Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #21
Brannigans Law
First Line Centre

Exp:

Can anyone offer a tip on some advice on buying at a sears/brick/trail vs the builder? Washer/Dryer wise?
Well, deal with it. I wasn't cheering for Canada either way. Nothing worse than arrogant Canadian fans. They'd be lucky to finish 4th. Quote me on that. They have a bad team and that is why I won't be cheering for them.
Brannigans Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #22
return to the red
Franchise Player

Exp:

seems how I started the original...Bought from Sears, Kenmore Elite dishwasher and range, whirlpool Gold fridge and LG washer and dryer. Waited for Sears days or whatever and told the builder to take his builder grade and give me an allowance on the house price for some other upgrade.

From my experience builder grade is ####ty and even the "upgraded" package is still middle of the road.

Things are probably different from builder to builder but I like researching and shopping for my own.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #23
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

They are good deals on Maytags right now (may is maytag month). You haggle a little, but there's not a huge mark-up on appliances.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
pseudoreality is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pseudoreality For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2013, 11:30 PM   #24
Titan
First Line Centre

Exp:

We bought our Samsung washer/dryer and fridge and GE gas stove from Sears. They price matched Trail and we got a bunch of credits for financing.

We bought in January. You may want to wait until the end of the year and then buy close to Christmas. Sears also had a 90 day price match so if it goes on sale for boxing day you are still covered.

I also found the "scratch and dent" areas at both Trail and Coast had some amazing deals for barely any damage. A good way to save some bucks.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Titan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #25
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Home Depot is great for appliances as well. They have a 10% price beat guarantee, which can be useful as they even honour it on other store's sale prices. They also have, from what I have found, the best extended warranty in appliances at the best price. Maybe not a big deal on a simple traditional 4 burner stove, but now that appliances are getting more and more electronic, replacing some of those components after warranty can get very expensive.

As a previous poster said, May is Maytag month and if you buy a set of 3 (fridge, stove, dishwasher) you get an extra $200 off. They also have $100 Mastercard giftcards available for certain models of Maytags.

That being said, Samsung is bringing in some great appliances that are highly rated/reviewed. They make a really solid product and have some great innovations as well. They just brought in a washer/dryer combo which is connected, so you can interact with your appliance via your cell. You can also submit tech support requests via this technology as well.

Good luck! We just went through this and after all of our research, we found that for the class of appliances we were after, Home Depot couldn't be beat. That being said, it was fun to go drool over some of the high end stuff at Trail.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #26
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

All I have to say is #### The Brick. Don't shop there. Ever. Sears is okay, depending on the delivery contractor you get. I have had some really bad luck with delivery drivers but the products have been good.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote