Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2015, 08:30 AM   #641
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can't argue with that result. Barca well worth the win.

I can't help though but look at their jerseys with UNICEF on the back and Qatar on the front and just shake my head.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2015, 04:03 PM   #642
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addick View Post
Today's match was a perfect exhibition of one of my pet peeves. If a defender gets an advantage from a ball-to-hand there is often no punishment but if an attacker gains an advantage from a ball-to-hand it is almost always results in a freekick. If they are going to prevent attackers from gaining an unfair advantage, I think defenders should be punished with the attacking team being awarded an indirect freekick.
had that exact same argument watching that

if neymar heads that off Evra's hand from 12 inches away its never a pen
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:46 PM   #643
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

it would depend where Evra's hand is. I ignore what people say about hand to ball or ball to hand.

For me:

Hand away from body = penalty
Hand close to body = no penalty

So yeah if Evra's hand is in front of Neymar face for some reason, it's a penalty.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:21 PM   #644
Quis_Separabit
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
it would depend where Evra's hand is. I ignore what people say about hand to ball or ball to hand.

For me:

So yeah if Evra's hand is in front of Neymar face for some reason, it's a penalty.
We need to clear up the rule more. For example any shot on target or goal scoring opportunity that hits your hand should be a penalty or a freekick
Quis_Separabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:05 PM   #645
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quis_Separabit View Post
We need to clear up the rule more. For example any shot on target or goal scoring opportunity that hits your hand should be a penalty or a freekick

I agree, your arm can't block space. Although that's a bit too harsh, otherwise your hands would always have to be behind your back.

or play with no arms.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:18 PM   #646
Addick
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post

For me:

So if an attacking team scored a goal where the ball went off an attacking player's arm that was held close to his body and he made no intent to handle the ball the goal would stand?
“Such suburban models are being rationalized as ‘what people want,’ when in fact they are simply what is most expedient to produce. The truth is that what people want is a decent place to live, not just a suburban version of a decent place to live.”

- Roberta Brandes Gratz
Addick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:35 AM   #647
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

How bush league to host the Final at a stadium with a running track, eh national post?
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:34 PM   #648
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addick View Post
So if an attacking team scored a goal where the ball went off an attacking player's arm that was held close to his body and he made no intent to handle the ball the goal would stand?
Yes.

Nor sure how that would be possible to head the ball against your own tucked in arm

The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2015, 02:20 PM   #649
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagor View Post
can't argue with that result. Barca well worth the win.

I can't help though but look at their jerseys with unicef on the back and qatar on the front and just shake my head.
+ xavi
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 06:57 PM   #650
sadora
First Line Centre

Exp:

Didn't want to start a thread about this and didn't know where else to post, but if anyone is interested in watching the Copa America it's now underway in Chile. 1st game is Chile vs Ecuador, still tied at nil. Only channel with the games I believe is Bein Sports! Some of the games of interest coming on the weekend with Argentina playing on Saturday and Brazil on Sunday.

http://www.ca2015.com/en
sadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:57 AM   #651
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

How'd that round of Euro qualifying go for everyone?

Lewandowski with the Natural hat trick in the last 5 minutes of play for Poland against Georgia. Poland dominated as was expected for the first half but was left off the board, scored early in the 2nd to make it 1-0 then decided to play like absolute crap for the rest of the 2nd half until Lewandowski remembered that he's actually very good.

Polands still on top of the group but of course, they play Germany next and some how I doubt we will be able to beat them again.

Last edited by polak; 06-15-2015 at 10:14 AM.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:11 AM   #652
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
Perfect Austria won in Russia yesterday although our best player (David Alaba) was injured. With 16 points after 6 games, Austria is comfortably at the top of the group ahead of Sweden (12) and Russia (8). We still have home games against Liechtenstein and Moldova, so it's pretty unrealistic that we screw this up at this point. Austria will play in only its second Euro tournament ever - we hosted the tournament in 2008, so it's the first time we actually qualify for one. Feels awesome and our current team is fantastic - young, hungry and a joy to watch.

A lot of credit has to go to coach Marcel Koller, he's fantastic. When he took over 4 years ago, Austria was ranked #77 worldwide ... currently we are at #20.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:43 AM   #653
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

No Greece in this tournament, they lost to the Faeroes.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:53 AM   #654
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

right now, the qualified teams would be:

Host: France
Group winners: Iceland, Wales, Slovakia, Poland, England, Romania, Austria, Croatia, Portugal
Group runner-ups: Czech Republic, Belgium, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, Northern Ireland, Sweden, Italy, Denmark

Plus 5 of: Netherlands, Cyprus, Ukraine, Scotland, Slovenia, Hungary, Russia, Norway and Albania.

Really like the new format, there are a few teams that normally don't qualify for a big tournament but are actually pretty good. Should be a fun tournament, will be great to see teams like Iceland, Wales, Austria and Northern Ireland on the big stage for once.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:28 PM   #655
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Poland should benefit from the new format. They were always one of those bubble teams that could give the big nations a scare but couldn't string together the consistency required to make it through qualifying.

Although this time around they're not doing too bad in a pretty competitive group. Their 90 minute play is still scaring me.

Last edited by polak; 06-15-2015 at 01:16 PM.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:57 PM   #656
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not only did the Faroe Islands beat the Greeks on Saturday, they also beat the Greeks earlier in the qualifying campaign in Greece. They are my hipster team.

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 02:18 PM   #657
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
Not great. A scrappy draw against the Jocks in Dublin pretty much takes Ireland out of the running.

They're now pretty much in the same position as The Georgians in playing the spoiler role in the group now to try and help Scotland secure a top two spot.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:24 AM   #658
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Croatia doing well in qualifying, as usual. Likely will be bounced in the group stage though, as usual. Despite having world class talents like Modric, Rakitic & Mandzukic and a very decent supporting cast, always same song and dance. Sigh.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:41 PM   #659
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you think Scorch was bad, then wait till you meet "Kingsley" - the new mascot of Scottish PL club Partick Thistle.

Dear Lisa Simpson: meth - not even once.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:

Tags
whowillsuarezbitenext