Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Contests, Drafts, Trivia and Images
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2014, 06:24 PM   #161
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
It certainly decreased the drama a bit on the show, that for every flight, all the teams were on the same flight. Doesn't help that Air Canada was a major sponsor, I suppose.
Early in the race they had flights that were separated by an hour with a maximum number of spots. I think the final leg should be longer though to allow teams to catch up. Maybe 2 cities.

Also your start time for the final leg should be based on the number of legs you have won. Say 5 or 10 minutes per leg. This would reward good performance throughout the race instead of just an even three team race for the last leg.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:48 AM   #162
kaisin82
Draft Pick

I think the final leg was pretty decent and they did some pretty challenging roadblocks. Too bad that hockey girls didn't win, they were pretty consistent throughout the entire race. The last leg was pretty dependent on strength so they were in a little disadvantage. Didn't help when the taxi was about to breakdown

crazy funny guys won again. last season was jet and cord , now in mickey and pete haha....
Old 09-23-2014, 08:32 AM   #163
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisin82 View Post
Too bad that hockey girls didn't win, they were pretty consistent throughout the entire race. The last leg was pretty dependent on strength so they were in a little disadvantage.

I think if Megan did the Diefenbunker task, they might beat Mick and Pete. The remaining two tasks were fairly linear that won't trip anyone up.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:08 AM   #164
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord700 View Post
I think the show's format needs to change a bit. The last leg was bascially an even start for all three teams because they took the same flight.

The can easily delay giving the clues to the contestants after they had landed at the airport by certain amount of time. I don't think the winners should keep on winning the entire show. But I also don't like the fact that Rex and Ryan got an even start with everyone on the last leg.
The challenges were too easy and there was no detour. Again, there needs to be penalties for re-trying a Route Information task (such as the putting the pictures in order task). The stoners got it wrong 5 times cause they were just guessing. This way teams can pass other teams who are sitting out for 10, 15 minutes)

Old 09-23-2014, 10:22 AM   #165
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
The challenges were too easy and there was no detour. Again, there needs to be penalties for re-trying a Route Information task (such as the putting the pictures in order task).
Yes there should be a holdout period like 5 minutes between each check. I don't think the final picture challenge is very tough. The previous flag challenge was tougher. The final leg should be made up with tasks that could really trip people up.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:23 AM   #166
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was miles ahead of the last American season finale. What a dumb leg that was.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:26 AM   #167
kaisin82
Draft Pick

i think for season 3, they should just concentrate on just canada. it was weird seeing them fly out and into canada all the time....canada to hongkong,macau and back to canada, then to europe then back again.

is it planned this way due to the limited flight routes of air canada?
Old 09-23-2014, 10:49 AM   #168
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

they need to do some legs by bus.

The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2014, 11:58 AM   #169
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
they need to do some legs by bus.
Wouldn't that be something. Take a Greyhound from Moncton to Regina. See you next week!
Old 09-23-2014, 12:30 PM   #170
craigwd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisin82 View Post

is it planned this way due to the limited flight routes of air canada?
Sort of. It's a consequence of using AC throughout the race.
They can't country hop using planes because there is no such thing as an Air Canada flight from Macau to Tokyo, for example. Hence, the need to have Canada as a flight hub.

Of course they could use the trains in Europe but that would take away from the AC sponsorship.

It is what it is in my opinion.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:23 PM   #171
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komskies View Post
Wouldn't that be something. Take a Greyhound from Moncton to Regina. See you next week!

some legs.. you could do a leg from Halifax to Sydney and make the teams race on a bus.

Old 09-24-2014, 11:07 AM   #172
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigwd View Post
Sort of. It's a consequence of using AC throughout the race.
I bet that's why they went to HK, Macau and France. It is AC's chance to showcase the cities they fly to to drum up demand for those routes. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:04 PM   #173
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was thinking they should make them take the Greyhound from Winnipeg to Churchill or Thunder Bay, only to have to get out and do a real complex task immediately upon getting out.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:07 PM   #174
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
I was thinking they should make them take the Greyhound from Winnipeg to Churchill or Thunder Bay, only to have to get out and do a real complex task immediately upon getting out.
You can't take the greyhound from Winnipeg to Churchill. There's no road connecting Churchill to the rest of the Province.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:18 PM   #175
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

I did not know that. Then the 48 hour train ride should suffice.