Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2024, 09:11 PM   #5761
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
I did.
No. You didn't.

You made a disgusting accusation that the poster had a "disgusting position that the kidnapping, confinement, terrorizing and torture of innocent girls, mothers and grandparents is justified"

How the hell did you arrive at that conclusion from the posts you cited?

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2024, 09:16 PM   #5762
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
No. You didn't.

You made a disgusting accusation that the poster had a "disgusting position that the kidnapping, confinement, terrorizing and torture of innocent girls, mothers and grandparents is justified"

How the hell did you arrive at that conclusion from the posts you cited?
It is far from the stretch you make it out to be.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Manhattanboy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2024, 09:31 PM   #5763
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It is far from the stretch you make it out to be.
Well why don't you enlighten us all how you arrived at that conclusion by answering the question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post
How on earth did you get that oct 7th was justified by that comment.

Old 03-27-2024, 09:37 PM   #5764
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post
Are you denying that Israel is taking more land and homes from the West Bank? Don't need to read a textbook it is literally happening right now.

They just held a land sale in Canada (no muslims allowed) for stolen land in the west bank. This was weeks ago in Canada. No history textbook required.

Also not sure if you were referring to the Israelis spitting on christians but here it is.

https://youtu.be/7TwEQX6zwUI?si=MOVgFhPW_7KU5URR

Christian politicans don't realize that a lot of Israelis hate Christians more than they hate muslims.
You responded to my post about you spreading misinformation with more misinformation. Shocking.

45% of Israeli Jews are secular or not even religious. Your “alot of Israelis” hate Christians is a ridiculous statement not backed by anything. Do you have evidence that alot of Israelis hate Christians? No of course not. Not only do you not understand this conflict but you have even less understanding of the demographics in Israel.

Last edited by Beninho; 03-27-2024 at 09:39 PM.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 10:02 PM   #5765
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well why don't you enlighten us all how you arrived at that conclusion by answering the question?
I have sent a private message to the poster. If he is not satisfied that’s one thing.

If you are not satisfied I could not care less.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 10:13 PM   #5766
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I have sent a private message to the poster. If he is not satisfied that’s one thing.

If you are not satisfied I could not care less.
Great job.
Make a disgusting accusation in public.
Try and explain it in private.

Classy.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2024, 10:31 PM   #5767
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Yikes, Manhattonboy's actions in this thread are very poor and disingenuous.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2024, 10:45 PM   #5768
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
Your “alot of Israelis” hate Christians is a ridiculous statement not backed by anything.
"animals"

Old 03-28-2024, 08:06 AM   #5769
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Wondering to myself how we see this conflict end.

How many of the remaining hostages are still alive, and if they were released as part of a prisoner swap, would that be enough to stop the fighting?

If a large number of the remaining hostages are already dead, does Israel continue its offensive against Hamas regardless of a prisoner swap? Maybe, since Israel has stated that the Hamas terrorist organization needs to be eliminated.

I don’t see any sort of peace agreement or compromise coming from Hamas. I mean, they initiated this specific conflict with their actions on Oct 7, and I wonder what their end goal would be (other than to kill every single Israel member and take over the land).

Will Israel continue to try to eliminate Hamas until there are so few Hamas left that they surrender? Is that even possible when Hamas are hiding amongst the civilians?

I really hope that this conflict ends soon, but unfortunately I doubt it will.
Old 03-28-2024, 08:56 AM   #5770
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorfever View Post
Wondering to myself how we see this conflict end.

How many of the remaining hostages are still alive, and if they were released as part of a prisoner swap, would that be enough to stop the fighting?

If a large number of the remaining hostages are already dead, does Israel continue its offensive against Hamas regardless of a prisoner swap? Maybe, since Israel has stated that the Hamas terrorist organization needs to be eliminated.

I don’t see any sort of peace agreement or compromise coming from Hamas. I mean, they initiated this specific conflict with their actions on Oct 7, and I wonder what their end goal would be (other than to kill every single Israel member and take over the land).

Will Israel continue to try to eliminate Hamas until there are so few Hamas left that they surrender? Is that even possible when Hamas are hiding amongst the civilians?

I really hope that this conflict ends soon, but unfortunately I doubt it will.
IMO the only way it ends if if countries like Egypt, Jordan and Saudi Arabia start helping eliminate Hamas, and use that leverage to back Israel off.

