Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-20-2017, 11:38 PM   #221
Love
Scoring Winger
 
Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Montréal
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahan For Mayor View Post
So he's better than Backlund again ? Lol.
Backlund is better. It'd be a scary sight to witness Monahan having to play Backlund's minutes and get his zone-starts. I'm sure Monahan will be able to handle it in 3 or so years.
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:49 PM   #222
ignite09
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahan For Mayor View Post
So he's better than Backlund again ? Lol.
So this is your shtick now? Dude, we had a resident Backlund hater here already. You're not even being original.
ignite09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:57 PM   #223
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get
 
Reggie Dunlop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Palm Isle
Exp:
Default

Solid player. Great Flames pick. Should have a noteworthy career if everything works out well. Thumbs up.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:02 AM   #224
Azhouse
Scoring Winger
 
Azhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Exp:
Default

Chuk and Mony?
Azhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:07 AM   #225
Monahan For Mayor
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignite09 View Post
So this is your shtick now? Dude, we had a resident Backlund hater here already. You're not even being original.
I'm not at all a Backlund hater. I literally just defended against trading him in a different thread.
Monahan For Mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:12 AM   #226
activeStick
First Line Centre
 
activeStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Exp:
Default

I remember at the start of the series I was unsure if Monahan needed to play with an edge and up his intensity to be successful but I think he proved this playoffs that he doesn't need to.

By far the best Flame and really the only Calgary player that impressed me in the first round.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:21 AM   #227
N-E-B
#1 Goaltender
 
N-E-B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love View Post
Backlund is better. It'd be a scary sight to witness Monahan having to play Backlund's minutes and get his zone-starts. I'm sure Monahan will be able to handle it in 3 or so years.
Defensively sure, but put a gun to my head and I think I take Monahan over Backlund. It's not like Monahan is bad in his own zone. Backlund is elite defensively but Monahan's overall game is stronger in my opinion.

Either way, we have em both and that makes me very happy!
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:48 AM   #228
Love
Scoring Winger
 
Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Montréal
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
Defensively sure, but put a gun to my head and I think I take Monahan over Backlund. It's not like Monahan is bad in his own zone. Backlund is elite defensively but Monahan's overall game is stronger in my opinion.

Either way, we have em both and that makes me very happy!
At this point in time I'm not sure I agree. I don't think Monahan has the ability to steal the puck in his own end and take it coast to cost for a dangerous shot in the slot like Backlund can. Backlund is a horse on both ends of the ice. Monahan needs to get faster, but he definitely has the potential to succeed beyond current Backlund.
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:13 AM.

Calgary Flames
2016-17




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016