Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-21-2014, 11:20 AM   #1
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:
Default NEW LISTING: Over 3,000 sq ft of luxury on Priddis Golf Course

This executive estate home backs onto the 7th hole of the award winning Priddis Greens Golf & Country Club. The 3/4 acre lot is nestled amongst the natural forest with a peaceful stream flowing alongside the property. An open concept main floor boasts gorgeous dark stained hardwood and matching granite throughout. The gourmet kitchen features stainless steel appliances including dual Jenn-Air convection ovens and a 5 burner natural gas Jenn-Air range. Upstairs you will find a spa like master bedroom with a 5 piece ensuite, walk-in closet and oversized laundry room. 2 additional bedrooms, each with their own walk in closets, a 5 piece bathroom and bonus/media room is also found on the upper level. Worth noting - Cat 6e wiring throughout with a 10/100 Ethernet GB hub, Kinetico reverse osmosis drinking water system, VacuFlow, Fiber optic internet connection, Extensive ADT security system, 9 foot basement ceilings, mold & mildew resistant floor joists & School bus pick up from the driveway!

$1,250,000

Large Images
Spoiler!

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com

Last edited by Travis Munroe; 08-14-2014 at 02:26 PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:35 PM   #2
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Any chance you can get your buyer to drop to like 500k? That place is gorgeous good luck with the sale!
Old 05-21-2014, 01:15 PM   #3
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundmark19 View Post
Any chance you can get your buyer to drop to like 500k? That place is gorgeous good luck with the sale!
I'm sure he'd be able to find a buyer at 500k (ooh! ooh! pick me!). Getting the seller to sell at that price on the other hand.

Maybe a CP auction? I'll go 510k...
Old 05-21-2014, 03:53 PM   #4
Tolwyn
Farm Team Player

Exp:

No such thing as a 500k property out in that area if you know it -- Hawk's Landing/Nest is a pretty nice area -- no starter or mid-range homes there
Old 05-21-2014, 04:44 PM   #5
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
I'm sure he'd be able to find a buyer at 500k (ooh! ooh! pick me!). Getting the seller to sell at that price on the other hand.

Maybe a CP auction? I'll go 510k...
Haha whoops meant seller!

We could just split house and put in offer of 1.02. How do you feel about babies?
Old 05-22-2014, 08:41 AM   #6
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolwyn View Post
No such thing as a 500k property out in that area if you know it -- Hawk's Landing/Nest is a pretty nice area -- no starter or mid-range homes there

I'm pretty sure fundmark knew it wasn't going for 500k. Realtor1 had 1.3 million in the listing, plus its huge and on a golf course. Lighthearted fun is all, that segment of the market is pretty strong, so I'm sure it'll sell at a good price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundmark19 View Post
Haha whoops meant seller!

We could just split house and put in offer of 1.02. How do you feel about babies?
They make me tired. But I have a three month old, so I can't really complain about someone else's kids
Old 05-22-2014, 10:13 AM   #7
ranchlandsselling
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Something I'm curious about - with the million plus home market being so strong, where are the mover uppers going?

Sell that place for $1.3, moving to a $1.8? $2.3? A lot of divorce and moving to two $800k places?
Old 05-22-2014, 03:08 PM   #8
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchlandsselling View Post
Something I'm curious about - with the million plus home market being so strong, where are the mover uppers going?

Sell that place for $1.3, moving to a $1.8? $2.3? A lot of divorce and moving to two $800k places?
I know of two examples of folks who sold their ~1.5M homes on the outskirts of town (highway 8 area in both cases) and bought new infills in the Kensington and West Hillhurst areas.

Gentrification has made the inner city communities very desirable for folks with money who were previously being driven out of town.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:06 PM   #9
ranchlandsselling
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
I know of two examples of folks who sold their ~1.5M homes on the outskirts of town (highway 8 area in both cases) and bought new infills in the Kensington and West Hillhurst areas.

Gentrification has made the inner city communities very desirable for folks with money who were previously being driven out of town.
Interesting, I'd hardly say anyone who lives in a $1.5 million dollar home was ever "driven out of town." Unless it was in a towncar by a guy with a cap to and from work.