That means they need to go after countries like Qatar who are giving shelter to terrorist scumbags.
Azure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 09:58 AM   #5771
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Antisemitic UNICEF

https://twitter.com/user/status/1771474707222577310

Don't they know the truth? Aren't they bothered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
the reality of the situation on the ground where Hamas is intentionally stopping aid from reaching the people.

Old 03-28-2024, 10:15 AM   #5772
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Antisemitic UNICEF

It might be more efficient if that one truck wasn’t trying to back in.
/g

Last edited by Doctorfever; 03-28-2024 at 10:31 AM.
Doctorfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 12:28 PM   #5773
Zary's-Mustache
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Flames

Quote:
Antisemitic UNICEF

Guess we should feel bad about collecting money on Halloween for this clearly antisemetic organization. UNICEF clearly just disguised as Hamas. Those little halloween unicef boxes were probably going directly to Hamas.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 04:28 PM   #5774
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

The seaport takes control of the aid flow away from Israel and puts it into the hands of world organizations like the UN, with the US providing security. This is a good thing, as 3rd parties are much more likely to work together to address the situation. It also puts Hamas in a precarious situation, because if they screw with the US, things are likely going to get much worse, fast.

But hey, I'm sure 'James Elder' is an expert on the situation on the ground compared to the US military.
Azure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 04:44 PM   #5775
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
The seaport takes control of the aid flow away from Israel and puts it into the hands of world organizations like the UN, with the US providing security. This is a good thing, as 3rd parties are much more likely to work together to address the situation. It also puts Hamas in a precarious situation, because if they screw with the US, things are likely going to get much worse, fast.

But hey, I'm sure 'James Elder' is an expert on the situation on the ground compared to the US military.
Man, it’s so cool we have experts here who know better than the governments they speak for. I mean, I could have sworn that the US has very much bowed out of any security obligations involving this thing, and that Israel is going to be providing the security (that’s worked out so well!).

But hey, I’m sure ‘Azure’ is an expert in the situation in the ground compared to the US government (and the many other governments and aid organizations that have raised the alarm that this project which is still months away from being real and aid is badly needed now…ish).
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2024, 05:58 PM   #5776
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

What does now… ish mean?

You were on a roll until that.
Old 03-28-2024, 06:30 PM   #5777
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why don't they just listen to Azure's expertise?

Quote:
The international court of justice has ordered Israel to allow unimpeded access of food aid into Gaza, where sections of the population are facing imminent starvation, in a significant legal rebuke to Israel’s claim it is not blocking aid deliveries.

A panel of judges at the UN’s top court, which is already considering a complaint from South Africa that Israel is committing genocide in the Palestinian territory, issued the ruling after an emergency measure in January obliging Israel to admit emergency aid.

The judges, who were unanimous in their decision, said Palestinians in Gaza were facing worsening conditions of life, and famine and starvation were spreading. “The court observes that Palestinians in Gaza are no longer facing only a risk of famine … but that famine is setting in,” the judges said.

In its legally binding order, the court told Israel to take “all necessary and effective measures to ensure, without delay, in full cooperation with the United Nations, the unhindered provision at scale by all concerned of urgently needed basic services and humanitarian assistance” including food, water, fuel and medical supplies.

The ICJ also ordered Israel to immediately ensure “that its military does not commit acts which constitute a violation of any of the rights of the Palestinians in Gaza as a protected group under the convention on the prevention and punishment of the crime of genocide, including by preventing, through any action, the delivery of urgently needed humanitarian assistance”.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-gaza-food-aid

Time to start piling on the war crimes charges.

Old 03-28-2024, 06:34 PM   #5778
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Why don't they just listen to Azure's expertise?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-gaza-food-aid

Time to start piling on the war crimes charges.
Do you think any were committed on October 7th? Wouldn’t that be a good place to start?
Old 03-28-2024, 06:37 PM   #5779
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's legally binding according to international law, and this has been verified by numerous international lawyers. Problem is, the west operates according to the "rules-based order", which is different from international law, and can be essentially summarized as whatever benefits the west is the rule. This is why the US officially has been pushing for this UN resolution not being legally binding.

Edit to add that the US' allies are having troubles defending the Americans this time. France came out today with the below statement from their spokesperson.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1773465469455859866

Last edited by activeStick; 03-28-2024 at 07:10 PM.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 06:40 PM   #5780
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Oooooohhhh.
International law.

My mistake.

I thought we might be talking about right and wrong.

Carry on.