Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-17-2017, 08:51 PM   #241
Simanium
Backup Goalie

Exp:

This is probably the worst season of Big Brother that I've seen (Canada or US). The bullying is far beyond the line and there is hardly any strategy even going on. I love the show, but this season is terrible.
Simanium is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simanium For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2017, 10:10 PM   #242
JFK
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

My fiancee got me into Big Brother, this is about the 2nd US version and we've watched 3 BB Canada's. These guys are just terrible... I really like Paul last year but he's been fairly boring this time out, not being challenged at all. The loud mouth cuban guy is pretty terrible, I need subtitles when he speaks, and every time he yells in the diary room I cringe.
JFK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JFK For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2017, 11:12 PM   #243
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cody was more likeable without Jessica, just like how I thought Jessica was better after Cody was voted out the first time. He had some pretty good lines tonight and loved his exit. Definitely a prick but there was an authenticity about him that you don't see in a lot of HGs cast today, he'd definitely fit in better in Survivor or even an old-school BB season.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2017, 11:26 PM   #244
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah this is probably the 8th season I've watched (US and Can combined) and this is by far the worst season. So glad Canada decided to come back for another season, especially since our version was really good this year and the US one has been a tota dud.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:39 AM   #245
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

I haven't watched every season, in what ways is this one that much worse than the others? The constant bullying by almost every houseguest?
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:42 AM   #246
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

They all say horrible things about each on the live feeds from what I've read, for the most part, seems to be the rare person who doesn't make it personal

This season seems to have more actual blowup type fights
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:59 AM   #247
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's definitely not the most cohesive cast but there have been less interesting casts. I would put this one in the middle or slightly below average but there have been worst casts. Bullying has always been present in this game to a degree as Evil Dick bullied his way to winning season 8. Will and Mike Boogie were not exactly gracious players. I feel Cody and Kevin as two of the most interesting contestants in years and wether you like him or not Paul is a quality player so there's definitely been worst casts IMO. The fact that we are having this conversation goes to show how forgettable some of the terrible casts like BB15 or BB4 when Jun won.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 08-18-2017 at 10:07 AM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:47 AM   #248
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

They just need to make a few tweaks to discourage herd mentality. Promote big game moves and shifting alliances. Right now the problem is that there is no danger to anyone on the controlling side of the house. There is no motivation or strategy that would encourage anyone to flip.

It doesn't help that the house was so fractured. Usually at least a few players play both sides and end up being the deciding vote.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:08 PM   #249
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
They just need to make a few tweaks to discourage herd mentality. Promote big game moves and shifting alliances. Right now the problem is that there is no danger to anyone on the controlling side of the house. There is no motivation or strategy that would encourage anyone to flip.

It doesn't help that the house was so fractured. Usually at least a few players play both sides and end up being the deciding vote.
Mentioned this before, but I think they need to allow the HOH to vote. It's a small change, but could result in 1 or 2 more surprises per season. Even just these last couple weeks, we've seen 2 people go home who were admittedly not the targets of the HOH (Josh wanted Elena out, Jessica went - Alex wanted Elena out, Cody went), but the targets of the house.

If Josh and Alex had votes, it gives them just a bit more power in their HOH weeks, and I think the potential would be there for this to flip the vote every now and then.
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:16 PM   #250
REDVAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spoiler!
Old 08-18-2017, 01:02 PM   #251
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

The problem is that the producers don't agree with you. They are more interested in keeping big players in the house and made "tweaks" to ensure big moves couldn't be made early. Temptation was designed to make sure that guys like Paul are not evicted early. I see their point as the first three game players to leave the house were terrible and it would not be worth Paul getting evicted over. Does anyone thing the game would be better with Cameron, Jillian, or Megan than guys like Paul or Cody? No way which is why they made sure Paul could not be evicted for three weeks and tailored the battle back for Cody to win. The ratings for this show always tails off as it gets closer to the end so they try to cash in on keeping the interesting players in the game as long as possible.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 08-18-2017 at 01:04 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:16 PM   #252
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Did I hear right Julie said there is another twist coming? I thought the twists and temptation stuff was done. Let me guess, they're thinking of a way to somehow keep Paul in as long as possible and bring back Cody?

