Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2017, 06:45 PM   #261
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
I know Nage Waza likes to categorize any anti-Israel demonstration as anti-semitic, but the point of Al Quds day is protesting against the genuinely horrible treatment of Palestinians and the increasingly indefensible apartheid policies of the nation of Israel.
Anti Israel is very often anti-semitic, do you doubt that? Want to debate a policy? Go for it. Condemn the country? WTH

Israel is not apartheid and when you say that you are spreading hate and fanning the flames themselves. You are a part of the problem. You are beyond any reasonable discussion.

Quote:
In other words, IMO Al Quds day would be a terrible choice for a march against anti-semitism.
Al Quds is a terrible thing to support.

Quote:
(Yes, I'm aware that in some countries Al Quds day marches have turned violently anti-semitic. Mostly they don't, and it's still pretty much the one day when anti-semites have an actual point.)
Some countries includes Canada. You mean mostly they aren't violent but still jew hating? Like I said so many times, supporting events likes this, possibly even allowing them to happen, leads to what is going on in England.

Quote:
As for Hezbollah flags, boo hoo. Yes, they're categorized as terrorists and thus illegal, but the reality is so much more complicated that it's a pretty ridiculous complaint.
Absolutely disgusting. Hezbollah wants to kill jews and you have no problem with that. You are part of the problem. It didn't take much to get you to simply say what you mean. Other like you are more clever.
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nage Waza For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2017, 06:47 PM   #262
Nage Waza

Exp:

Quote:
Besides. People in general march for their own causes, not for someone else. For the most part that's just how people are.

Does the fact that white people rarely march with local indigenous minorities (first nations, samé, aboriginals, what ever your local flavour is) mean they all quietly just accept the racism and hatred those people face?
We were talking about what could be done to deal with what is going on in England. Al Quds day marches are taking place, which are marches that are absolutely anti-semitic, and contains other hateful and violent preaching. I would have thought that would be the perfect place for the assorted communities, in particular Muslim community to step up and send Al Quds packing. But no, you defended Al Quds.

At what point have we had enough with the brainwashing violent rhetoric that eventually leads to people committing terrorism?
Old 06-20-2017, 06:50 PM   #263
Nage Waza

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I do think Naga Waza is being over the top with his immediate accusations of anti-semitism and that most who participate in Al Quds do have noble intentions.
I have hit the nail on the head each and every time. Al Quds is not notable in any circumstance.

Quote:
However, Al Quds was also started by and continues to be financially supported by Iran and not the Palestinians themselves. Iran, who is a #####e nation, has highly dubious intentions. Iran squarely backs Hezbollah, which wants to install a #####e government in the area, while the Palestinians are almost entirely Sunni. In fact, Hamas and Hezbollah are likely engaged in open warfare against each other in Syria. Hamas supports various groups within the SFA and Hezbollah backs the Assad regime.
Things like Al Quds is the problem. Instead of helping Palestinians get their act in order, they claim they will cleanse Israel of Jews and repeat the assorted other hateful rhetoric. And if they are lucky, beat up some Jews. Al Quds is making things worse, not better.

Quote:
I'm not saying that Al Quds is totally without merit, but some of the parties clearly have hidden agendas. Anytime you have the flag of a totalitarian #####e group flying at an event for Sunnis, you should be suspicious.
How about Swastikas or Hezbollah flags?
Old 06-21-2017, 06:58 AM   #264
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yes, yes. Everybody who doesn't see the world way Nage Waza sees it is basically an anti-semite or at least part of the problem and inflaming hatred. Sure.

I'll just put Nage Waza on ignore. It's not like he contributes on the hockey side of the discussion either.

Last edited by Itse; 06-21-2017 at 07:03 AM.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:24 AM   #265
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Uh most Jews aren't even Semitic, like 80% of us are Ashkenazi.

Go ahead Zionists, keep pushing your apartheid interests in the name of Semetism but propping up the murder of Ashkenazi Jews as your rebuttal to an argument no one started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:30 AM   #266
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Out of curoiusity Nage Waza, did you participate in the local demonstration against Trump's Islamophobic travel ban back in February? Or is it only other communities that bear a responsibility to protest the actions and beliefs of others within same?
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2017, 07:39 AM   #267
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Naw, hardline Zionists only support groups that unabashedly support Israel. If you speak out against Israel's settlement policies, or in favor of Muslims in any shape or form, you are labelled a "Fake Jew" in a very Trumpian fashion and relegated to an out-group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:38 AM   #268
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ah the group has successfully shamed the individual. Never mind his arguments.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to peter12 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2017, 08:39 AM   #269
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yes, yes. Everybody who doesn't see the world way Nage Waza sees it is basically an anti-semite or at least part of the problem and inflaming hatred. Sure.
This sure sounds familiar.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2017, 09:34 AM   #270
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
Ah the group has successfully shamed the individual. Never mind his arguments.
He's presented ONE side of the argument very well. It's almost like he thinks Israel has done no wrong. Not very surprising though since no one is actually arguing with him.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:53 AM   #271
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
He's presented ONE side of the argument very well. It's almost like he thinks Israel has done no wrong. Not very surprising though since no one is actually arguing with him.
Fair enought, but both sides were doing the same thing here. Naga and Itse are the mirror image ying and yang of each other.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:00 AM   #272
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Fair enought, but both sides were doing the same thing here. Naga and Itse are the mirror image ying and yang of each other.
Yeah but I think Nage is wrong on a bunch of stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nage Waza View Post
Anti Israel is very often anti-semitic, do you doubt that? Want to debate a policy? Go for it. Condemn the country? WTH