Last edited by ranchlandsselling; 05-23-2014 at 08:35 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ranchlandsselling For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2014, 09:19 AM   #10
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchlandsselling View Post
Interesting, I'd hardly say anyone who lives in a $1.5 million dollar home was ever "driven out of town." Unless it was in a towncar by a guy with a cap to and from work.
Maybe not driven out of Calgary but between 10 and 15 years ago there was a fairly significant mass exodus of upper middle class families out of Calgary and into communities like Priddis, Heritage Pointe, Elbow Valley, Springbank, De Winton, Bearspaw. During that period of time there wasn't much excitement or desire or growth in the inner city. Over the last 5 years those folks have been slowly drawn back into, now desirable, inner city communities.

In the late 90's my parents considered building in Glen Eagles, Elbow Valley/Discovery Ridge or Heritage Pointe. They settled for Evergreen Estate. In 2004/2005 my parents moved into the inner city because being in the suburbs sucked and they also didn't need as much house anymore. I was out on my own and my bro was away at University so a lifestyle change was easy to do.

Last edited by calgarygeologist; 05-23-2014 at 09:23 AM.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:09 PM   #11
YYC in LAX
First Line Centre

Exp:

Nice pad Tolwyn!

Old 05-23-2014, 07:41 PM   #12
keratosis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I was one of the guys that built that house.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:39 PM   #13
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Maybe not driven out of Calgary but between 10 and 15 years ago there was a fairly significant mass exodus of upper middle class families out of Calgary and into communities like Priddis, Heritage Pointe, Elbow Valley, Springbank, De Winton, Bearspaw. During that period of time there wasn't much excitement or desire or growth in the inner city. Over the last 5 years those folks have been slowly drawn back into, now desirable, inner city communities.

In the late 90's my parents considered building in Glen Eagles, Elbow Valley/Discovery Ridge or Heritage Pointe. They settled for Evergreen Estate. In 2004/2005 my parents moved into the inner city because being in the suburbs sucked and they also didn't need as much house anymore. I was out on my own and my bro was away at University so a lifestyle change was easy to do.
This is a very valid phenomenon - and one could say it represents the maturation of this City. In the 80's it was all about getting into the "Estate" areas of the Burbs - Varsity, Bonavista, Edgemont. 90's to 2005 seemed to be about "Springbank". While there is still demand in these areas (Bonavista / Varsity are crazy hot) the "out in the boonies" aspect of the new subdivisions is certainly playing a part in reducing demand.

In my opinion, a lot has to do with the "prestige" factor - much like how a 3 series or A4 is considered average around town. Someone saying they live in Elbow Park or Altadore - well... you know they must be rich! Say Silverado Estates and it doesn't wow anyone, even though its a very nice place. Watch Roxboro become the new trendy sign of wealth "meh, if it floods, it's a good excuse to freshen up the place. And I made $50m last year"

It's not just retirees - I've seen several 25-45 upper middle professional types make the trade too. Probably why you see all the mass cookie cutter builders like Brookfield doing infills now (sigh....usually bland cookie cutter ones..c'mon guys)
Old 08-14-2014, 02:27 PM   #14
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

bump for 50k drop!

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 04-24-2015, 09:48 AM   #15
Ace
First Line Centre

Exp:

Did these guys de-list?
Old 04-24-2015, 03:26 PM   #16
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

No - http://tmunroe.com/mls-C3655022-502_...s_Alberta.html

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 04-25-2015, 08:06 AM   #17
Doodlebug
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Over 11 months and not a price drop, I admire their stubbornness.

Whoops missed the 50K price drop in August...me bad.

It is a beautiful area, was looking to make an offer on an amazing bungalow (118 Hawkslanding Drive) back in Oct-Nov 2013. Unfortunately in the time it took me to convince the wife about the commute, the house was sold. Do you know how I could find out who was the builder of that property?

Last edited by Doodlebug; 04-25-2015 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:30 AM   #18
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Trickle Creek was the builder for this property.

I typically look for stair stamps to figure out who the builder is although that doesn't help you in this situation.

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com