I heard there is no jury battle-back comp this year which is good but surprising
Old 08-18-2017, 03:16 PM   #253
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just think the US one in general is way less interesting. When was the last time they had a luxury competition, or a have not competition? Or showed someone reading their HOH letter from home? Or someone got a fun challenge they had to complete in order to win a house reward? All the US bothers to show anymore is people talking game, fighting, and the base competitions. Oh, but we still have time for everyone's stupid pointless speeches and explanations of every meeting. :/
Old 08-18-2017, 03:25 PM   #254
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
I just think the US one in general is way less interesting. When was the last time they had a luxury competition, or a have not competition? Or showed someone reading their HOH letter from home?
That's one part I can absolutely do without. It's nothing but a time filler. Also wished they'd do away with the pleading speeches before evictions votes or POV ceremonies. Total time waster and when was the last time that actually swayed someone?

But completely agree. The US version is not as interesting.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 03:28 PM   #255
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

I too get frustrated with the wasted time. With all that footage surely there are interesting or even funny moments to show. Instead we get redundant and repetitive expanations of everything. It is one of the worst written shows on tv
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2017, 03:38 PM   #256
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
The problem is that the producers don't agree with you. They are more interested in keeping big players in the house and made "tweaks" to ensure big moves couldn't be made early. Temptation was designed to make sure that guys like Paul are not evicted early. I see their point as the first three game players to leave the house were terrible and it would not be worth Paul getting evicted over. Does anyone thing the game would be better with Cameron, Jillian, or Megan than guys like Paul or Cody? No way which is why they made sure Paul could not be evicted for three weeks and tailored the battle back for Cody to win. The ratings for this show always tails off as it gets closer to the end so they try to cash in on keeping the interesting players in the game as long as possible.

I'm not sure if the producers don't agree with me because I didn't say any of what you suggested. My post had nothing to do with Cody or Paul leaving or the other HGs staying.

What I don't like seeing is a steady and predictable procession of players leaving. There is no incentive to watch if I know already who is going home next Thursday the second the new HOH is crowned this Thursday (or Friday if it is an endurance comp and I need to read online feeds to find out).

That's not good TV because then I have no incentive to watch Sunday to see who gets nominated or Wednesday because the Veto is also pointless since even if the target nomination wins, there is already a predetermined pecking order of who is second on the list (Cody then Mark/Elena).
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 04:22 PM   #257
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm not sure if the producers don't agree with me because I didn't say any of what you suggested. My post had nothing to do with Cody or Paul leaving or the other HGs staying.

What I don't like seeing is a steady and predictable procession of players leaving. There is no incentive to watch if I know already who is going home next Thursday the second the new HOH is crowned this Thursday (or Friday if it is an endurance comp and I need to read online feeds to find out).

That's not good TV because then I have no incentive to watch Sunday to see who gets nominated or Wednesday because the Veto is also pointless since even if the target nomination wins, there is already a predetermined pecking order of who is second on the list (Cody then Mark/Elena).
I have already stopped watching. This season is bad.

Here is how the evictions will go. Elena - Mark - Matt - Raven - Kevin - Jason - Alex - Christmas/Josh - Christmas/Josh - Paul wins.

Maybe switch Jason and Alex with Christmas and Josh depending who wins that Final 5 HOH.

No one is beating Paul at the end. But these people are too stupid to realize that.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 04:35 PM   #258
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yep and the usual big talk. Christmas wins HOH -- "I'm not afraid to make a big move and shake things up!" -- hmm, she does seem to be the only one whose realized Paul is running the show, maybe...

"My plan is to backdoor Mark!"

Yeah, real big move Christmas...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2017, 04:46 PM   #259
Simanium
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I have already stopped watching. This season is bad.

Here is how the evictions will go. Elena - Mark - Matt - Raven - Kevin - Jason - Alex - Christmas/Josh - Christmas/Josh - Paul wins.

Maybe switch Jason and Alex with Christmas and Josh depending who wins that Final 5 HOH.

No one is beating Paul at the end. But these people are too stupid to realize that.
Agreed, hardly any drama.

Christmas' injury is kinda interesting to me, I'd want her in the final 3 if I was playing, just because it increases your odds at winning the final HOH. Typically the first part is endurance, which Christmas may not be medically cleared for and the second part is usually a puzzle involving a degree of physical activity that Christmas would be at a disadvantage at.
Simanium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:22 PM   #260
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

It was cool to see Derek again, too bad he wasn't coming back as a houseguest. This game is Paul's to lose, until they figure that out and get together to send him out he could easily win