Israel is not apartheid and when you say that you are spreading hate and fanning the flames themselves. You are a part of the problem. You are beyond any reasonable discussion.
This year the UN says Israel is guilty of apatheid...

https://web.archive.org/web/20170316...on-english.pdf

Some pretty persuasive arguments there that have since been removed from the UN website just because guys like Nage scream louder than anyone else. Same ole game.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:14 AM   #273
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Criticism of Israel is not anti-Semitic. Israel is a state with policies and systems that are open to criticism. Jews are a people.

However, there are countries all over the world that suppress minorities worse than Israel does, without earning any international condemnation. Israel is a target because it's a stand-in for Western or European countries. When one group in a developing nation oppresses another, nobody much cares.

And we could compare the plight of Palestinians in Israel with that of Jews in the Arab world, except they've all been driven out. I guess we don't really expect Iran or Libya to be as civilized as Israel, though, do we?
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2017, 10:39 AM   #274
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
Yeah but I think Nage is wrong on a bunch of stuff...

This year the UN says Israel is guilty of apatheid...

https://web.archive.org/web/20170316...on-english.pdf

Some pretty persuasive arguments there that have since been removed from the UN website just because guys like Nage scream louder than anyone else. Same ole game.
And I'm sure that he believes that your wrong on a lot of things. The UN can hardly be looked on as an impartial body anymore when it comes to Palestine and Israel.

Its more of a political body.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2017, 10:43 AM   #275
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
Zero. The answer was zero. There were Jewish protesters. Siddiq Khan allowed them to fly Hezbolla flags (illegal) and then had the gall to call the march against hate and far right racist rally. Sorry Khan but the Sikh community was there marching with other working class people. They are sick of the #### too. Sikh and Hindu girls are being abused by the sex gangs as much or more than English girls are because the abusers know there is less of a chance of them telling.

You do realise that Katie Hopkins is the worst kind of Jeremy Hunt don't you?
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:45 AM   #276
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
And I'm sure that he believes that your wrong on a lot of things. The UN can hardly be looked on as an impartial body anymore when it comes to Palestine and Israel.

Its more of a political body.
That's why when the UN decided to hide the report, I gave it a lot more credibility. I also know for sure that a thorough Nage critique is coming my way.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:52 AM   #277
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincrunch View Post
fair enought, but both sides were doing the same thing here. Naga and itse are the mirror image ying and yang of each other.
LOL. Sure.

Nage: "You're an anti-semite because you don't feel like how I feel about Al Quds day!"
Me: "The world is a little more complicated than that."
Captain: "It's like I'm seeing double!"

Smart guy centrism 101.
(Term plucked from this comic.)

Spoiler!

Last edited by Itse; 06-21-2017 at 11:03 AM.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 11:13 AM   #278
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
Criticism of Israel is not anti-Semitic. Israel is a state with policies and systems that are open to criticism. Jews are a people.

However, there are countries all over the world that suppress minorities worse than Israel does, without earning any international condemnation. Israel is a target because it's a stand-in for Western or European countries. When one group in a developing nation oppresses another, nobody much cares.

And we could compare the plight of Palestinians in Israel with that of Jews in the Arab world, except they've all been driven out. I guess we don't really expect Iran or Libya to be as civilized as Israel, though, do we?
Well, Israel has been the largest cumulative recipient of foreign aid from the US since WWII (despite its small size and population). That suggests that Americans at least might be entitled to expect good behaviour in exchange. Why the US government seldom insists on such remains a mystery.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:17 AM   #279
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
LOL. Sure.

Nage: "You're an anti-semite because you don't feel like how I feel about Al Quds day!"
Me: "The world is a little more complicated than that."
Captain: "It's like I'm seeing double!"

Smart guy centrism 101.
(Term plucked from this comic.)

Spoiler!
It has zero to do with my political views on Isreal. Go back and read your post, you come across in the exact same way.

Old 06-21-2017, 11:18 AM   #280
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
Well, Israel has been the largest cumulative recipient of foreign aid from the US since WWII (despite its small size and population). That suggests that Americans at least might be entitled to expect good behaviour in exchange. Why the US government seldom insists on such remains a mystery.
Compared with the stringent conditions the U.S. puts on aid and arms sales to Saudi Arabia?
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote