Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 10:58 AM   #3841
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Old 05-25-2017, 10:58 AM   #3842
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpacked View Post
Speaking of pushy moves...

What a pompous ass!!!!!!!!!!!
Is this a pooping pun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:03 AM   #3843
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostandIn View Post
If you can't spell buffoon, you're a buffon.
Not even the great Italian keeper can save Trump at this point.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:03 AM   #3844
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

This is outstanding

Old 05-25-2017, 11:08 AM   #3845
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackJack View Post
Here is a clip of the buffon's NATO speech. Check out some of the reactions of the world leaders as he rambles on....blah blah blah

https://youtu.be/lN-2tu7UH-A

Jesus, what a jackass. You can tell he has no idea that he's the laughing stock of the entire world. I think he honestly believes that other leaders take him seriously, which makes speeches like this even funnier.

Not sure which world leader it is in the video, but check out the dude about 52 seconds in who turns to the guy next to him with a "what the f--- is he blabbing about" expression. Hilarious.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:19 AM   #3846
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Macron owns Trump at the handshake game
Old 05-25-2017, 11:21 AM   #3847
JackJack
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
Not even the great Italian keeper can save Trump at this point.
GiGi!!
Old 05-25-2017, 11:36 AM   #3848
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Sen. Al Franken Is 'Flattered' by Buzz, But Definitely Not Running for President in 2020

http://people.com/politics/sen-al-fr...ident-in-2020/
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2017, 11:52 AM   #3849
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
Jesus, what a jackass. You can tell he has no idea that he's the laughing stock of the entire world. I think he honestly believes that other leaders take him seriously, which makes speeches like this even funnier.

Not sure which world leader it is in the video, but check out the dude about 52 seconds in who turns to the guy next to him with a "what the f--- is he blabbing about" expression. Hilarious.
I think you're fooling yourself outright if you believe that those leaders don't take him seriously.

Especially with the demand that Nato members increase their spending.

Honestly I don't think much of Trump, but it this speech I think he was pretty much on point with his position, and if that guy isn't understanding what he's blathering about, or which way the wind is blowing he's being stupid.

It wasn't a difficult speech, start paying what your supposed too because America isn't going to pay for your defense anymore.

Pretty simple.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2017, 12:13 PM   #3850
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I think you're fooling yourself outright if you believe that those leaders don't take him seriously.

Especially with the demand that Nato members increase their spending.

Honestly I don't think much of Trump, but it this speech I think he was pretty much on point with his position, and if that guy isn't understanding what he's blathering about, or which way the wind is blowing he's being stupid.

It wasn't a difficult speech, start paying what your supposed too because America isn't going to pay for your defense anymore.

Pretty simple.
Yeah, he's pretty bang on about US taxpayers subdizing the security of slacking member nations. Oh boy, I would love to be a fly on the wall during the closed door meeting between Trudeau and Trump.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:30 PM   #3851
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
Yeah, he's pretty bang on about US taxpayers subdizing the security of slacking member nations. Oh boy, I would love to be a fly on the wall during the closed door meeting between Trudeau and Trump.
Yet NATO spending should be proportionate to the amount of world conflicts a particular nation creates via antagonizing nations over 'human rights issues' (We're totally not after control of your natural resources, totally not at all.... seriously, we're not!) in my personal opinion.

And using that math, the US should be responsible for I dunno, 3,476% of the NATO budget.

Disclaimer: I used the Casio calculator on my desk to get that figure, so it may have a margin of error of approximately +/- 0.032%.
The Following User Says Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2017, 12:31 PM   #3852
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

The 4th Circuit Court of Appeals refuses to reinstate the travel ban, saying Trump's EO "speaks with vague words of national security, but in context drips with religious intolerance, animus and discrimination."

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...rcuit-IRAP.pdf

People going nuts about liberal courts (the 4th Circuit isn't liberal), and saying that blood is on their hands when the US has a Manchester like attack because of this.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2017, 12:33 PM   #3853
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
Yet NATO spending should be proportionate to the amount of world conflicts a particular nation creates via antagonizing nations over 'human rights issues' (We're totally not after control of your natural resources, totally not at all.... seriously, we're not!) in my personal opinion.

And using that math, the US should be responsible for I dunno, 3,476% of the NATO budget.

Disclaimer: I used the Casio calculator on my desk to get that figure, so it may have a margin of error of approximately +/- 0.032%.
That is neither the point of the alliance or national defense.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:35 PM   #3854
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

You know the simplest thing for Trump to do and probably would be a popular move would be to go completely isolationist, leave NATO completely, shut down their world wide bases and shift their defense spending to their Nuclear Armaments.

Basically leave Nato to its own devices, and define military alliances based on a one on one basis set on their own defined criteria.

At the same time in North America they could inform Canada that they need to start spending more or America would take over the aerodefense of North America and Canada wouldn't have a seat at the table.

And Pylon I know that yours is the populust and somewhat hilarious view. But would you then subtract from that budget figure the good that came from America's involvement in NATO? Just curious.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:37 PM   #3855
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You know the simplest thing for Trump to do and probably would be a popular move would be to go completely isolationist, leave NATO completely, shut down their world wide bases and shift their defense spending to their Nuclear Armaments.

Basically leave Nato to its own devices, and define military alliances based on a one on one basis set on their own defined criteria.

At the same time in North America they could inform Canada that they need to start spending more or America would take over the aerodefense of North America and Canada wouldn't have a seat at the table.

And Pylon I know that yours is the populust and somewhat hilarious view. But would you then subtract from that budget figure the good that came from America's involvement in NATO? Just curious.
You mean the obvious? Like Parisians still speak French, and Berliners still speak German?
Old 05-25-2017, 12:38 PM   #3856
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Personally I think that Canada's defense strategy and equipment is in such terrible shape that we should basically tell America that we'll send them the money that we would normally spend on defense and let the US handle coastal, air and ground defense and Canadians' would be allowed to join the American Military if so inclined.

then we could focus on search and rescue assets.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:41 PM   #3857
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Personally I think that Canada's defense strategy and equipment is in such terrible shape that we should basically tell America that we'll send them the money that we would normally spend on defense and let the US handle coastal, air and ground defense and Canadians' would be allowed to join the American Military if so inclined.

then we could focus on search and rescue assets.
It is absolutely embarrassing the degree to which we have allowed our national sovereignty to decay, and a colonial mindset to set in again. Especially after 100,000 Canadians gave their lives to escape that mindset, and take our place among the top echelon of Western democracies.

It makes me sick.

EDIT: Have you read Hasek's The Disarming of Canada?
Old 05-25-2017, 12:42 PM   #3858
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
It is absolutely embarrassing the degree to which we have allowed our national sovereignty to decay, and a colonial mindset to set in again. Especially after 100,000 Canadians gave their lives to escape that mindset, and take our place among the top echelon of Western democracies.

It makes me sick.

I've heard of but haven't read.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:46 PM   #3859
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

It makes me sick.

I'm less concerned with the threat of invasion from foreign countries than I am with the tightening grip of MNCs on our sovereignty.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:48 PM   #3860
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I'm less concerned with the threat of invasion from foreign countries than I am with the tightening grip of MNCs on our sovereignty.
You're worried about Mobile Country Codes . . . that's just strange

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms