they don't feel stupid, but that's all.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:20 PM   #5745
Clarkey
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Caillou. I hate that whiny little bald headed #######.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Clarkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2014, 07:44 PM   #5746
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkey View Post
Caillou. I hate that whiny little bald headed #######.
Amen, brother in Jebus! My son is banned from viewing that ... whatever it is.

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

Old 08-22-2014, 06:51 AM   #5747
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladtheImpaler View Post
Amen, brother in Jebus! My son is banned from viewing that ... whatever it is.
Yep.

Since my kids were little, we were really vigilante than the limited time we let them watch TV was not going to be spent watching mindless crap

- Caillou was first on the list. Just totally mindless garbage.
- I added Ruby and Max later because that Ruby is a serious bitch to her little brother.
- Most recently, I came home and my kids were watching Barbie, I think on Netflix. At first it seemed like it wasn't bad, but then I started paying attention. The characters were the most idiotic you could possibly conjure and they talked to each other in the most offensive way you could possibly squeeze into a kids show. I made a note to my wife that this should possibly go onto the 'not being watched' list and then my son repeated word for word one of the insults from the show. The TV went off instantly.

Maybe I am just a snob when it comes to TV but if you need to watch TV, why waste time with mindless garbage? Dora and Diego were sometimes annoying, but it at least tries to teach the kids something.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:15 AM   #5748
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathji View Post
- Most recently, I came home and my kids were watching Barbie, I think on Netflix. At first it seemed like it wasn't bad, but then I started paying attention. The characters were the most idiotic you could possibly conjure and they talked to each other in the most offensive way you could possibly squeeze into a kids show. I made a note to my wife that this should possibly go onto the 'not being watched' list and then my son repeated word for word one of the insults from the show. The TV went off instantly.
Haha, my wife and I watched some Barbie show on Netflix one time (don't ask) and it was surprisingly kind of funny. I also noted a Star Wars and Star Trek reference within the same episode.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:33 AM   #5749
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^^ my oldest daughter's been watching that Barbie show, and I think the writers are writing to amuse themselves more than anything - they're always taking little shots at Barbie's toyline history ("Barbie, weren't you a doctor/astronaut/pilot/nuclear physicist?").

...and Caillou deserves to be run over with a cement truck.

- Surferguy
Old 08-22-2014, 08:29 AM   #5750
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

That's CRAY CRAY

Quote:
Yep.

Since my kids were little, we were really vigilante than the limited time we let them watch TV was not going to be spent watching mindless crap

- I added Ruby and Max later because that Ruby is a serious bitch to her little brother.

Maybe I am just a snob when it comes to TV but if you need to watch TV, why waste time with mindless garbage? Dora and Diego were sometimes annoying, but it at least tries to teach the kids something.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:45 AM   #5751
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

We've had a good gear grinder on this before, but pedestrians starting to cross on flashing DO NOT WALK, blocking people from turning right GMG.

Honked at an older lady who booked it when timer was at 3. She got a honkin and was none too happy with me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ducay For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2014, 08:47 AM   #5752
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

My kids are older now, but I remember disliking Daniel Cook a great deal.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2014, 08:53 AM   #5753
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yep.

Kids programming is brutal now-a-days. I don`t remember it being very bad when I was growing up watching Care Bears, Duck Tales, Transformers, Ninja Turtles, etc.

The worst stuff is the programming aimed at pre-teens. I don`t know what is out there now but stuff like Hannah Montana et al. from a few years ago was incredibly brutal. It is no wonder that this recent generation is so screwed up. What ever happened to stuff like Boy Meets World.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:06 AM   #5754
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the worst kids show I've seen was something called Bratz. I only watched it for about 5 minutes, but it seemed to group together every terrible personality trait you want to avoid for your daughter.
The Following User Says Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2014, 09:44 AM   #5755
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Whatever happened to Recess, the Weekenders, Arthur, and the like? Atleast Spongebob is still on, that show rocks.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:11 AM   #5756
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post
We've had a good gear grinder on this before, but pedestrians starting to cross on flashing DO NOT WALK, blocking people from turning right GMG.

Honked at an older lady who booked it when timer was at 3. She got a honkin and was none too happy with me.
That's the worst side effect of the countdown timers on the walk signals. People see it's at 5 seconds and think, "if I run, I can make it".
Old 08-22-2014, 10:59 AM   #5757
Voodooman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

You should be legally permitted, nay, obligated, to run her stupid ass over at that point and make her a hood ornament.

People who start crossing when the counter is under 5 don't deserve to live.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:14 AM   #5758
FireFly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Was that this morning during the rain while you were in your warm, dry vehicle?

Older lady who ran? Congratulations, she gets it. Sorry for your inconvenience.

If it was not raining, honk away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
If edmonton wins the cup in the next decade I will buy everyone on CP a bottle of vodka.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:21 AM   #5759
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly View Post
Was that this morning during the rain while you were in your warm, dry vehicle?

Older lady who ran? Congratulations, she gets it. Sorry for your inconvenience.

If it was not raining, honk away.
There's no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing.

The light says don't walk. It doesn't say don't walk, unless you are cold, wet or forgot your umbrella. The fact that someone is in a vehicle doesn't mean other people can break the law. Next it'll be okay to rip through the red light because you're late. That's also not anyone else's problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to squiggs96 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2014, 11:27 AM   #5760
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

It's a slippery slope from walking through a crosswalk against the signal to running red lights. Next thing you know everyone's marrying their dogs and embracing pedophilia. That's not a world I want to live in.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread